Lumen Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2021

To filter interviews, or .

Interviews at Lumen

HardAverageEasy
Found 735 candidate interviews
Featured Interview
Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN
Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at Lumen (Minneapolis, MN) in Jul 2016

Interview

It was a former colleague that recruited me.. Just had lunch very informal. Then filled out application online and had Human Resources Representative reach out to me. Went through the standard process- background check, drug test etc. Then negotiated start date.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about technical terms you knew.
    1 Answer
Anonymous Employee in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (United States) in Dec 2020

Interview

During COVID, their interview process was online. I had to complete a virtual video interview that included 7 timed and recored questions and 2 games. Then I was contacted by a recruiter to complete more questions and schedule a call with them.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest challenge you have faced in communicating technical details? How did you overcome it?
  • Tell me about an experience in which you analyzed information & evaluated results to choose the best solution to a problem.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangladesh
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (Bangladesh)

Interview

I took the behavioral assessment. It was all recorded. Harder to speak because there was no one to speak to. Questions were oddly specific, was not prepared for that. Could take breaks between questions.

Interview Questions
  • What is one time that you exceeded client's expectations? with your work?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (United States) in Dec 2020

Interview

Initial assessment was digital interview recording your response and two games assessments. Next was a recruiter phone call talking a bit about the company and how you fit into the role. Lastly is a virtual live interview with the hiring manager that you would be working for. It was mainly about the job, how you fit in, what your background and skillset is, and going over resume.

Interview Questions
Lumen
Anonymous Employee in New Delhi
Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Lumen (New Delhi) in Dec 2020

Interview

Process is pretty cool and no waste of time straight forward.

Interview Questions
Lumen
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (United States) in Dec 2020

Interview

I was directed to complete a series of video recorded answers to basic interview questions. The questions were very generic and although the tool was very well designed, the process was very awkward and impersonal.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time that you worked on a project with a team. What was something you struggled with in this environment?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Lumen (United States)

Interview

I submitted my application and got an email within a few days to complete a hirevue interview with 7 questions and 2 games at the end. I'm waiting to hear back about that and will edit if they respond or contact again

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you had to prepare for a big presentation for about a month. How did you prepare, what were your actions, and what were the results (something like that)
  • Describe a time where you've gone above and beyond a customers or stakeholder's(?) requirements. What were your actions (something like this)
  • Describe a time when you had to act quickly based on misleading information from multiple sources to make a decision. What did you do? (something like this)
  • Talk about a time when you worked with a team for a common goal
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lumen (United States) in Nov 2020

Interview

You must complete this exercise in order to be considered for our open position, and we strongly encourage you to complete the interview within 5 days of your application date. The interview includes a set of questions for you to record a response to in addition to Game Challenges. You will have time to practice before each question, and each game has its own instructions you’ll be able to read before playing them.

Interview Questions
Lumen
Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (Denver, CO) in Nov 2020

Interview

Three rounds of interviews with your final interview being with the top manager. Very long process but everyone is kind and seems like they want you to succeed. I have not yet received an offer but I should be getting one within the next week or two. This is for summer internship.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time when you were face with a hard decision and had to choose?
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen (Miami, FL) in Nov 2020

Interview

Received email after application. Sent assessment test and completed it. Set up interview with HR. After that received email saying job had been cancelled. This same process has happened several times with several jobs at Lumen in last few months.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me something about your experience that fits our position.
Anonymous Interview Candidate in United States
Application

I interviewed at Lumen (United States)

Interview

7 interview questions, 2 games 30 seconds to prepare for each question, 3 minutes to answer A lot of "talk about a time questions", so prepare some examples of scenarios you've been in where you've accomplished a lot

Interview Questions
  • Imagine you are offered a new job tomorrow and asked to perform skills or meet requirements outside of your comfort zone. How would you approach the situation? (taken from another post)
  • Describe a time where you had to prepare for a big presentation (or something along those lines)
  • Describe a time where you've gone above and beyond a stakeholder's(?) requirements.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 735