Lynx Capital Partners Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews for Top Jobs at Lynx Capital Partners

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners (New York, NY) in January 2011.

Interview

1) make sure you know your math. be ready for questions like 26^2. or what is 17 x 28? And be ready to answer in less than 1 minute
    2) brain teasers
    3) story plots
    4) why are you interested in trading?
    5) You have 1 minute to teach me something, GO!
    6) What attributes make up a trader do you have these, provide examples of why?
    7) favorite class? least favorite class and why?
    8) whos your role model/ mentor? why?
    9) you have to be able to think on your feet

Interview Questions

• Teach me something...You have 1 minute.   1 Answer

Application

Interview

Behavior Questions,
    Finance knowledge such as beta

Equity Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners (New York, NY) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed on the trading floor. The interviewer kept jumping topics and was candidly conversing with the traders. He asked various questions about my work history and college experience. He also asked a couple logic questions that were easy to answer. Told me to send an email in couple days, but still haven't heard back yet.

Interview Questions

• How many times will you write 'nine' if you wrote out the numbers 1 to 100?   6 Answers

Proprietary Tradign Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

The interview takes place on the trading floor of the first year traders...they ask you a couple mathematical questions such as how many 9's between 1 -100 ...A distance question with a two trains going at each other 50mph ...100 miles apart....with a bee in front of one train going back and forth at 60 mph...what is the distance he goes....behavioral questions such as why you want to be a trader and define success.

Interview Questions

• get a minature eifel tower for 10 euros...bring it back... and you mom says she wants one twice the size...how much would it cost and the relationship is described linearlly   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in April 2010.

Interview

Showed up, told them that I can trade and that I can put up $5000. Negotiated a commission rate. Done

Equity Trader Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lynx Capital Partners in June 2008.

Interview

I interviewed at Lynx Capital after having applied through my college’s career website. When I first went in to interview, many of the traders I met were friendly. Just make sure that when you go to interview, you have an opinion about the markets and can express your ideas eloquently.