Lucid Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 11, 2018

3.4

Senior Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Generally really nice people. I feel that they could of been more respectful of my time and not drag out the process so long. They would tell me I got the green light when they didn’t know that and overall just did a bad job at managing expectation/communicating how long the process takes.

Not a hater, their interview process just needs some fine tuning in order to be respectful too all parties.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in April 2018.

Interview

Included a initial phone interview with the position’s manager. A face-to-face interview then followed a few days later, with the position’s manager again, the department manager, and a developer. The face-to-face interview took 3 hours and included a practical examination, a traditional interview, and then a logic exercise with the developer. A few days later a phone interview with a Sr. Vice President. The process took about 3 weeks.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT).

Interview

3 rounds of onsite interviews onsite.

1. Set you up and leave you in a conference room to do a coding challenge. In my case they asked me to implement a popular game. I had never played before, but the interviewer seemed to expect me to know the rules and concepts of the game. I think this lead to my poor performance for this part of the process.
    2. Algorithm questions/discussion
    3. Architectural discussion with 2 engineers

Interview Questions

• Implement a game, bonus points for creating an AI to play the game.   1 Answer

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lucid Software.

Interview

Recruiter called a little over 2 weeks after I applied. Phone interview was mostly to describe the in person interview - procedural, I'd say. Not much in the way of getting to know me. I met with 3 people - no one was on time and they seemed distracted and disinterested. I'm at a loss of why they called me in the first place. I took note that the place looks like the student union of a college campus. It is a sea of 20-somethings, which I was warned about prior to applying. Then I read the president's post on LinkedIn about waiting to find the perfect candidate "someone who fits" and who is "raw" and realize I never had a shot at Lucid to begin with. I was told to not bother with this company because I'm over 35. Too bad - great products and customers. I don't think the place is very inclusive or diverse though.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a customer issue that you solved and what the outcome was.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in March 2018.

Interview

The interview was fine and the staff were helpful, but the pre-screening challenge was long (10 days given, finished in few days) and then it took them some time to get back to me telling me no offer. What a bummer when I did very good on the interview day overall. A big waste of time.

Interview Questions

• many questions: 3 coding exercises (one of them not even solvable in the time allotted, total was 60 mins for all questions), an exercises in algorithm design on the board and big-O analysis, then personal 1-1 interview by a senior engineer.

The most difficult question is to write an algorithm for the 2048 game (shifting, merging/summing) and they wanted it generic. I didn't get enough time to code it through (I even didn't see/play this game before but that doesn't matter since i could figure out the algorithm but no time to code it).   1 Answer

Creative Customer Success Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2018.

Interview

I had originally applied for another job but was then contacted by a recruiter saying I'd be best in another role. So I applied for the Creative Customer Success Associate like she recommended. The hiring manager reached out and we had a brief conversation about the role. She then said she would love to do a phone interview with me. The day of the interview she was an hour late. She called and then basically said that they're moving on with other candidates. I was wondering why she even considered me and offered a phone interview in the first place if she didn't even give me a chance on the phone. It was a huge waste of time.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked. They set up an interview just to tell me I didn't get the job.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software in March 2018.

Interview

There were 3 rounds: basic coding, algorithms and then design. In the end, there is a behavioral round with the senior staff. It's very hard to determine what they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• Cannot disclose due to NDA.   1 Answer

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I was reached out to about a recruiting opportunity at Lucid. One of the recruiters scheduled time for us to have a brief chat. On the day of our call, he was over an hour late. I emailed him about the missed phone call and he apologized saying he was very busy—we rescheduled. After our initial chat, he emailed and said he had set up time for me to chat with his manager.

The day of our call, the manager was late. Forty-five mins after our initial scheduled call, she called and asked if we could reschedule for later in the day—I agreed. Patiently waiting for the newly rescheduled call, she texted me at the time of our scheduled conversation saying that she would be 15 minutes late. Annoyed, I waited for her call and we chatted briefly about the role and what they were looking for. I was told they would be following up with me to come in for an onsite at the end of the week and so far I’ve heard nothing—It’s been over 2 weeks. The recruiting team seems very disorganized and messy—apart from that, I can say that their candidate experience is very lacking.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in South Jordan, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lucid Software (South Jordan, UT) in January 2018.

Interview

Had a referral which led to two phone interviews. They then had me take a skills assessment with only one questions but over a week to complete it. They said it should take about an hour, and it took me a little longer than that. One of the most difficult assessment questions that I have recieved while applying for senior positions. Completed a couple more phone interviews then was asked to come in for a 4 hour interview in person. Several skills challenges later, I had answered all questions correctly as far as I could tell. Maybe not quite as fast as they were hoping. Still no offer.

Interview Questions

• Various dynamic programming questions   1 Answer

Sales Development Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lucid Software in December 2017.

Interview

After having several conversations with a recruiter she said I was a great candidate for the job. She asked me for my schedule of availability. I quickly responded to her email and she didn't respond. A week later I followed up with another email and she still didn't respond. I called and left several voicemails, contacted her on LinkedIn, and filled out a general application online. No one followed up with me. 6 months later they ask me to come in for an interview. I arrived 15 minutes early for my scheduled interview time. They took FORTY-FIVE minutes to bring me in for an interview. I wasn't offered a job. But I think I wasn't very enthusiastic about working for the company and it probably showed in my interviews.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with Lucid Chart?   1 Answer