Lucid Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

Sort:

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter reached out out to me via LinkedIn and we had a brief phone conversation. They then brought me in for an in person interview with 3 recruiters and 1 HR person. Unfortunately it has be over 3 months since I have heard from them, I don't know if there hiring process is very slow, or they just do not get back to candidates. Either way the recruiting team seems very inexperienced and it shows.

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. I was supposed to interview with three different people, but wasn't able to due to them being in a meeting. My first round of interviews was supposed to last 30 minutes but the interviewer had to leave after 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Draper, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Draper, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied online. I was first contacted by email and given a homework assignment to complete. Next was a phone interview. After that I was invited onsite for an interview (about 1/2 day). Everyone was friendly but they didn't seem prepared to have me there. Their work environment is open, noisy, and messy. They said they have plans to move so perhaps their new location will feel more comfortable.

Interview Questions

• Homework assignment: Write code to find the length of the longest non-decreasing sequence through adjacent, non-repeating cells (including diagonals) in a rectangular grid of numbers.   2 Answers
    • On-site coding challenge   1 Answer

Lucid Software Response

Oct 6, 2014 – Director of Engineering

Thanks for the feedback. I'm really glad you found the team friendly. I appreciate the comment about organization. We're a young, informal company and I'll definitely work on creating a smoother... More

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lucid Software in October 2014.

Interview

Programming task: 3 different tasks were given for programing out of which 2 were easy and the 3rd one was time consuming. They setup the environment for the task based on the language one prefers, and they allow to use internet for basic reference to online docs. (syntax purpose only). Use of websites like stack overflow not allowed.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lucid Software in December 2013.

Interview

referral and got the interview. 1 hour with three questions, and meet front end team and backend team.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in September 2012.

Interview

First, I was administered a programming test that I completed remotely and submitted. My test was successful so I was invited in for an interview. The interview began at 1PM and finished at 5PM, and consisted of another programming test (timed this time) and meetings with three pairs of people from different parts of the organization. After the in-office interview, I was administered three skill tests specific to the type of engineering position I was applying for (emphasis on UX/UI). After the tests, I received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

• What are the pros and cons of a circular menu, in contrast to a traditional menu (in the context of user experience and user interface design).   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was satisfied with the offer (being my first offer out of school) and did not attempt to negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in February 2015.

Interview

I was recruited through a college recruiting event at BYU. The process was fairly informal, but very prompt and the recruiters a pleasure to work with. All of my emails were answered within a day.

The interview itself was difficult, but not prohibitively so. Many other interviews I've had with companies that take pride in hiring only "the best and brightest" will ask unfair trivia questions (e.g., the famous light bulb question) or very specific CS theory questions (e.g., "what is the difference between polymorphism and inheritance) that feel very much like a final exam.

My interview at Lucid consisted of a programming segment, with four problems increasing in difficulty and a statement that I was expected to solve whichever ones I could. I was able to solve all four, but not with much remaining time.

After the programming segment was a modeling question, where they asked me to model a deceptively complex system. I did horribly at first, but with discussion with the interviewers, came to an answer I feel good about. The communication was very open, and I could tell that the interviewers wanted me to succeed.

Interview Questions

• Modeling question: Create a model, with the appropriate classes, for a family.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was fine and the staff were helpful, but the pre-screening challenge was long (10 days given, finished in few days) and then it took them some time to get back to me telling me no offer. What a bummer when I did very good on the interview day overall. A big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• many questions: 3 coding exercises (one of them not even solvable in the time allotted, total was 60 mins for all questions), an exercises in algorithm design on the board and big-O analysis, then personal 1-1 interview by a senior engineer.

The most difficult question is to write an algorithm for the 2048 game (shifting, merging/summing) and they wanted it generic. I didn't get enough time to code it through (I even didn't see/play this game before but that doesn't matter since i could figure out the algorithm but no time to code it).   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

3 rounds of onsite interviews onsite.

1. Set you up and leave you in a conference room to do a coding challenge. In my case they asked me to implement a popular game. I had never played before, but the interviewer seemed to expect me to know the rules and concepts of the game. I think this lead to my poor performance for this part of the process.
    2. Algorithm questions/discussion
    3. Architectural discussion with 2 engineers

Interview Questions

• Implement a game, bonus points for creating an AI to play the game.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online through their website. They sent a HackerRank test which had 1 question about N x N matrix. I was given a week to solve the problem. It was tricky to solve but certainly not hard enough to need 7 days!

Interview Questions

• The phone screen was 1 hour long. I was allowed to use my strongest language. The interviewer gave me 3 questions to solve and said he'll be back to see the progress in an hour.
      The first question was on string sorting, the second was object-oriented programming and last was to design a text-based game.   Answer Question