Lytx Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Lytx

2.8

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

HR interview, Technical Phone interview, Onsite interview(4 rounds).
    Technical phone interview consisted of background and previous work experience.
    Onsite interviews were based on Whiteboard coding, behavioral questions, technical questions. The process was pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Given a list of non-negative integers [1,1,3,3,1,5,5,5,3,3] return the sum of integers which are odd occuring i.e. (1*3)+(5*3)   Answer Question
    • given two linked lists, add two linked lists.   Answer Question
    • find the height of a tree.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Referred from a colleague and the entire process took around 3 weeks.

1. HR Phone Screen (30 min)
    2. HackerRank Challenge (3 problems with 60 min)
    3. Technical Screening with Software Manager (30 min)
    4. Onsite Interview (3 hours, 5 rounds)

Onsite rounds consisted of HR, white-boarding, two conversations with managers, and lastly HR.

Because I had a pending offer throughout the time of my interview at Lytx, my recruiter really helped throughout the process to expedite the entire process.

Overall, all my conversations were really pleasant and they were more than happy to answer any questions I had about the company.

Interview Questions

• Be familiar with OOP concepts, testing, and practice on leetcode questions pertaining to trees.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

Applied for the Associate Software Engineer position online. Provided a referral from a friend. There were four stages to the interviewing process.

1. Phone screen with recruiter (20 min)
    2. HackerRank challenge (60 min timed, 3 questions)
    3. Phone screen with a Lytx VP (40 min)
    4. Onsite interview (3 hours)

Onsite consisted of an hour-long technical interview (whiteboard coding) with two devs, then 30 minute interviews with two senior folks and HR.

Throughout the process my recruiter was extremely responsive. Really appreciated her candor.

The HackerRank challenge was 2 very easy problems (something like a CodeWars 7 kyu level) and 1 medium problem that was about a LeetCode medium level. The onsite interview technical questions were probably about LeetCode easy levels.

Was pleasantly surprised when I received a better title than the position I applied for. Overall I felt that the interview process was fair and I enjoyed getting a chance to speak with various members of Lytx's dev team.

Interview Questions

• Would recommend practicing array sorting, tree, and linked list questions for the onsite.   Answer Question

Client Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Lytx (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted an online application. Received a call from the recruiter a few days later. The position was put on hold but the recruiter set up another call with me for a month later as a follow-up. I never received the call and when I called to see what happened, she got seemed irritated. I've sent follow-up emails since (including the email where she stated the day/time for our follow-up call) but she has never responded.

I find this rude and unprofessional. If this is how potential employees are treated, I can only imagine what it would be like to work there.

Client Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

After submitting my resume, I was approached by phone with an initial screening. I took the time to ask all of the initial questions I had and found their HR department to be knowledgeable, friendly, and very professional throughout the process. I was asked to come in a week or so later and interviewed with different managers/employees for 3 and a half hours. A few days after the interview, I accepted their offer!

Interview Questions

• Most questions were in respect to my past work experience and how those skills were transferrable to a new industry for me.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

They conducted 2 phone interviews, one with the recruiter and the second one with my supervisor. Shortly after i was called in for an interview in the office with 5 managers. They took turns to interview me and the interview lasted about 2 hours

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult issue you had to solve in your previous position.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA).

Interview

I really felt like the recruiter "took me under his wing." Communication from the company to me as a candidate was timely and helpful. The process was very professionally managed and left me with a very positive feeling about the company. I did take a job with Lytx, but I know I'd have these positive feelings about how the talent team managed the process even if I hadn't ultimately been selected.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with our culture and HHC?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process consisted of an initial phone screen with the recruiter, then a phone based interview with the hiring manager, and then a final round with three people across the marketing team.

UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Lytx (San Diego, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Very organized, four timed sessions. But no warmth from hiring manager. He came to interview with a problem they cannot solve, and wanted the candidate to provide solution. Nothing positive said in meeting, very negative approach.

Interview Questions

• To solve an ongoing problem.   1 Answer

Lytx Response

Feb 25, 2016 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your review of your interview experience. While we work hard to create a positive interview experience for all of our candidates, it sounds like we may have missed the mark for... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Interview

I applied via LinkedIn and heard back from a recruiter the next day. We set up a phone interview for me to connect with a Sales Lead a few days later. He missed the call. No problem, we rescheduled for later that afternoon. He initially stated that the call would be 30 minutes. After 8 minutes, the call was over. He asked me only two questions, both very basic--"what interests you in sales," "how do you go after leads," etc. He presented himself poorly on the phone (was not well spoken--sounded VERY youthful). I wasn't optimistic about the company after this call. 9 days later, no follow-up. I sent an e-mail to the interviewer thanking him for his time, and received a form letter almost immediately, stating they hired someone else for the position.

Interview Questions

Lytx Response

May 24, 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

We always strive to create a positive candidate experience and appreciate you sharing your experience so can continue to improve.