Lumen Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lumen Interview Questions

Interviews at Lumen

2.7

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lumen.

Interview

Very good interview. Not much difficult and very professional people.overally nice people as compared to other organisations.on time interview and no waste of time and no queues for scheduled interview

Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen.

Interview

Basically a phone interview with 2-4 managers from different departments asking questions regarding your ability to function with fellow workers, customers and job skills. Also questions about how you handle your self in certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Willing to travel and work overtime?   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Interview

The had me log in to a website where they asked me questions and recorded video of my responses. I got two tries. After the questions there were two tests, a memory test and a shape comparison test.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were overwhelmed.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had 30 days to prepare for a presentation. How did you prepare?   Answer Question

Talent Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2020.

Interview

Had a conversation with the recruiter and she was awesome and continued to be great. A week later met with the hiring manager. He apparently was new and seemed like he wasn’t too sure of himself. Went on to final interview with hiring manager, his peer in another region and someone on their team. It was a presentation. I had a question about it. Called and emailed the hiring manager 4 days before the presentation and didn’t hear back until the morning of the presentation. Still went well. Hiring manager said he was making a decision in 24 hours and I’ll hear something at that time. It’s been over a week with no communication. I had no expectation of getting the job but it was a really poor way to treat someone who made it to the final round of interviews. If there was a delay just shoot the candidates an email with new expectations. It’s not tough.

Operations Interview

Interview

It was good, it was a lengthy process to even get it set up, but the hiring manager was nice and he asked some basic troubleshooting and configuration questions. Overall a solid experience.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lumen.

Interview

The interview was simple and it was through video conferencing and it was executed by the Team lead of the target team. They asked me my projects from the ongoing job and asked my approaches to implement it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lumen (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

I had a phone interview asking basic personality questions. My coding interview was a take home coding challenge to create a simple rest api. Then I was asked to review my processes and ideas during a full team meet and greet.

Interview Questions

• Build a simple rest endpoint with {insert 2 requirements here}. Do it any way you like with any framework or language.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lumen.

Interview

Easy and simple quick to respond. Went over the responsibilities and compensation.
    No trouble and direct to the point. Nothing much else to say except I wish that they were not closing the building

Channel Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lumen (Houston, TX) in January 2020.

Interview

The recruiter reached out to me about an open role via email and we schedule a time for a phone interview. However, the recruiter did not show for our scheduled phone interview. I followed up regarding the no show and had zero response. Incredibly unprofessional and this gave a really bad feeling about the entire organization.. I will not entrain another interview from CenutryLink and have my time wasted again.

Interview Questions

• The only questions asked were regarding my availability for a phone interview.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Friendly interviewers. Simple questions asked. They really care about each one they interviewed. A good company. I would recommend it to everyone. I like the whole interview process. Especially, the view of Denver is just beautiful, everyone would enjoy their life here

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Lumen (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2019.

Interview

It was a telephonic interview. They asked why did you apply for this position. They asked about all the skillset that would be helpful to do this job. They asked some behavioral questions afterward.