Lucid Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lucid Software

3.1

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pleasant Grove, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Pleasant Grove, UT).

Interview

Hiring process was very easy and straight forward. I had 2 phone interviews and a final interview w a manager.

Unfortunately, I turned down the role because the salary is far to low for what I was expecting (35K base plus commission).

The HR reps and hiring managers were very nice and easy to talk w. Lucid has a great product and software, but the financial security made it tough to pull the trigger when other companies offer far better salaries.

My advice would post the salary on job listings so more qualified candidates apply.

Analytics Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

The company asked for a lot of information (transcripts, work samples, etc.). Ultimately, they decided not to move forward with me (claiming they had already found a candidate.) Two months later, a recruiter reached out to me about a very similar job in the same office. I assumed the recruiter knew I had begun the hiring process for almost the same job a few months before. And I agreed to set-up a call. Well she didn't know I had previously applied. I informed her on the initial call and suggested she check with the team that had decided not to move forward with me. I didn't hear from her for three weeks, and then when she did reach out she said they were moving forward with another candidate. Again with no real feedback. It's one thing to do that once. An entirely other to proactively reach out to a candidate with a grosse lack of information about that candidate's very recent, very relevant experience with your company. And then to ghost them.

Interview Questions

• The usual- about my experience, why I was interested. As well as a fairly detailed work sample.   Answer Question

Sales Enablement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in April 2020.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter in late February. Had lunch with the hiring manager later in March only to find out leadership pulled the budget for the position due to COVID-19. It was unfortunate because I was very interested in the position and joining the Lucid team.

The hiring manager wanted to keep in touch in case things changed but I continued to look for more solid opportunities. We had several more phone calls and video calls between March and mid-May. During this time I was having more concrete interviews and conversations with other organizations so I was losing enthusiasm for the opportunity at Lucid because I didn't know if it would ever happen.

Come mid-May someone gave notice so they had the opportunity to backfill a role and got me quickly set up to meet the team and the VP of sales. Completed that interview only to check-in with the hiring manager several days after where she declined to move forward due to my lack of enthusiasm for the role.

Ultimately, due to COVID, there were some extenuating circumstances however I think anyone would lose interest in a job opportunity after talking to the company for 3 months and going through so much back and forth. The path to an offer was never made clear to me and I wasn't sure when it would end. Ultimately, even with COVID, I think there were some missed opportunities on Lucid's part to handle this interview process better.

User Experience Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

There will be 2 of the designers in the team to meet with you online. They are very nice. The whole process takes about 30 min. Basically you will be asked to walk through one of your projects and describe the details. They will cut off whenever they think there is a question.

QA Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in March 2020.

Interview

I never leave reviews but I truly can’t get over how ridiculous Lucid’s hiring process is. I read the reviews from other people beforehand and thought surely it can’t be that bad. I was wrong. Fair warning, this is going to be long.

I first applied about 6 months ago. Then I was asked to do a “questionnaire” that consisted of a few questions, including a sort of QA test. I was told they had recently filled the position but that they’d be hiring again later. They were enthusiastically insistent that I apply again.

So this time around I did the application process again and then did a 20 minute phone interview with a recruiter. Then they asked me to send them my college transcript and to do a “personality assessment.”

After that, they asked me to come in for an interview that was 2 HOURS LONG. Y’all. I applied for a position that explicitly states it is entry level with no experience required. Lucid acts like I applied to be the CEO. I just can’t emphasize enough how absurd that is. I know people in very high positions who all tell me their interviews were 30 minutes–an hour max. I‘ve spoken to hiring managers who say they know in 10 minutes if they want to hire someone or not.

Anyway, as for the interview itself, they asked me things like: How would I test a vending machine? How would I test a water bottle? How would I find light sources in a kitchen? Explain a process? What would you do if your favorite app wasn’t working on your phone? I guess they were trying to get an understanding of how I think, but the thing is, that can all be taught on the job. For a position that is, again, advertised as entry level with no experience required, I would expect to be trained on how to test things. When the interview was over, I felt like they didn’t know anything about me, my skills, my experience, my work ethic, anything.

The next week I got a phone call from a different recruiter telling me they were moving forward with other candidates.

When it was all said and done, I spent around 30 hours on this. I admit that a lot of that was my own choice; I spent hours preparing for the interview, researching Lucid, playing around on Lucidchart and Lucidpress, writing 10 pages of notes, and so on. But does Lucid not realize they’re wasting so much of their own time, too?

TLDR: Lucid’s hiring process is a joke.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

I started by applying online after which I got an online coding round 1 question with no time limits. After that, they asked me to schedule an online interview with the technical recruiter, the interview lasted for 2 hours and I had to code 3 questions in the language of my choice.

User Experience Designer Interview

Interview

Short recruiter screen over the phone, followed by a lengthier portfolio review with designers. The portfolio review was standard: screen share, case study, etc. I heard back within a few days.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Provo, UT) in February 2020.

Interview

all online done via app where they ask 5 questions and you need to take video of yourself answering.The catch is its one minute each and you get unlimited practice time and also if you can re do video a many times as you like.I loved it and it gives a chance to let things mellow in

Sales Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2020.

Interview

Online sales assessment interview. It was a good experience. I felt like it was organized and efficient. I enjoyed the process. The sales recruiter was punctual in replies and organized in his responses.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lucid Software in January 2020.

Interview

Lucidchart is an awesome product, one I’ve used for years. Unfortunately, success has altered the recruitng mindset at Lucid. Most of the sales team is made up of “bros.” This is not only a young company, but an equally young employee base. Their reputation of hiring “like” employees is disguised by their Recruiters telling cadidates they have “high standards.” Here’s the catch: I personally know and have worked with several of those they have hired. They are well below my experience level and skill set. They have also not been vetted by Recruiters from legitimate Fortune 500 companies. While I wish Lucid nothking but the best, “pride cometh before the fall.”