Lumileds Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Lumileds Interview Questions

Interviews at Lumileds

2.7

IT Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lumileds in July 2016.

Interview

Interviewed by two employees: the senior network engineer and the project manager. I was brought to one of the conference rooms. The senior network engineer was a little difficult to understand due to accent.

Interview Questions

• Describe how a packet moves from Network A to Network B across one router and two switches.
      VLANs, STP, stackwise, and GBIC.   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted the same day by the recruiter, I was very excited about the position and the company. Had a very engaging conversation with the recruiter, whom stated I was exactly what they were looking for to fill the postion. The recruiter set up a phone interview, 1 hour with a senior manager on the team for the next week. The call with the senior manager went very well, engaging, they asked very specific questions, and we mutually share ideas. The senior manager ended the call with how excited she was about me and my background and that she would set up a meeting with the senior management s they were coming in form corporate outside the country and she really wanted me to meet in person. A week later, I got the invite but for another phone call, 45 minutes with the senior director. I was surprised not to have a onsite interview. I did a great deal of research on the company, its technology. The call started a few minutes late, it was quickly apparent I was not a fit as the senior director kept interrupting me and then abruptly ended the call 25 minutes early. He did say they were talking with other candidates, but he or a the recruiter would get back to me in a few days. I did follow up with thank you email, then a weekly email to the senior director and recruiter for the next 4 weeks no response. Finally a month after the interview I received an email from the senior director they interviewed other candidates onsite while I was waiting and they were making an offer to one of them. Said he meant to tell me but got busy. The recruiter followed up week 5 after the interview with basically the same response.
    I spent 3 hours on the phone with Lumiled management yet none had the common decency to let me know I was not selected, very unprofessional
    Note to leaders especially RECRUITING AND HR - US CANDIDATES RESEARCH COMPANIES ON GLASSDOOR AND PAY ATTENTION TO INTERVIEW REVIEWS.

Interview Questions

• What experienced have you had leading and growing teams   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lumileds.

Interview

Third party recruiter call, followed by onsite interview. Onsite interview was with manager, director of the department, in addition product manager. The process went fast as they are looking for immediate replacement for an existing position. No personality test. Interview questions were straight forward, nothing tricky. Offer came maybe 2 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Was asked specific pricing scenario with competitor   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA).

Interview

telephone interview, then in-person interview (4 - 6 hours), starting with me presenting a 45 minute "technical presentation". Directions on the presentation were vague and inadequate. Feedback was the presentation should be about your job history - what you did, how you did it, and what was the result.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the CIE xy chromaticity diagram?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Met with members of HR. They were very nice and asked me more about myself and my life rather than whats on my resume. Of course we did end up going over my resume but its nice to start an interview with an open conversation.

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumileds.

Interview

I've never had such a weird interview, ever. The hiring manager I spoke to on the phone was extremely disinterested in me as a candidate, starting off the call by saying, "This shouldn't take more than 10 minutes," indicating that talking to me was a waste of his time. He barely asked me any questions, and when I asked about growth opportunities, he said there were none - "This is probably not the place to work if you're looking for growth opportunities." Way to sell a company to a potential candidate! No wonder the position's still open.

R&D Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

A Lumileds recruiter contacted me (not sure how he got my email address) and said he received recommendation about me from someone and asked if I am interested in a position. After talking with him for a while, he said that I may also suit for another position. Therefore interestingly I got technical phone interviews for two positions from two groups later and onsite interview for both of the two positions on one day afterwards. They kept checking with me which group I prefer to join and why. I did so so in the onsite interview which started with a half hour presentation.

Interview Questions

• What parameters impact the reflectance and bandwidth of a DBR   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA) in December 2017.

Interview

I've never had, seen or heard of such a botched interview process.
    On-site interview was extremely unorganized. Order wasn't kept. Most people on the list didn't interview me. They struggled to get last-minute sit-ins. They had me sit in a conf room for "an hour" between 2 of interviews.
    Company recruiter didn't know what was going on. And this is just day of interview!

Twice phone interviews were setup outside my availability window (without confirming with me), once cancelled 10 min prior to start by Co.
    ...and no follow-up after on-site, although promised by recruiter.

Totally botched!

The obvious question: Why did I continue the process and go to onsite interview?
    A: Recruiter was new to Lumileds. I gave them the benefit of the doubt.

No! It is cultural.

No INTEGRITY in their process, RESPECT for the interviewee, or DIGNITY to even apologize or follow-up.

The interview itself was very light-weight, extremely basic questions.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The hiring process is botched and unorganized - The usual “trying to be Apple/Google interview process - but with no meat on the bone.

My job description / title were mixed up even before the interview process began.

No communication or coordination. HR is slow and extremely incompetent-sending out mixed signals.

It’s really a roll of the dice - your experience can vary depending on which team you interface with.
    My hiring manager was nice but extremely indecisive - for the longest time after the interview did not know where to fit me.

The company culture is very apparent from the get go.
    For anyone who has been turned down, you’ve dodged a bullet.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lumileds (San Jose, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

They email you asking to set up a phone interview. After the phone interview, they select a few people to have an on-site interview or a Skype interview to get a better idea of what you're like. Then they select the candidate they want to hire.