Cover image for Lumen

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

Lumen Interview Questions

Updated Jan 30, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 926 of over 926 interviews

Employee Referral11%
2.7
HardAverageEasy

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Was supposed to have an interview with them over the phone. Waited an hour but no call. Sent an email to the recruiter only to be ghosted. Prepped all week for it just to get ghosted. Thanks, buddy.

1 person found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

i was asked to tell about my self and to tell about a complicated feature i was involved in the development life cycle. The interview was divided by 2 and was on phone and i never would have think i will be interviewed for 50 mins (i thought it will be 15 mins call) via Phone call. it's disrespectful for both sides

Interview Questions
  • Telll me about yourself Tell me about feature that you have tested
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Lumen

Join the conversation on

Tech

637.4K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/technology/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Lumen~248324
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Lumen? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Lumen employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Lumen

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Must complete online test and video interview, before speaking with a person. I was nervous but made it to an interview with a person only to be told the job description was not completely accurate and my experience did not match their needs

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Initially it was a conversation over the phone. The second round was an on site interview with multiple managers. Several behavior questions as part of the interview. Finally as discussion with HR.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had to manage multiple things at one time.

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

It was a hireview interview and it had basic questions like what is the challenging situation, how you dealt with difficult coworker, how you handled when a team member left in middle of work.

Interview Questions
  • What is the challenging situation you worked on? How you handled a difficult coworker? How did you handled a situation when a team member left in middle of work.

Lumen

Application

I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

Hirevue interview first with question/ answer recordings. then panel interview a week later with the hiring manager and 5 panelists. Fair and balanced interview process overall. It helps if you have a referral- but really prepare for the Hirevue.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a project that you were part of that failed? How did you respond? What was the situation?
2 people found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

There are a bunch of unrelated questions that don't even reflect what the job is all about. I don't really know why I decided to respond to their emails ..

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn, and the team lead approached me after 3 days in order to schedule a phone interview; afterwards, I got a data analysis task to complete using Google BigQuery.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

video recorded interview for the first round with no human interaction, questions are based on STAR framework and remind Amazon style. You have two tries on each recording, plus math minigames after that. Which doesn't make any sense.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Describe a difficult task and how you addressed it. 2. Describe a time when you successfully coordinated a group of people with diverse skills 3. Case where you needed to make a quick decision, but you were faced with conflicting information from multiple sources. 4. Case where you built a positive relationship with someone to achieve a better result or to solve a problem. 5. Case when asked to perform skills or meet expectations that were outside of your comfort zone. 6. Case with a challenge at work. 7. Please describe a time when you were faced with conflicting interests between what was right for a customer or coworker versus what was right for your company as a whole.
4 people found this interview helpful

Lumen

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumen

Interview

It was a virtual interview where it recorded you for a minute after you read a question. No human interaction at all. It was quite unnerving. You weren’t even able to redo the answer if you were nervous.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 926 Interviews

Lumen Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at Lumen as 60.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.68 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound and Intern rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Customer Service Representative and Software Engineer roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at Lumen takes an average of 24 days when considering 765 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Software Engineer had the quickest hiring process (on average 7 days), whereas Account Manager roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 42 days).

Common stages of the interview process at Lumen according to 765 Glassdoor interviews include:

Phone Interview: 18.91%