Lower Colorado River Authority Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lower Colorado River Authority

2.7

Lead Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I met with three individuals. The interview took about an hour. A lot of questions were asked both about technical skills and interpersonal traits. The interviewers were all pleasant and treated me with respect. No decision was made. However, I was later offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Did I have experience in preparing financial statements?   1 Answer
    • How would I improve the internal control for the company?   Answer Question

Lab Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Question answer period from all the dept heads and executives on site. Questions were about my skill levels from customer service to analytical expertise. I met all of the department managers and all the workers in the department I was applying for. Then they took me on a tour of the lab and I was shown the area I would potentially be working in and a little bit of what exactly what I would be doing.

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to work for the ELS LCRA?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I wasn't given the option to negotiate, just an offer to take or leave.

Welder Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume online and was selected for an in-person interview. I think the time frame from submission to interview was about two weeks. The panel was easy to talk with. They asked garden variety questions regarding my experience and certifications. Unfortunately, HR will not contact you to give you any feedback regarding your interview or if you did/did not get the job. I would say that’s what tainted my experience. Why not show a little more interest in your prospective employees and answer the questions they may have?

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a short phone interview from HR and after a few days, Hrscheduled a phone interview of hiring manager with me. The manager is nice and no stress during interview. Conversation is smooth and happy. And it is surprised that they gave me the offer without on-site interview. The whole process just took two or three weeks.

Business Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in April 2008.

Interview

After applying online, I was contacted by HR to meet with the hiring manager for a one-on-one interview. We met at the HQ offices in a large conferencce room. I was asked basic questions about my professional experience, habits, etc. I was contacted (by the mgr) for a second interview and ultimately a third with the hiring mgrs manager.

Interview Questions

• I was asked what I considered to be standard, cookie cutter interview questions...What are your postive traits, where do you see yourself in five years, what can you contribute to this group, what are your greatest strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I accepted their offer without negotiation.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in June 2011.

Interview

The process is pretty straight forward. There is an online submission application where you can upload a resume. I was contacted via email that my application was received. I was able to go into the system to check the status.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience with .Net   2 Answers

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Two person interviewed, The interview went well, they asked about my education and work experiences. They had situations and wanted to know what you would do in certain situations and how you would over come the problem.

Interview Questions

• What is one conflict you had with a coworker at your previous job? and how did you over come it?   Answer Question

Telecommunications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Got a call asking some general behavioral questions and background. Was given a date for the interview and then it was pushed back a week right after that with no reason given. Had the interview, thought it went fine. Was told I would get an answer from them in two weeks, so two weeks later I had to contact them for them to tell me they had to push back the decision. TWO MONTHS after not hearing anything from them I see that a class mate of mine had accepted the position on Linkedin.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Applied online, got a phone interview in about a month, then on-site interview in another half month.
    Offer received in about 3 business days.

Phone interview was conducted by HR
    On-site interview was conducted by the people you may work with, with some technical background questions, not hard at all. All the people I met were very nice.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lower Colorado River Authority (Austin, TX) in March 2011.

Interview

Was screened by an external recruiter who said they would definitely recommend me for a face to face and suggested 'a week or so' as timeframe for next contact. At the 2-week point, I emailed the recruiter to touch base, and again a week later, but received no response.

After nearly 2 months from the first contact, I received a call from the same recruiter. She said that now that the face-to-face interviews were complete (indicating I was in that group), they had selected other candidate. I explained that I had not done another interview. She cast around for possible reasons they may have decided not to follow up, and ultimately promised to provide feedback on any issues or concerns.

I never heard anything back.

Interview Questions

• I really don't recall any specific questions at this point.   Answer Question