Lumity Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

Sort:

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Lumity (San Mateo, CA) in January 2018.

Interview

I came in on a normal work day and was interviewed by the CEO, COO, a senior account manager, and the team leads I was applying for. The process took about three hours, with roughly 45 minutes per person.

Interview Questions

• How comfortable are you with excel and data analysis? Can you give me some examples of what you did at your previous positions?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Lumity (San Diego, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was needlessly lengthy. I had three interviews on one day and two more on the day after, both of them on-site. In one of the interviews, the interviewer was sitting in his car in the parking lot and network problems caused miscommunication which caused delays in the process and I ended up completing half the task assigned to me. Later, the HR told me to that they would not be moving forward with my application. The reason: I misspelled his name in an e-mail! Completely unprofessional behavior!

Interview Questions

• How would you explain closures?   1 Answer

Server Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lumity (San Mateo, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter is quick in reaching you out once you remind for over 2 weeks, overall a good experience. They don't provide any kind of reimbursement, and I don't know what is the issue with few Indian employees here, kept on asking silly obvious questions.

Interview Questions

• LeetCode Medium level, design questions, etc   2 Answers

Server Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lumity in February 2018.

Interview

I was invited for a phone screen within a couple of weeks after applying online. The initial phone screen went good and I received an invite from their director of engineering for an onsite interview. This is when things started going south. They were hoping that I would fly from Florida to San Mateo without reimbursing. After exchanging about 10 emails, they suggested that I would need to go through another phone screen. I did well on the second phone screen too and the interviewer told me that the next round would be an onsite interview. A couple of days later, I received an email stating that there would be another phone screen. The interviewer did not show up on the time mentioned, postponed it to another time on the same day and then finally showed up on the day after. After the third phone screen, I had to follow -up with them to be informed that I would not be a right fit.

Interview Questions

• A tree question and a graph question. A couple of SQL queries and some basic java questions.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Lumity.

Interview

They bring you to their office, twice, for a series of 5-7 hour interviews that go nowhere. Mostly, their CEO talks at you about politics, sexuality, the insurance market, and mostly, how smart he is. Infuriating.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, nothing unique. It was an exercise in running through the motions. I'm only going to mark it difficult because of how tedious it was!   Answer Question

Software QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumity (San Mateo, CA).

Interview

First round phone screening.
    Second round screen share. This was not done on any IDE one would use in the real-life environment but a chalkboard. The reason, "I wanted to see if the candidate can write on a whiteboard". Then I was asked about specific methods as I was solving the problem. So basically interviewer wanted me to know each and every method.

No one can know each and every method by heart. All the engineer needs to know the route they should take, to begin with. That's why IDEs are created, to help the ease automation process. It's like knowing we have the wheels but instead pushing the car to see how accurately one would make a turn. I was asked to discuss the issue when there was basically nothing to discuss if you choose to use logic. Not everything needs a meeting and micromanagement doesn't work.

Director of Operations Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Lumity.

Interview

Full day of interviewing at the Lumity office in San Mateo. It was a group meeting with co-founders and directors. There was a calendar structure until I met with the CEO. Talking with him, or him talking at me I should say, lasted for 5 hours.

Business Development Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lumity (San Francisco, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

If they don’t like you during your in person they will make an excuse to reschedule and not continue your interview.
    Not only is it humiliating, but it is disrespectful, unprofessional, and a disgrace to decent candidates whether or not they fit their company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Lumity.

Interview

I had to interview with totally 6 members. It took me around almost 5 hours. Pretty tough. They mostly asked deeply into your experiences and skills. They also test my excel skill in the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How are you organizing and planning if you have so many works without​ any help?   Answer Question

UI Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lumity in January 2019.

Interview

A UI Engineer reached out to me via vettery. Process took a total of two weeks, I had a phone call with the VP of Eng and the next step was a phone screen.

Interviewer looked at my resume moments prior to the tech screen and realized I am not qualified for the role so we did not get to the code. They were looking for an expert to lead them through some unsolved challenges rather than a contributor.