Lucid Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lucid Software Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

Three Part in person interview, one for programming practice, which is interesting but challenging. second part is about basic OO problems, they asked some basic and stranded questions. third is about OO design, they are friendly and nice to answer my questions.

Interview Questions

• Family models which may includs complex member relationship.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

Very slow with getting back to me with each step of the process. Seemed a bit disorganized. They also had a CSS exercise after interview. At the time only 2 devs on the team. The environment is very open, so not much privacy for employees.

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in February 2017.

Interview

Applied at campus career fair and was contacted two weeks later. The first interview was scheduled 60 minutes but eventually it only takes 45 minutes. Feel strongly that the interviewer was not interesting at all in my additional project.

UX Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me through my LinkedIn profile. The first round was a phone-screen with the recruiter that lasted about 30mins. This was very generic - my background, interests, previous experiences etc. It became a little uncomfortable at the end when the recruiter asked me my salary expectations more than twice even though I declined to discuss them at that point. Also asked me very specifically about what other places I'm interviewing at, what stages are the interviews at and when will I hear back from them. I was not at all comfortable discussing that with the recruiter.

She then set up a 1hr technical interview with their UX lead/manager. Again there was a lot of miscommunication here, interview scheduled on a day that recruiter later realized was a holiday. Then asked to reschedule later that week. But the interviewer apparently wasn't notified, so I got an unexpected call on the cancelled date, and I politely informed of the miscommunication. But finally the interview happened later that week.

It was a more formal portfolio walk-through, so I had prepared a nice PPT for that. It was one of the most fun interviews I've had! The interviewer was extremely engaged and interested in everything I was presenting. He would stop me at certain points and ask specific questions about my design decisions or research methods. We spent almost 50 mins discussing one project, but it was very thorough.

I really thought the interview went well, but I heard back a few days later that I hadn't made it to the next round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project where you've dealt with a very complex design problem.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

3 hours total, cut into 1 hour segments. The first hour is a series of coding questions. You've got to work fast to get through the whole thing. The second hour, I met with a couple of engineering team leads, and we chatted about programming languages and worked through some problems on the board. It might be worth saying that you should know about Big-O, but maybe that is obvious. The third hour, you meet with some engineering high-ups and work through an OO design problem and go over previous experiences, etc.

They called me after a couple weeks or so to update me where they were in the process, then about a week later they gave me an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite programming language?
      Do you feel like any features are missing from it?
      What features would you add to the language if you could?
      Answer Question
    • Tell us about a difficult technical challenge that you solved. What role did you play in developing the solution? What was the solution?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stanford, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Stanford, CA).

Interview

Included basic programming skills test and programming/computer fundamentals. Interviewers are very nice and willing to guide you through the process. I couldn't accept the offer in the end due to some personal reasons but I would definitely recommend joining Lucid Software.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation and basic game logic   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

The first round was basic HR question screening the skills, qualification, and some behavioral question. After one week interviewed with Senior Manager of Growth and Analytics. Digging into the resume. A case study was given. As you proceed in the case study they will provide the data. Basically seeing the approach of solving the problem.

Interview Questions

• Have you applied analytics to solve real life problem?. Case study about the number of subscription of the product.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in December 2016.

Interview

Three interviews. First two rounds were coding on a shared-code platform. Nothing fancy, but the problems were kind of long. The third round was oop design + talking about the differences between two languages. The last group that interviewed me showed bad attitude, but all other engineers and recruiters are nice.

Interview Questions

• Split a stream of strings into lines.
      A chess game.
      Design a model for family relationship.
      Answer Question

Customer Success Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software in December 2016.

Interview

After an initial phone call I did two Google Hangout interviews. The interviewer was nice, but during the second online interview he seemed rushed which made it stressful. Although we kept in touch after the interviews (he kept saying they were working out kinks in the position), he never told me whether or not I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

I submitted a code sample online and got a call back a week or two later that they wanted to have me for an onsite interview. A few weeks later I interviewed at the company with a series of interviewers. The company has an awesome, humble feel and everyone I met with was universally friendly. I felt bad turning down the offer but I will definitely be considering them in the future.

Interview Questions

• A code sample, followed by algorithm and language feature questions, followed by a discussion on design.   Answer Question