Lucid Software Reviews

57 Comments

Tech

208.6K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Lucid Software~636868
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Lucid Software and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great Sales Culture and Growth Strategy

May 16, 2022 - Commercial Account Executive in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-The leadership team is world class -They invest in their people and reward those who work hard -They are actively involved in helping close deals -Salary and benefits are solid, especially the accelerators

Cons

-They have a limited PTO system based on an accruing schedule whereas most similar companies now offer unlimited PTO -Some of the change management is clunky/slow, systems often get in the way of closing deals but they try to help when possible -Quotas are high relative to previous years, you have to be more creative to hit your number

1 person found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great culture, smart people

May 14, 2022 - Software Engineer I in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Teamwork over ego is a lived value. Everyone is really eager to help each other and I’ve never felt unsupported on a task. -Lots of opportunity to learn on the job. I can tell they want to keep and grow talent at Lucid. Freedom to switch teams. Lots of really smart people to learn from. -Management is pretty transparent. They hold regular AMAs and although they don’t always answer every question as fully as I’d like, it’s clear that they’re listening to people’s concerns. -Really positive culture. People are excited about the work they do. -Things generally just work pretty well. A lot of good systems in place.

Cons

-Pay is average to low.

3. 5.0
    Current Employee

Very satisfied

May 7, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Team work over ego rings true with what this organization says is one of its core values. Cultural is awesome and everyone is friendly, people really care and people foster great ideas! Benefits are awesome including maternal leave, 401K and a sabbatical.

Cons

Would like to see ability to cross train more between departments. The ability to do a day of volunteer time off once a quarter and/or a four day work week, while still operating Monday- Friday would be a great benefit and increase productivity but again this team is leading in its industry for benefits.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee

Still a great place!

Feb 15, 2022 - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Still full of very friendly people that try to treat you like a human. Because of that, it’s still a great place to work! It’s still possible to move around in engineering if you express desire to do so or if you’re unsatisfied with your current role. The financial future of the company appears solid. (The cultural, not so much.) Lucid social environment truly respects and includes all. Harassment is unheard of.

Cons

Lucid is now run by the marketing department. Do not question or critique them otherwise you will be reprimanded and censored by your own leadership, sometimes publicly. Lucid’s core values have changed from a driving factor of how everything runs into a “nice to have” that feels largely ignored these days. Lucid is big enough that bad managers exist and are not addressed. If you get one, try to move, there are still good managers. Surveys are constantly sent out to see how people feel but are typically addressed poorly and outside of these leadership refutes complaints, unless they’re from marketing. Process heavy focus stunts productivity of engineers that are just trying to write some dang code! Inclusion and diversity is very healthy at Lucid and is to be commended! However, internal D&I initiatives have so far been more harmful than helpful.

4 people found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great culture, caring people, and growth galore

Apr 26, 2022 - Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lucid holds a high standard for hiring, and it cascades into the culture and creation of innovative products. The team is creative and has high horsepower (needed in a hyper-growth environment). Surrounding myself with so many intelligent people has jumpstarted my learning curve (again), and I love it. In a market with options (a lot of hiring out there), I appreciate that Lucid also spends time on things beyond just making money. I am a member of the Diversity Council to help everyone feel welcome, participate in mentoring (to help others), and have formally attended various training programs to help me advance/learn.

Cons

Nothing to highlight specifically. Let's keep this rolling.

6. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A tech company where people stick around

Jan 15, 2022 - Product Manager in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

-Most people are here because they actually want to be here. -Lucid has the energy of a start-up but the discipline of a mature company. -The company is in a high-growth market (for obvious reasons, virtual collaboration tools have taken off over the past couple years) -Teams work on truly thought-provoking problems (e.g. what is the best way to help a team accomplish a project in a visual way?) -Lucid cares about its people. People encourage you to have a life outside work. -People don't take themselves too seriously here. Our CPO wore a bowser costume for Halloween last year. -Collaboration is a lived value. You won't get far if you try to lone wolf everything. -Leadership is invested in your growth. They are constantly asking about career goals, motivations and keeping an eye out for opportunities.

Cons

-As with any company, politics does rear its ugly head every now and then. Although, having previously worked at a Fortune 50 corporation, it's child's play here. -Depending on the job, compensation can be at or slightly below industry average. Not too big of a gripe though since cost of living in SLC is fair and definitely below that of the Valley. -Company plans on requiring all employees (except Sales) to be in-office which, while not a problem for me, has been a source of friction for others, especially new hires -Lucid has a habit of hiring most people locally instead of outside UT so diversity is an area of growth. Although, this is changing.

2 people found this review helpful
  7. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Trying to like it but I have concerns…

Feb 11, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Our product is cool and customers love it. Benefits are pretty good and pay seems to be pretty good. CEO seems like a really good guy and it feels like they’re trying to innovate along with their competition.

Cons

From my perspective you’ve got to have some political capital to be successful here. The whole teamwork over ego makes me a little nauseous. The values seem to be, like most IPO aspiring companies, just lip service. Probably because I’ve seen more ego than teamwork. I think they’re trying to grow up as a company but they’re having a hard time letting go of the home grown startup mentality. Marketing and branding is nowhere near what a enterprise software company should be and surprisingly we don’t flash our customer stories like we should which makes me a little uneasy. Miro got a $17B valuation in their last funding round which was a little validating yet a little discouraging. We have a long way to go and I think analyst are going to want a VERY clear picture of what problems we solve and the business impact of our solution.

6 people found this review helpful
  8. 5.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Great place to work

May 4, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic, low ego people that cared about your personal and professional development. Challenging, exciting problems to solve. Fast-paced.

Cons

I wasn't sure what an upward path would look like since we had a small team and those above me would always be higher. Double triggered equity means I didn't cash out because I left before liquidity event.

1 person found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great place to work

May 2, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lucid has great benefits. They have enhanced their family leave policy over the years. They try to stay on top of all of the healthcare options possible. They are great about taking feedback from the surveys employees do and implementing changes. Leadership is very genuine, caring, and transparent.

Cons

None that I can think of at the moment.

10. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Amazing Company!

Jan 21, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- The company truly cares about its employees. You can see that in their leadership, values, and benefits. - Beautiful office with snacks stocked. - Fast-growing! They're hiring like crazy right now because of the success they're having with the product.

Cons

- Not a remote-optional company. I think it's a culture thing, but they pushed back their return to office date like 3 times because of COVID trends. Though there is supposed to be a hybrid schedule when employees return, it'd be nice for some to have the option to work fully remote if their job allowed them to. - Fast-growing! As they get bigger, the "family" environment and top leadership/employee relationship is harder to establish. - Work/Life balance culture is dependent on what organization you're in. Some are really great about taking the vacation and encouraging their team to do the same. Some, not so much (or they say you should but then don't set the example by taking it themselves)

Viewing 1 - 10 of 277 Reviews

Lucid Software Reviews FAQs

Lucid Software has an overall rating of 4.6 out of 5, based on over 326 reviews left anonymously by employees. 94% of employees would recommend working at Lucid Software to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Lucid Software employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.1 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Lucid Software. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

94% of Lucid Software employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Lucid Software 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.8 for culture and values and 4.5 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Lucid Software to be senior leadership, benefits, career development and the cons to be compensation .

Popular Careers with Lucid Software Job Seekers