Lytx Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2020

3.8
Lytx CEO Brandon Nixon
Brandon Nixon
Pros
  • "The flexible time off and work hours policy is a great benefit and helps promote work/life balance(in 15 reviews)

• "It is truly a great culture that cares for one another(in 9 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not necessarily a con, but Lytx is growing and expanding, which means growing pains(in 12 reviews)

• "Company has tremendous amount of technical debt and has very poor technical leadership team(in 6 reviews)

1. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Marketing Director in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lytx full-time for less than a year

Pros

The company culture at Ltyx is the best I've experienced. Their mottos - One Team - One Rope, as well as Hungry Humble Capable, are a true testament of the business. What I love the most is the lack of ego from top-down. Each person is willing to do the right thing, help their fellow co-worker, and push to do and be the best for our customers.

Cons

Not necessarily a con, but Lytx is growing and expanding, which means growing pains. So if you are looking for the opportunity to roll your sleeves up and build best in class processes this is the place to do it.

2. COVID-19

"Lytx is a great place to work!"

Current Employee - Tradeshow Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lytx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Lytx is a company that really appreciates not only their clients but their employees. They go above and beyond to create a great working environment even while being forced to work remote during this pandemic. A box of WFH swag was mailed to our doorstep, paid "WFH burnout" days off and lot's of fun tips and tricks for staying connected are all a regular occurrence. Beyond the employee perks - being at such a client focused company is emotionally rewarding. I love seeing all that we do for our clients and drivers to keep them engaged and loving using the Lytx product.

Cons

None that really come to mind at the time! I guess recent re-org can be confusing and need for adjustment but not necessarily a con.

3. "Great Company"

Former Employee - Inside Sales Representative

I worked at Lytx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Industry leading organization providing the tools for upward growth.

Cons

Frequent changes to comp plan and team direction.

"Talk about how DNA is so important but at the end of the day, it is just talk...."

Former Employee - International Sales Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Lytx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome , talented people I worked with.

Cons

ELT were stuck on themselves.

Continue reading

"Good for your first job out of college, but that's it."

2.0

I have been working at Lytx full-time

Pros

--Nice coworkers --Decent work/life balance --Paycheck --Good location and plenty of parking

Cons

Departments are siloed and seem to be adversarial towards each other even though the whole company should be working as a team. Be careful because some will try to throw you under bus as its a very CYA company. Little to no training, employee onboarding process is non existent. Processes are constantly changing and actually clog the machine even more. Customers are stuck with Lytx because competitors are weak which has caused a lackadaisical attitude about the value of their customers. Processes are constantly changing and not to make it more efficient. Has a start up feel but company has been around since the late 90's. Odd. Don't make a stink about anything or suggest improvements, you'll be see as a whiner and troublemaker. Keep your head down, do your job and you'll be fine. Probably good for college grads because pay is not very competitive

Continue reading
  6. "Fantastic work experience"

Former Employee - Software Engineer

I worked at Lytx full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Good work life balance! No pressure. 2. Super good team environment. Manager is nice and take care of everyone. All the team members are willing to help each other. 3. Gym and ping pong table! 4. Good employee benefit.

Cons

No free food...There is a snack corner but we need to pay for it.

"Great people, successful company, ok career development"

Former Employee - Senior Financial Analyst

I worked at Lytx full-time for more than a year

Pros

Company is successfully growing and has a positive outlook. The talent acquisition team is amazing at developing great teams (shoutout to Jessica and Lee) and hiring great talent. Although the company is still growing and has a start up company feel, it definitely doesn’t have the long hours that you’d expect. If you’re looking for a good life/work balance this is the place. For being a small company with lots of big players in the area, they still over very competitive salaries.

Cons

I found Lytx a bit too slow and boring for me. Probably great for someone who enjoys minimal to no change but I felt it was slowing down my career development. The company is pretty one dimensional so you don’t get the opportunity to get exposed to new/different skills. Corporate organizations are also pretty flat so not a lot of room for upward growth. Probably not the best place when starting your career compared to other companies of similar size and growth rates.

8. "Company who cares"

Current Employee - Software Engineer-II in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lytx full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers, compensation, culture, learning environment

Cons

Vague requirements for work ----------------------

April 7, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

We’re happy to hear you enjoy working at Lytx and the culture and learning environment. If you feel things are unclear regarding your role, please reach out to your manager, or speak with anyone on the People and Corporate Operations Team. We’re here to help.

"Good People, Bad Management / HR / Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Other

I worked at Lytx full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will find few happy employees when you talk with you peers on the job. There are some perks such as good location, mostly nice people, Ok work/life balance, unlimited PTO (if they let you take it). They are just perks.

Cons

- Widespread Nepotism (I was surprised to see how many of higher management's children were at the company, and how they kept promoting them despite lack of any merits) - No career opportunity - Few learning opportunity - Dishonest and incompetent management at pretty much all levels - Most people you find in leadership roles are there because they have been in company forever. they are threatened by competent capable employees - There is and overemphasize on how nice their culture is during interviews; It is just to cover things up;be prepared for shockingly bad culture when you join - Independent HR is non-existent; they are there to send email survey and lay people off only - All decision are driven by short term money saving... "lay off" people just to hire same roles a few months later

April 7, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

Thanks for taking the time to share your opinion. Lytx strives to be an awesome place to work and is always looking for ways to improve. If you’d like to share specific feedback, please email me at jserrano@lytx.com

"Great company but parts are immature"

Current Employee - Marketing Manager in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Lytx full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, work from home one day a week, nice campus, hiring DNA is great, people are super nice and the org is tolerant of "fail fast and learn". Industry leader with a solid purpose. New employees in key positions are bringing better fresher thinking to the organization, uncovering some inefficiencies.

Cons

The commute to UTC area is terrible, some people leaders in the org this is their first and only job so they don't have perspective or experience to be innovative. Roadmap is comprised of non-innovative features that don't move the needle. PM makes decisions based on current customers (do you like it?), is of touch with the needs of emerging markets and modern UX. Marketing is broken. Over the past three years it has gone from a high-functioning, synergistic department under the previous leader to a siloed, immature org. Marketing leader is smart and nice, but very young. He lacks experience so doesn’t have the insights to see gaps in the plans or organization. Everything is always "great great great" No strategy just a project and tactic list. He’s a people pleaser who more concerned with feelings than running a business, and won't make a decision, rather has his team “shop the idea around” and see who likes it which is a total waste of time. Morale in this department is in the tank and he probably doesn’t even know it. Overly concerned with "optics" rather than being able to defend his team.

March 13, 2020Director, Talent Acquisition

We appreciate your feedback. You mentioned some fantastic pros to working at Lytx. We absolutely encourage open communication. Please come by HR. We have an open door policy, always, and are happy to hear your constructive ideas.

Found 147 reviews