MAA Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MAA Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAA (Scottsdale, AZ) in May 2017.

Interview

I was called in for an in-person interview first. It went very well, the interviewer was very personable and easy to talk to. She asked me questions that related to my answers on the personality test that the company has you take before taking your application.

I was called back for a second interview over the phone. This one was longer and asked more specific questions about my past job experience.

Interview Questions

• How can thinking creatively benefit you in solving issues that may arise?   Answer Question

Leasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at MAA (Austin, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Very friendly and quick very motivated to find quality trained and driven agents to lead the communities management wants to find people who are enthusiastic about joining a ever changing industry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAA (Austin, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was pretty robotic. Every question given was nothing out of the ordinary. They are mostly just looking to see that you are a good with sales and handling customers in any situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you could not meet a customers needs and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Leasing Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at MAA in November 2016.

Interview

Received a 15 min interview, followed by 40 min interview on the phone the next day. Scheduled a 1:1 interview on the following day. Seemed as if everything went perfect. Monday the regional manager called for about 15 mins. The next day received word I did not get the position. I was pretty confused and upset thought everything was great until it wasn't. Disappointed I thought it was a perfect position:

Interview Questions

MAA Response

Nov 16, 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Thank you for taking the time to interview with Post Properties. It is very important to us that all level positions have the buy in on candidates during the interview process. You are welcome to ... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MAA (Raleigh, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very personable. I received a call from the property manager to schedule an interview. I went to the property and sat down with her. It wasn't an interrogation or anything. Just pretty normal interview questions and personality traits. Of course they asked how do I currently close sales at my current job. I then met the assistant manager and was shown the property. I felt really great when I left. By far the best interview process ever.

Interview Questions

• If you had a customer at your desk currently entertaining the idea of possibly moving into the property and a current tenant came down irate about a situation, how would you handle it?   1 Answer

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAA in September 2015.

Interview

The interview process went very well. The property manager provided great detail about the company as well as what were all the requirements of the position. We did the interview while touring the property which made the interview seem a bit more comforting. Overall the interview process was pretty smooth and very educational. I have no direct experience in the apartment industry, and I feel very interested in becoming a part of the industry.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a resident that comes into the office with a concern after hours?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Franklin, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MAA (Franklin, TN) in July 2015.

Interview

Applied online and took about 2 weeks before I received a call. Talked with the manager in (Memphis, TN) and set up for a phone interview the next day. The phone interview went well. It lasted about 5-6 minutes. General interview questions. Said I would receive a call back beginning of the following week if I was chosen for a face to face to interview at the on site location in which I applied for. Have my interview today, so I will follow back when complete.

Interview Questions

• At of all leasing properties why did you choose to apply/work for MAAC Communities?   Answer Question

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAA (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied and was contacted by Regional Manager within 1 week to schedule interview. Had face to face interview and it went very well, Regional Manager gave good vibes that she was interested. Contacted the VP to meet with me the next day. I thought whole process went well and figured I would here from them. Followed up with thank you email ms then week later as sent email that they had a better fit. I emailed for feedback and never any response back.

Interview Questions

• The VP asked me if I would be able to represent the owners well with key people.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MAA (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Called in to schedule an interview face to face with property manager. Second interview with regional VP and property manager where they offered the job to me. I started a week later.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about myself, went through resume, asked about where I see myself in 1 year, 3 years, 5 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MAA (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

You have to take assessment test first then when you have completed it. You will get a call if your score is what they would prefer and if you have the experience that the property manager at that location desires.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been in property management?

Describe your marketing and sales experience.

How did you get into the property management field?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      Answer Question