Lucid Software Reviews

Updated May 13, 2020

4.3
Lucid Software CEO Karl Sun
Karl Sun
Pros
  • "Also the fully stocked kitchen was a great feature(in 14 reviews)

• "I get to work with really smart people on interesting problems using modern technology and engineering best practices(in 13 reviews)

Cons
  • "I'll be honest, every company has its downsides and Lucid is no different(in 24 reviews)

• "As a rapidly growing company there are some growing pains, especially when it comes to effective communication(in 14 reviews)

1. "Teamwork over ego"

Current Employee - Recruiter in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for less than a year

Pros

My leaders, my team members, the growing-but-still-feels-small feel

Cons

Nothing that I would consider a con, so far

Lucid Software2020-05-13

"Amazing company, people, and opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I've been at Lucid for many years now and have seen the company grow a ton. Despite the growth, the important things remain consistent: - We have a culture of teamwork and innovation - We are surrounded by people who are smart and always willing to help - We care deeply about each other and the product - We have a great executive team - We are transparent and honest - We like to have fun together I'm grateful to work for such an amazing company where I am trusted to do my best work and given countless opportunities to grow. It is truly a pleasure to work here.

Cons

I'll be honest, every company has its downsides and Lucid is no different. That said, I've never found a downside that was major enough to make me leave. Yes, there can be stressful deadlines. Yes, there can be tough projects. But throughout it all, I've been supported by others which makes all the difference.

""Teamwork Over Ego""

Current Employee - Product Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love working at Lucid because it provides me with tons of learning opportunities, both formal and informal, on a daily basis. I've not had a day here where I was bored or felt like I haven't learned something new. In addition, everyone - regardless of team or level - is extremely approachable and always willing to help. "Teamwork over ego" is something everyone here really takes to heart, and it shows in my daily interactions with co-workers and my overall experience at Lucid!

Cons

As a rapidly growing company there are some growing pains, especially when it comes to effective communication. It's something people are aware of and are working to address, but there's always room for improvement.

Lucid Software2020-02-29
  4. "Stability and Promise"

Current Employee - Account Executive

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lucid has been a great stepping stone to my career. I've been here over a year and have not only received continual training and support but have been trusted to step out of my comfort zone to grow and to move up within the sales org.

Cons

Every organization has growing pains, what makes or breaks a company during those changes is the leadership and the leadership here is on point. If you can be a swivel and adjust to the change of the organization and what we're looking to do, anyone can thrive here.

Lucid Software2020-02-28
  5. "Best place to work out of school"

Current Employee - Sales in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Engaged management - Amazing company culture - Autonomy - Knowledge and Experience

Cons

- Onboarding after promoting - Busy work with online courses

Lucid Software2020-02-28
  6. "Great place to work, incredible culture."

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I sincerely appreciate the transparency from leadership here at Lucid. In other roles I felt somewhat left in the dark when it came to trajectory of the company and what our goals were - but that is not the case here. I feel like my work is genuinely appreciated and due to the size of the organization I still feel like I can make a huge impact! Team-mates are incredibly bright but also humble - which drives me to do my best work each day.

Cons

In general innovation and individual empowerment is key and is given and requested across the board - at times however, due to the growth, there can be some red tape in certain areas.

Lucid Software2020-02-28
  7. "The People Are The Best"

Current Employee - Marketing Specialist in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture is something a lot of Lucid employees talk about, but really the culture is sustained and built on by the members of the company. I've loved the Executive leadership, and peers of Lucid. They build us up and enable us to do our best work.

Cons

There are growing pains but it's nothing we can't figure out and work through

Lucid Software2020-02-28
  8. "*10 out of 10* Recommend"

Current Employee - Business Development Representative

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lucid is a fantastic place to work. I've spent the last 1.5+ years working on the Lucidpress Sales team but can confidently say that the company as a whole invests in its people and works diligently to develop its employees. +Consistently exceed quota both at a personal and team level; given every resource and tool to do so +Receive ongoing trainings and attention from leadership to continue personal and career development +Have been awarded several promotions and have frequent career development conversations and know what my career trajectory looks like with Lucid

Cons

Sure, there are always things to get nit picky about especially in a rapidly growing company, but overall the pros far outweigh the cons. Any shortcoming or major complaints I could justify would be from lack of self introspection and individual empowerment. -Base pay may be slightly below industry averages in typical SaaS sales organizations, however the proven track record of success in hitting OTEs/quotas at Lucid far outweigh any additional base pay that may be received with other companies when only a small fraction of reps are hitting quota. With Lucid, I've always felt that my OTE is my "base pay" because it's consistently achievable and the opportunity to make more than my OTE is on the table each month by getting into accelerators.

Lucid Software2020-02-27
  9. "YOU WANT TO WORK HERE"

Current Employee - Sales Account Manager in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

I love the people I work with. I love the culture and I love coming into work every single day. you don't get that at a lot of places. I truly feel like Lucid is my family and the office is a second home

Cons

honestly every job has its sucky part. being in sales ain't a walk in the park

Lucid Software2020-02-25
  10. "I love working here"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-I in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time for more than a year

Pros

Highly competent, yet approachable coworkers. Relaxed atmosphere in which everyone trusts everyone else to balance working hard and taking breaks to enjoy the numerous activities that go on in the office. Interesting problems to work on and a reasonably high degree of freedom to take on the issues that you're interested in.

Cons

The walls aren't made of chocolate and I wasn't given a free iPad when I signed up? I have nothing tangible to complain about.

Lucid Software2020-02-14