Lucid Software Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated March 15, 2019

4.4
Karl Sun

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Small perks like two catered lunches per week and a stocked kitchen" (in 13 reviews)

• "A lot of emphasis on work/life balance" (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "Normal growing pains with a start-up" (in 8 reviews)

• "Trying to figure out if they are a legit company or start-up" (in 2 reviews)

"Loving Life at Lucid Software"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It's such an exciting time to be a part of Lucid with all the growth we are going through and the innovations that are coming down the pipelines for our products. Lucid is truly an employee focused company that makes it easy to pursue your goals, both personally and professionally. It's also nice to have a company that is so transparent with their ups (and downs), goals, and anticipated future. It makes you feel safe that you won't be blindsided by a big change in the culture or leadership, which seems to be a theme in Silicon Slopes right now. Overall, it's a company that is easy and exciting to be a part of for a very long time.

Cons

The growing pains of the company are affecting everyone, especially with the move of our product/tech teams. However, I feel like the leadership has really stepped up to handle all the changes happening while keeping the values and culture aligned with Lucid.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

"Lucid is PHENOMENAL!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everything about Lucid is amazing. People work hard and work together to create a phenomenal product, and everyone is passionate about what they do. Employees are entrusted with a lot of responsibility right when they are hired, creating a culture of autonomy and ownership. I definitely made the right choice in becoming a Lucidite.

Cons

I truly can't think of any. This place is amazing!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

Mar 21, 2019 – VP of People Operations

Thank you for the nice review! We're really excited about our product and the future of the company and couldn't do it without our amazing employees. You're right, we are moving at an incredible rate... More

"Fantastic Place to Work"

Current Employee - Art Director in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Art Director in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rock solid executive team. They are very smart, driven, and kind. They genuinely care about their employees. Employees are treated with respect and trust. Co-workers are also smart and hard working. Work/Life balance is great. Yearly retreats and hackathons. Catered lunches twice a week. Great product that our users love. Fast growth and energy.

Cons

There are no slides and the snacks are generally healthy.

Advice to Management

As the company grows, be sure to continue hiring smart, passionate people. Keep standards high.

Jan 24, 2019 – VP of People Operations

Appreciate your review! Glad to have you on the team and that you enjoy Lucid as much as we do. We truly do care about our employees and strive to promote a respectful environment, so thank you for... More

"More talk than walk"

Current Employee - CSM in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - CSM in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The work environment is open and positive. The employee base is exceptional, and it's rare to find a coworker to dislike. The product offering is an easy sell. Customers are generally very happy with the work done.

Cons

Compensation is insulting. Lucid hires the absolute best talent in the valley but pays them like they are average. This is a stepping stone, not a career. They will give you future promises and tell you what you want to hear, but they won't make any real changes.

Office bureaucracy is overwhelming. When I first started, there was autonomy on an employee-level. The company has become a top-down, slow-moving machine. If you're looking for a fast-paced environment, look elsewhere.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees what they are worth rather than what you can get away with. Stop throwing free food at your employees and start finding ways to compensate competitively. It's demotivating to work for a company that won't put their money where their mouth is.

Feb 20, 2019 – VP of People Operations

We don't want any of our employees to feel this way. We strive to pay competitively. I would love to talk to you about your concerns. Please feel free to reach out to me directly. - Kat

"Great place to work!"

Current Employee - Associate Data Scientist in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Data Scientist in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You get a lot of ownership with interesting problems. They trust you from day one, and you get plenty of food/snacks. It’s awesome to get the commuter pass covered for free commuting too.

Cons

It’s small, so there’s lots of changes — good and bad.

Advice to Management

It would be awesome to get the week between Christmas and New Years off as a company.

Jan 9, 2019 – VP of People Operations

Thanks for your feedback. Ownership and autonomy are things we really value and we believe that every employee truly has the ability to meaningfully help our company. If that trust isn't there, the... More

"Great place to learn & work!"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in South Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager in South Jordan, UT

I worked at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A lot of great and smart people to work with!
    -Worked with you to make sure you have structure in your day-to-day processes
    -A lot of learning opportunities with sitting in on others' deals and collaborating with one another
    -Able to work closely with

Cons

-Managers are pulled into a lot of meetings which pulls them from working with reps

-Not able to work remotely

Advice to Management

-Continue to invest in employees
    -Give them more of a chance to advance their career at Lucid
    -Try to increase reps pay to be more than the competitive rate
    -Begin looking at the option of having reps work remotely

Jan 9, 2019 – VP of People Operations

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We're proud of the collaboration and camaraderie that is a part of our company culture and strongly focus on providing opportunities for teammates to... More

"Previous employee review"

I worked at Lucid Software full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits included. Paid health insurance including dental and vision. Cool perks like a company-wide retreat in June every year. Small perks like two catered lunches per week and a stocked kitchen. Great office space.

Cons

Internal politics has started to run rancid through the organization as it has grown. Some of the managers are not qualified and are not true leaders but some are as well. The politics started to wear on the culture of the company that was once great. Generally speaking, it seems like they don't pay competitive salaries for the industry.

Advice to Management

Start hiring more diverse people as that seemed to take a back seat priority. Without this, your culture will continue to decline.

Dec 13, 2018 – VP of People Operations

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We appreciate your perspective. -Kat

"Great place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer
    Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Lucid Software full-time

Pros

Lots of free food, free public transportation. Co-workers and Senior management are probably the most talented group you're going to find in Utah.

Cons

The base pay was a little low. Also the average age of employees seemed low so there's not a whole ton of experience surrounding you if you're looking for a place with lots of mentorship.

Advice to Management

Keep it up

Nov 18, 2018 – VP of People Operations

Appreciate your feedback! We couldn't agree more about management and especially the talented people in our engineering department. -Kat

"Definitely my favorite company in Utah"

Current Employee - Recruiter in South Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Recruiter in South Jordan, UT

I have been working at Lucid Software full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great office space with plenty of amenities. They provide you with ongoing learning opportunities and have a good L&D program. Fantastic colleagues that are always willing to help.

Cons

The usual pains that come with companies in high growth phases. But the leaders tend to be open to feedback along the way and there's an understanding that we are doing our best to figure it all out as we grow.

Advice to Management

n/a

Oct 29, 2018 – VP of People Operations

We appreciate your feedback. We strive to provide an environment where employees can thrive and also learn. We are continually adapting as the needs of employees change, and I appreciate your... More

"Fantastic People, lots of hype for diagrams"

Pros

Incredibly smart co-workers, amazing leadership team, great mentoring and growth opportunities

Cons

There is a pivot to describing the tool as visual communication, but it is still a flowchart maker.

Oct 29, 2018 – VP of People Operations

Thanks for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your time and Lucid and we wish you luck in your next opportunities! -Kat