Lucid Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

3.4

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was reached out to about a recruiting opportunity at Lucid. One of the recruiters scheduled time for us to have a brief chat. On the day of our call, he was over an hour late. I emailed him about the missed phone call and he apologized saying he was very busy—we rescheduled. After our initial chat, he emailed and said he had set up time for me to chat with his manager.

The day of our call, the manager was late. Forty-five mins after our initial scheduled call, she called and asked if we could reschedule for later in the day—I agreed. Patiently waiting for the newly rescheduled call, she texted me at the time of our scheduled conversation saying that she would be 15 minutes late. Annoyed, I waited for her call and we chatted briefly about the role and what they were looking for. I was told they would be following up with me to come in for an onsite at the end of the week and so far I’ve heard nothing—It’s been over 2 weeks. The recruiting team seems very disorganized and messy—apart from that, I can say that their candidate experience is very lacking.

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucid Software in December 2017.

Interview

After having several conversations with a recruiter she said I was a great candidate for the job. She asked me for my schedule of availability. I quickly responded to her email and she didn't respond. A week later I followed up with another email and she still didn't respond. I called and left several voicemails, contacted her on LinkedIn, and filled out a general application online. No one followed up with me. 6 months later they ask me to come in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early for my scheduled interview time. They took FORTY-FIVE minutes to bring me in for an interview. I wasn't offered a job. But I think I wasn't very enthusiastic about working for the company and it probably showed in my interviews.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Lucid Chart?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Jordan, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview consisted of three rounds. The first round was a coding challenge that consisted of 3 questions. First 2 questions are very easy, but the third one is time taking. They grade you on how many parts were you able to complete successfully. It requires sound fundamentals of coding and logic, also ability to code in a stipulated time. The second round consisted of algorithmic questions, there were two. And third round was resume review and class design questions. The interviewers are so great, they guide you throughout the process, and they want you to succeed. I was really nervous because I did not finish the third coding question which impacted my performance in the second interview, but with their right guidance, I was able to arrive at the correct solution. Don't be nervous and listen to the hints from interviewers.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in November 2017.

Interview

30 min phone interview -> assignment -> final interview with 3-4 team members. They gave me another chance for assignment and I didn't get the final offer but they gave me good feedbacks and they were friendly.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Sandy, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Smarter than thou (Harvard grad) gave little to no direction and then was surprised when you didn't meet or exceed his expectations. Very condescending from the phone interview all the way thru 3 in-person interviews. Don't waste your time on this company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I met the recruiters on-campus, and asked them about their opinion about the company. I gave them my resume, did a HackerRank challenge. Went in for the on-site interview, totally bombed it. I found out that their internship is typically for Juniors and above. (And, they said that it's typical for sophomores to fail at the stage that I failed at).

Interview Questions

• I was asked to implement a class that used a callback function (in C++) to implement a buffer which read in a line, and printed it when the '\n' character was reached. (On checking later, JavaScript might have been a better language for me to use.)   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

I had a couple of Skype interviews and then an on-site interview in their new office. The recruiter wasn't involved at all, and typically when that happens, there is a lot of inconsistency and overall a bad process. I e-mailed the recruiter asking a few questions after my first Skype and never heard back. The on-site interview was poorly conducted, and I've still not heard back from them. So I am not sure if I got the offer or not, likely not.

Corporate Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was unorganized. I was supposed to interview with three different people, but wasn't able to due to them being in a meeting. My first round of interviews was supposed to last 30 minutes but the interviewer had to leave after 5 minutes.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I was asked to apply over email before a career fair. I applied after talking to them at the fair, then did an hour long interview over google hangouts that was essentially a coding challenge, wherein the interviewer literally hung up while I did it. A few days later, I did another hour and a half long interview, involving algorithms and object-oriented design.

They didn't make me an offer. It seems that they put me through the whole process because my resume seemed impressive to them, but turned me down because my skills were unrelated to the type of software they work on (which was all in my application). Bit of a waste of my time if you ask me.

Interview Questions

• How would you design a model for a family tree application?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied and was invited to an on-site interview. They gave me an hour to solve some problems on a computer and then had me solve a problem on a white board. The people were super nice and it wasn't a super hard interview, I just really freaked myself out and couldn't focus at all. I was honestly surprised they continued interviewing after some of the mistakes I made.

Interview Questions

• just basic questions, they would have asked more if I had continued   Answer Question