Lucid Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lucid Software Interview Questions

Updated Sep 9, 2017

3.4

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

This was for an entry level ux designer based out of salt lake city.
    Phone screen with recruiter(who was a bit pushy) -> portfolio review with director of ux (1 hr)-> portfolio review with larger team(1hr), followed by online remote design challenge. -> teach back of any thing that interests you -> onsite

Interview Questions

• design challenge: design a train transit kiosk which only has 4 button options.   Answer Question

Customer Success Director Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

Met with the VP of customer success for an initial interview and had a subsequent deep-dive with the VP of customer success and one senior exec, followed by an interview with two senior execs.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out out to me via LinkedIn and we had a brief phone conversation. They then brought me in for an in person interview with 3 recruiters and 1 HR person. Unfortunately it has be over 3 months since I have heard from them, I don't know if there hiring process is very slow, or they just do not get back to candidates. Either way the recruiting team seems very inexperienced and it shows.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in May 2017.

Interview

They reached out to me on April 25 through LinkedIn. I had three separate phone interviews, each lasting about 30 minutes. I then came in for an "introduction" which really was a round of four more separate interviews that lasted approximately 2 hours 15 min total. During a time slot with the CEO, he asked that I “teach” him something, and gave me about 5 minutes to prepare a white board presentation. I felt really good about it all, but in the end was sent a rejection email on May 18 (about a week after my "introduction"). They focused a lot on personality and how I handled certain circumstances, but turned me down (I believe) for a skill they appear to think I don’t have. Said skill was clearly detailed on paper, but was never really discussed, in depth, during the interview process. Admittedly, I was frustrated with this aspect of the process because they reached out to me for my skills, interviewed me based on personality and behaviors, and then rejected me (I believe) for something they didn’t discuss in depth during the interview process. I would have hoped that after sacrificing that much of my time, they would have been more willing to question me on and/or test my skills rather than assume I didn’t have them. However, I did appreciate that they took the time to make sure that they have the right fit for the position as well as the company as a whole. It means that their employees truly matter to them.

Interview Questions

• Why I was looking for a new job.   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Sandy, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was informative, positive and personable. Response to my submission took a few weeks at which point a 20-minute phone screen was scheduled via email. The phone screen was smooth and comfortable and actually went long. I took that as a good sign. Post the phone screen, I was contacted within a few days and a second 45-minute phone interview was scheduled with the hiring manager. The second interview was also very informative while placing an emphasis on critical thinking with an example scenario that required talking through the thought process in analyzing the objectives while offering potential action items. I actually found the exercise to be fun and thought provoking in a positive way.

Interview Questions

• What is the role you play in your current position and what are the responsibilities of that role.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to fill out a 16 Personalities questionnaire.   1 Answer
    • I was asked to submit my college transcripts.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Part in person interview, one for programming practice, which is interesting but challenging. second part is about basic OO problems, they asked some basic and stranded questions. third is about OO design, they are friendly and nice to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Family models which may includs complex member relationship.   Answer Question

QA Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

A phone interview followed by an onsite interview. I got an email from the recruiter to schedule the interview as per my availability. I got the interview schedule after 2 days so that I could research about the company. After the phone interview I was asked to come for an onsite interview which was thorough and lasted for 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• They opened up a module of the application and I was asked to suggest the top 5 features which would be critical to test every time a change is deployed.   1 Answer

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

Very slow with getting back to me with each step of the process. Seemed a bit disorganized. They also had a CSS exercise after interview. At the time only 2 devs on the team. The environment is very open, so not much privacy for employees.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at campus career fair and was contacted two weeks later. The first interview was scheduled 60 minutes but eventually it only takes 45 minutes. Feel strongly that the interviewer was not interesting at all in my additional project.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me through my LinkedIn profile. The first round was a phone-screen with the recruiter that lasted about 30mins. This was very generic - my background, interests, previous experiences etc. It became a little uncomfortable at the end when the recruiter asked me my salary expectations more than twice even though I declined to discuss them at that point. Also asked me very specifically about what other places I'm interviewing at, what stages are the interviews at and when will I hear back from them. I was not at all comfortable discussing that with the recruiter.

She then set up a 1hr technical interview with their UX lead/manager. Again there was a lot of miscommunication here, interview scheduled on a day that recruiter later realized was a holiday. Then asked to reschedule later that week. But the interviewer apparently wasn't notified, so I got an unexpected call on the cancelled date, and I politely informed of the miscommunication. But finally the interview happened later that week.

It was a more formal portfolio walk-through, so I had prepared a nice PPT for that. It was one of the most fun interviews I've had! The interviewer was extremely engaged and interested in everything I was presenting. He would stop me at certain points and ask specific questions about my design decisions or research methods. We spent almost 50 mins discussing one project, but it was very thorough.

I really thought the interview went well, but I heard back a few days later that I hadn't made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you've dealt with a very complex design problem.   Answer Question