Lucid Software Reviews

Updated May 7, 2021

4.5
Lucid Software CEO Karl Sun
Karl Sun
Pros
  • "Also the fully stocked kitchen was a great feature(in 14 reviews)

• "Lots of hustle here while promoting a healthy work-life balance(in 13 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Lucid is still relatively young, so there may be occasional growing pains(in 28 reviews)

• "Still a new fast growing company with occasional growing pains(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's been a great place to work

May 7, 2021 - Product Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great People, Lots of Responsibility

Cons

There are few full-time remote roles

2. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Everything's great except compensation and PTO which continue to be below tech industry

Jan 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunities, some benefits, mission-driven leaders, younger culture that focuses on teamwork over ego, WFH stipend, decent focus on diversity and inclusion, incredibly stable outlook.

Cons

Compensation, compensation, compensation. I've seen swaths of people leave my department because other Utah tech companies have offered up to 40% more in compensation for the same role. Lucid leadership refuses to acknowledge that they pay below market and instead say that they continue to use a compensation research company to help determine salaries. Not convinced that it's working if area tech companies continue to poach Lucidites. Great if you're just starting a career but once your 4-5 years in, it doesn't become worth it anymore. Lucid is starting to appear in the same arena as places like Pluralsight, Qualtrics but the compensation means they aren't recruiting the talent needed to get to that level. Unfortunately, PTO is quite restrictive for the tech industry. 15 days PTO as a SaaS company with ten years under its belt? Unlimited PTO is standard in many competing tech markets (and in many Utah tech companies). Most benefits that are touted in response to concerns are focused specifically on parents (which are incredibly important) but considering the young crowd Lucid attracts, it just doesn't cut it. Grateful the CEO is progressive enough to celebrate Juneteenth and MLK Day but they took away our floating holiday to do so. Essentially, management is getting credit for being progressive while forcing employees to pay for it with a rare day off. A true statement would have been to allow employees to keep their floating holiday and close the company down on holidays celebrating racial justice.

4 people found this review helpful
    3. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Luicd lives their values

Apr 28, 2021 - Security Engineer in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Lucid has been a dream come true. They worked with me to make sure I got my dream role. The people here are not only extremely competent and intelligent but also kind, caring, and passionate about their work.

Cons

Haven't found any cons yet.

4. 5.0

Unique and Special

Apr 23, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

The opportunity to work with some of the best people in the industry. Culture is amazing especially the teamwork over ego. Benefits are amazing. Engaged leadership that is genuine in wanting to do the right thing for both Lucid and it’s employees. Opportunity for growth in fast paced environment.

Cons

None that I have experienced

5. 5.0

Motivated people

Apr 16, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fun work environment due to high levels of motivation among coworkers. Highly engaged leaders. Company has treated employees well during the pandemic.

Cons

Diversity still not where it should be, but seeing genuine efforts to address this from some (but not all) leaders.

6. 5.0

Excellent place to work

Apr 1, 2021 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Focused on teamwork over ego and individual ownership. Great place to learn and grow. I feel like I have always been rewarded for my efforts and results. I feel like Luicd's executive team tries to do what is best for Lucid Employee's rather than always focusing on the bottom line.

Cons

Nothing really material. I only have minor annoyances like Lucid uses Scala for backend services. Scala is not my favorite language.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Lucid is simply an incredible place to work.

Mar 20, 2021 - Senior Solutions Engineer in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Even with COVID the company culture has been amazing and the executive has been very transparent. This company truly works and loves by the core values.

Cons

It's going to be a con for just about every company right now, but we are totally remote. Very limited face to face interaction, which becomes draining.

Continue reading
    8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

I wish I was warned about Lucidpress

Apr 16, 2021 - Account Executive in South Jordan, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

Almost everyone is nice and thoughtful, generally good people to work with. Lucid Software as a parent company provides lots of benefits, activities, learning/networking, and a positive culture. People were comfortable being themselves. Lucid had all the benefits that I would expect at a company of this size.

Cons

I think that candidates need to know that Lucidpress is a completely separate experience from Lucidchart/Lucid Software. Except for getting the same benefits package, it might as well be a different company. For all of the glowing reviews about "Lucid", you are not getting the Lucid experience at Lucidpress, despite how it may be presented during recruiting. Lucidpress is really an afterthought to anyone I met from Lucidchart, and not once did I ever see a Lucid exec attend a Lucidpress-only meeting, ever. Lucidpress definitely felt like it was struggling during my time there. As a salesperson, I received one marketing generated lead per month, two if lucky. Seriously. Only real estate sales is able to consistently close deals, otherwise it's entirely based on luck. Lucidpress hasn't figured out how to pitch to other types of businesses, and there is a fundamental issue that most companies don't actually want non-designers editing their branded content, contradicting our "brand consistency" pitch. When we did trade shows, very few leads came through and even fewer ever seemed to close. Prospecting also rarely worked and conversion on cold calls or emails was extremely low. Deal sizes are minimal, and $5-10k feels like a lot to designer buyers. I was often confused why I was hired when we seemingly had no demand or viable market, and constantly second guessed why I was spending my time here. Despite the issues that seemed to exist, I didn't see leadership making significant changes. It seemed like Lucidpress leaders just wanted to maintain the status quo for fear of admitting that things weren't working. Real estate deals were presented as growth indicators, but without a plan to replicate them in other industries. The burden is put on sales reps to figure out how to sell the product, but it didn't seem like the company or leadership was willing or able to set any real direction for sales to follow. Most importantly, I just think that anyone considering Lucidpress should be warned that it feels like a sinking ship. You're not joining the flashy unicorn of Lucid Software. It's not fair for anyone to think they're joining a growing part of Lucid when Lucidpress felt more like it's dying on the vine.

Continue reading
      7 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company and Culture

Apr 9, 2021 - Business Analyst Intern in Lehi, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

People are Smart, fun, and nice. Workplace culture is collaborative and uplifting. Nice Perks Good Benefits

Cons

Boring product Lunches were infrequent and repetitive

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great

Apr 12, 2021 - Account Executive in Salt Lake City, UT
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was a fun working experience

Cons

I wish I lived closer

Viewing 1 - 10 of 198 Reviews