Luth Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Luth Research Interview Questions

2.8

Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Luth Research (San Diego, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

Starts off with a questionnaire/exercise. The exercise is pretty fun in where you have to compile a report based off some data collected for a pretend restaurant and then you put together a presentation and make suggestions based off of your analysis of the data. A phone call is the next step and then an in person interview. They then give you a personality assessment followed up with an offer letter.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in the Market Research Industry?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Luth Research in August 2016.

Interview

The Interview process includes tests and an assessment. The first call is with the CEO and I fount her to be rude and blunt. There was a misunderstanding in what she said and her response was very harsh and negative in nature- after all how well can you hear on a phone and I assure you I was very polite about the misunderstanding. There was a questionnaire then an assessment. I had afamily emergency ( stage 4 cancer diagnosis) and since I did not apply for an opening I asked for an extension on the assessment and the HR person told me it was a "red flag". Anyway I started taking the assessment and found an SPSS file entitled Final Data. As a researcher the first thing I do is check data to make sure the sample I received mates the population such as 50% male etc. and looks normal. When I told the HR about this and asked for an excel file he told me the file was irrelevant. It is so easy to get an Excel file from SPSS you just press export and HR would not do this. As a researcher this data is not irrelevant, and if its not why is it in there. I then withdrew my application because of HR's rude response and their lack of research protocol. He then told me that its only for people with SPSS. So to me that means the test is unfair based on access to expensive software. This was a ridiculous experience to say the least.Overall it sounds like they are looking for good people but can't find them. There are a lot of complaints and a high turn over rate. Not a good sign. Additionally my experience was very negative between the attitudes of the HR personnel and the CEO. Happy to withdraw my application.

Interview Questions

• 1. Where did you initially see our job posting?
      4. What days of the week are you available to work? Are you able to work overtime on occasion?
      5. How did you become interested in the Market Research industry?
      6. In detail, what do you have to offer Luth Research?
      7. Which specific duties are you able to perform in this position? Which are you unable to perform?
      8. What are the three most important attributes or skills that you would bring to Luth Research if we hired you?
      9. If offered a position, do you have any schedule conflicts or pending offers? Please specify an exact date of when you would be available to start.
      10. Based on your relevant experience to this specific position in the Market Research industry, what is your salary range? (Must answer numerically to be considered.)
      11. Why should we hire you?
      Answer Question

Online Department Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Luth Research.

Interview

They will call you out of the blue and say they want to ask you a couple questions but it turns into an hour interview. Then you will have a phone interview with the owner and she will ask you inappropriate questions. Then your final interview will be in person with the HR manager, owner, and manager of your department. All of this takes months.

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Luth Research (San Diego, CA) in September 2015.

Interview

Insanely long interview process for nothing.

Submitted my resume via e-mail after seeing the ad on Craigslist. Was given a form and an assessment test to take, so I took them.

About a week later, I received an e-mail saying that I didn't get the position, so I e-mailed HR asking what I could learn from to improve for future interviews, and was told I received the e-mail in error.

Had a phone interview, and was told the position was on hold.

Then another phone interview, turns out the supervisor of the position liked how I did on the assessment and convinced them to take the position off hold.

Then came in person and interviewed for 45 minutes, each, with the supervisor of the position, HR, and the owner of the company.

Had another phone interview.

Then got an e-mail to take a personality and English/Arithmetic assessment.

Sent e-mails to my three references, and told them to check their e-mail and send back their assessment.

Annnnnnd not given the job. I was told the basic "although you were a well-qualified candidate we have found others that more closely match our needs" etc. etc. etc. Asked for specifics and got a repeat of the above.

It seems unreal to go through such a long process only to be told no. Interview process for the job I just started was way shorter and resulted in a positive outcome.

Interview Questions

• Several ... including personal, technical, and decision making.   Answer Question

Development Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Luth Research.

Interview

The interview process was extremely long with many many steps, phone calls, tests, and in person meetings with many different people. I have dreaded interviewing after this experience. There was a call with the hiring manager, then a call with the owner, then a call with the supervisor then a test then an in person.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst attribute, but this is always an interview question it seems.   Answer Question

QA Support Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Luth Research (San Diego, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

nightmare, applied online, was called the next day by Anthony who set an appointment for me and also had paper work to email back. I arrived for my appointment and was told that none had been made. I then waited 45 minutes, I met with HR, a man to be my boss, and the owner. All 3 said I would be contacted and given a skills test, never happened, the man who would be my boss said it was an immediate hire, and they had never hired anyone for that position since he had been there. I followed up with Anthony two weeks later and he was like oh yeah and sent me a test on Thanksgiving Friday to be completed on Monday btw for a Jr QA tester and not the job applied for or the Excel test I was told I needed.I did so and again never heard back. Two weeks later I emailed Anthony again (no contact numbers for him or company) and he replied sorry they had a hiring conflict and put my position on hold and he would get back to me. So I waited for the holidays to be over and once again contacted Anthony, only because the three I met with made me feel I would be hired. Finally Anthony replied back that the position had been filled. Well that same day I went back online and the position was still being advertised, and nobody was hired since I was first told the position was to help reduce overtime during the holiday season.
    Additionally the day of the interview there was a problem with an employee and the action to be taken was discussed in the lobby in front of me by three staff members and the employee was also confronted in front of me as well.
    To enter the building you also had to walk through the employee smoking area which is right in front of the main entrance.

Interview Questions

• very generic and rushed since nobody seemed to be prepared. The man to be my boss had his written on a piece of paper, and the owner read hers from a computer monitor the sue of a TV screen because she had eye surgery that day.   Answer Question

Data Checker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Luth Research.

Interview

First the HR called me and asked some behavior questions. Then they sent me an evaluation of SPSS. Finish it in one night, they told me I did well and the manager called me later and asked some experience of program. Then, a week later, I was told no offer.

Interview Questions

• the salary is low and the HR keep asking do you mind relocating to San Diego with such salary. You know, live expense in San Diego is high.   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Luth Research (San Diego, CA) in December 2013.

Interview

I was phone screened and then asked to come in for an interview the next day. After the interview, I was hired on the spot and started the next day. I had a pretty smooth process.

Interview Questions

• I had to submit an email showcasing my writing/client facing abilities on top of the phone screen and in person interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I knew upfront what i was going to make and was ok with the amount. No negotiation necessary.

Market Research Call Center Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Luth Research (San Diego, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

The interview process starts with a call to the office. In order to be considered for this position, an over the phone interview was the next requirement. After the phone interview I was asked to come to their office downtown to complete an application, hand it to the front desk and wait in the lobby for the final part of the interview: a mock phone call reading from a script.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how many wpm I could type.   1 Answer
    • I was asked whether or not I had customer service experience.   1 Answer

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Luth Research (Colorado Springs, CO) in October 2012.

Interview

Application and come back for interview

Interview Questions

• Tons of questions and they try to trip you up on your answers   1 Answer

Because of the attitude during interview and didn't offer enough hours.