Lower Colorado River Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 1, 2017

2.7

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was selected for an in-person interview. I think the time frame from submission to interview was about two weeks. The panel was easy to talk with. They asked garden variety questions regarding my experience and certifications. Unfortunately, HR will not contact you to give you any feedback regarding your interview or if you did/did not get the job. I would say that’s what tainted my experience. Why not show a little more interest in your prospective employees and answer the questions they may have?

Transmission Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial phone interview was the main technical portion. Was asked to describe FERC/NERC, ISO/RTO, ERCOT and its relationship to any of those, among other things.

Was asked typical behavioral questions, and proficiency with computers.

Was asked what I knew about LCRA (transmission subdivision specifically).

Following that, I was invited for an on-site, which was a cultural fit interview more than anything.

Engineering Associate I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied online on LCRA's website. The entire process took about 3 weeks. Began with a phone screening which I scheduled to ensure the job description fit what I was looking for. This led into my interview which was at LCRA in Austin, TX where I interviewed with two of the head supervisors in which they evaluated how well of a fit I would be at their company.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two person interviewed, The interview went well, they asked about my education and work experiences. They had situations and wanted to know what you would do in certain situations and how you would over come the problem.

Interview Questions

• What is one conflict you had with a coworker at your previous job? and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call asking some general behavioral questions and background. Was given a date for the interview and then it was pushed back a week right after that with no reason given. Had the interview, thought it went fine. Was told I would get an answer from them in two weeks, so two weeks later I had to contact them for them to tell me they had to push back the decision. TWO MONTHS after not hearing anything from them I see that a class mate of mine had accepted the position on Linkedin.

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online on LCRA's website. Had a phone interview with some basic questions to see in which area you fit best. A week later, I interviewed on-site in Austin, TX. Had an overall positive experience: the interviewers were very patient and helpful, the technical questions were general and related to the job description. They typically don't respond in case they don't select you for the position.

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority.

Interview

The on-site interview was less than two hours long. There were only 3 people in the group interview. They never got back to me about the position after over a month.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a certain situation?
      How do you deal with very difficult people?
      How do you deal with lack of requirements for a project?   Answer Question

Permitting Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX).

Interview

Phone screen, followed by phone interview (I live in a different city) with 4 people I would be working under. Questions not too challenging, but they ask you to complete a strange practice assignment for them with zero information on how to do it. I tried contacting them after I submitted the assignment and they didn't get back to me.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if someone is upset about the company and thinks that it's a governmental organization?   Answer Question

Business Operation Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

there was a phone screening followed by an onsite interview. The interview was setup in about a week after the phone screening. It was mostly behavioral and some technical questions. The interviewers were very nice and friendly. After a month I followed up and they told me that I was still in the running but I never heard from them after that. The job status was never updated even though the job was not on the board anymore.

Lead Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with three individuals. The interview took about an hour. A lot of questions were asked both about technical skills and interpersonal traits. The interviewers were all pleasant and treated me with respect. No decision was made. However, I was later offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in preparing financial statements?   1 Answer
    • How would I improve the internal control for the company?   Answer Question