MAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MAA

2.8

Assistant Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAA (Huntsville, AL) in March 2014.

Interview

Interview with property manager the Service manager. They will go over what it is expected of you in the position. They will give you some typical problems and ask for a solution such as an AC unit icing over or a fan not operation on a condensing unit.

Interview Questions

• General knowledge about the work   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was pretty straight forward

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MAA (Memphis, TN) in September 2016.

Interview

Process consisted of a phone interview of three ladies all asking me questions at the same time. It presented a very awkward situation. I answer the questions as best I could but as I was trying to answer another interviewer would ask me a question.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MAA (Memphis, TN).

Interview

Panel Interview and One-on-One Interview with Manager and Team Members. Questions are all fairly straight forward. It is a very relaxed and comfortable interview. They really seemed interested in getting to know me. You will not get many behavioral questions. Most questions will draw from your previous experience and preferences. They want to ensure you have the necessary skills and would be a good fit to the team.

Make sure you SMILE and seem excited and energetic about the position.

Interview Questions

• How would you rank yourself 1 - 10 on your Access/Excel ability?

You will be required to take an Access Skills test. The test is very basic and simple if you are familiar and use Access on a daily basis. However, do not lie or exagerate your Access/Excel knowledge. The test will show your true ability.   1 Answer
    • List 3 Strengths AND 3 Weaknesses.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I went through a Recruiting Firm. I was offered a choice... on a higher salary with a lower incentive plan or a lower salary with a higher incentive plan. Vacation time was not negotiable but was fair.

Maintenance Tech Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAA (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2012.

Interview

Property Manager was friendly and the interview went well. But new nothing about maintenance and maintenance supervisor new less. The property was nice and clean.( new) It wount last if they don,t get some better help!

Interview Questions

• Maintenance skills and people skills applinance-dishwasher/HVAC/R skills   Answer Question

Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAA (Charlotte, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Met with property manager and lead tech. Was ask to take a skills test. Afterwards the manager and supervisor went over it then ask me into the office. They ask about my background and why I was looking for a change. Both the pm and the supervisor we're very nice and showed genuine interest in my resume. They were impressed with my background. And ask some general questions about my experience. And ask what hours I would be willing to work. After the interview they informed me they would indeed be in touch. That they needed to submit my salary requirement to the regional manager and the rest of my info. They stated they would be in touch with me.

Grounds Keeper Interview

Interview

The hiring process takes about two to three weeks. A very long time for somebody that is looking for a job.

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAA in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The property manager provided great detail about the company as well as what were all the requirements of the position. We did the interview while touring the property which made the interview seem a bit more comforting. Overall the interview process was pretty smooth and very educational. I have no direct experience in the apartment industry, and I feel very interested in becoming a part of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a resident that comes into the office with a concern after hours?   Answer Question

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAA (New York, NY) in August 2018.

Interview

I had previously created a profile and did the online assessment, and applied on a Thursday morning. Received a call from the property manager that afternoon and had an interview the next day with PM and another manager. Got an offer on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• Asked for examples of how I previously handled difficult situations.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairview, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MAA (Fairview, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got a call from recuriting manager and then the following week interviewed with property manager. The only problem I have with this company is that even though this company has horrific reviews especially problems with upper management I still gave it a try because I wanted to see for myself, unfortunately the reviews are true. Before withdrawing from the interview process I did my research. I was the only canidate who made it to the final rounds of interview with the regional manager and was told my the property manager himself that I would be a GREAT asset to the company especially with my experience and even though the regional manager said my interview went great they went ahead and started ANOTHER round of interviews and mind you this was a MONTH later... I wasn't even working for the company yet and I felt like a number. This company will lose out on top talent because of their unorganized selfish ways. Corporate obviously controls everything and doesn't even listen to their own property manager. TURN AND RUN. I am telling you, I tried it out for myself regardless of the reviews and everything is true. This company clearly is based off of numbers have no respect for highly qualified candidates or anyone with long term goals. Do not waste your time. It is not professional to string a top candidate along for weeks at a time and then start the interview process all over again, its messed up. Candidates have to prepare just as much as the employee, we use our time, our gas, and we research you before we interview. Its a process just for us as it as for you.

Leasing Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAA (Orlando, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

Someone will contact you by email to schedule a phone interview. Then they will inform you that within a few days you should receive a call for a in person interview. Still in process of the in person interview. Wish me luck!!!

Interview Questions

• One of the questions: Are you good at solving problems.   1 Answer