Lucid Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.6
Karl Sun

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Fully-stocked kitchen, game room, open space with no cubicle walls (in 12 reviews)

• A lot of emphasis on work/life balance (in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • Growing pains - maintaining company culture while adding lots of new employees (in 8 reviews)

• Trying to figure out if they are a legit company or start-up (in 2 reviews)

1. "Sales Development"

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time

Pros

great culture, amazing people, care about diversity, want what is best for you and your career

Cons

hard to think of them except maybe growing pains. Like any startup, it is hard to develop processes on the fly and get it right every time

2. "Great Company, but not necessarily for everyone"

I worked at Lucid Software full-time

Pros

Outstanding company perks and culture. Free food, company activities, the best hardware and software for your work. They use world class tools and processes to deliver a product that is pushing the limits of web technologies.

Cons

Lucid expects a lot out of its employees and will prefer those who give more hours and more effort. If you are willing to put in the time, there is plenty of opportunity for career advancement.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to care more about the career goals of the individual employee than the goals of the company. The paths they provide are good, but don't fit everyone. Also the company culture is geared towards young, unmarried college graduates, making it harder to keep those who are farther along in their careers.

"Employees Come First"

Current Employee - Web Developer in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Web Developer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Employees come first at Lucid. They really care about being an excellent employer that takes care of their employees. Leadership is very engaged and accessible. Pay is on par with industry and region. Lucidchart is an excellent product with room for a ton of growth. The culture is collaborative and not competitive, which has been so refreshing for me.

Cons

I started off unhappy with my compensation, but they have been very willing to raise it quickly as I've demonstrated excellent performance. No current complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep being the best employer around! All of the benefits are excellent, don't lag behind in compensation and you'll be able to retain the amazing people you've worked so hard to get. As we move into the growth stage, don't forget about the people, values, and work that helped you get there as a startup!

"Pass on this place"

Former Employee - Account Executive in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Some good people higher up but unfortunately they have hired some wolves in sheeps clothing. Culture was great when I was first hired and slowly got worse and worse.

Cons

Manipulative practices not conducive to a healthy work environment. Pit worker against worker. Would not recommend working here in less you just need a filler for 6 months.

"Great company!"

Pros

Perks were amazing. Loved the gym benefit and free lunch on Mondays/Fridays.

Cons

No cons, it was an amazing place to work with no egos!

"I love Lucid!"

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lucid is a fantastic software company, helmed by a solid and experienced executive team committed to growing the correct way. They care deeply about work/life balance and are dedicated to providing stability for their team members while still providing the growth potential associated with a Silicon Slopes Unicorn.

Cons

The company could use a little bit of maturing as it relates to travel policy and spending, however, I am torn because I like the fact that they are fiscally responsible.

"Amazing Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Account Executive in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Lucid is such an awesome company. The culture is inviting and innovative. Everyone I work with is not only intelligent and hard-working, but also kind and helpful. Management cares about professional and personal development. Clients love the software and are always raving about how much time it has saved them. Benefits are some of the best in the state. Overall, an amazing place to work!

Cons

There have been some growing pains, but management has been awesome in navigating those.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work!

"Awesome team"

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The team is amazing - smart and hard working people with low egos. The product is great - stable and a well-established product-market fit. The office is fantastic - spacious, great views, and fun features (climbing wall).

Cons

The traditional "startup perks" aren't quite as exciting as at other companies - the food in the kitchen is mediocre and usually runs out mid-week; the swag is not super-exciting; etc.

"Good company! Great people - poor compensation"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They've hired great people. I love my team and my managers-- everyone is really smart and sincere. I get to work on interesting problems with a lot of autonomy. Fun activities occasionally.

Cons

Senior management negotiates hard with recent grads and early professionals to bring them in at lower-than-average salaries. If your salary is good or too high when you come in, they don't promote you as fast and you eventually wane to a lower-than-average salary

Advice to Management

Lucid teams don't ask for exorbitant compensations increases. Reward solid performance and compensate fairly. Don't rely on a fun culture and good people to keep employees around. You'll lose your talent.

"Working at Lucid Software is the Best!!!"

Pros

- Amazing People
    - Career Growth Opportunities
    - Catered Lunches
    - Good work-life balance
    - Bouldering Wall

Cons

Almost too good to be true. But it is true.