MAN Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 18, 2017

2.7

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in China, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MAN (China, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

This question seems simple, so many people fail to prepare for it, but it's crucial. Here's the deal: Don't give your complete employment (or personal) history. Instead give a pitch—one that’s concise and compelling and that shows exactly why you’re the right fit for the job. Start off with the 2-3 specific accomplishments or experiences that you most want the interviewer to know about, then wrap up talking about how that prior experience has positioned you for this specific role.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MAN in September 2016.

Interview

Video interview: 10 questions with basic fit/competency questions.
    Man asks also about a recent article that intrested you.
    Ultimately you have 2 minutes at the end to add whatever you want to say

Container Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MAN (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

- one simple phone interview
    - interviewed by two colleagues (one responsible for hiring and other one worked as a Key Account)
    - some questions about how to fill, transport etc containers

Interview Questions

• How to optimize the filling of a container
      Which cost are included
      Questions about my background
      Questions about MAN
      Answer Question

Graduate Engineering Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehradun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAN (Dehradun (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

first there was a written test , during interview they asked about my learnings and projects from internships and trainings .rapid fire type of technical questions covering almost everything from the list they brought with them.

Quantitative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MAN in November 2015.

Interview

Beforehand I had to solve programming tasks. During the interview, I was asked particular questions concerning my code, its speed-up possibilities and efficiency. Afterwards, we went through my CV, with the interviewer picking and discussing the most outstanding/relevant features. The atmosphere was neutral as I have talked to the interviewer face to face before and he was a very calm and approachable during the whole application process.

Interview Questions

• You have *this* written on your CV, could you tell us more about it?   Answer Question

Procurement Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Interview

They ask too many questions to make you angry and see how you react at difficult sitiations. They have 3 stages. First with HR with the department manager, then second stage is department director and the last one is with the CEO of the country.

Interview Questions

• What can you do if you have too much deadlines which coincide ?   Answer Question

Financial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MAN (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in August 2013.

Interview

I applied though online website. Then the HR contacted me and gave me an opportunity to the office and had an interview. Just ask several behavior questions about your resume.

Purchasing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ankara (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MAN (Ankara (Turkey)).

Interview

I got a phone call from MAN Turkey after applying to the "purchasing engineering position". Interview was held by an hr controller and purchasing manager. They hadn't read my cv. They called me but they were not having any information about me. After the interview, I was waiting for somebody to ask me that " how will you go? let us call a taxi for you." They just told me bye.

Werkstudent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augsburg, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MAN (Augsburg, Bayern (Germany)) in September 2016.

Interview

Übers Internet beworben. Hat ein paar Wochen gedauert, bis ich eine Antwort bekam per Telefonat wurde dann ein Vorstellungsgespräch vereinbart
    Es wurde recht kurzfristig ein Vorstellungsgespräch vereinbart.
    Das Vorstellungsgespräch war nichts besonderes. Keine besonderen Fragen oder Aufgaben.
    War alles in allem professionell und gut gemacht.

Interview Questions

• Was stellen sie sich vor, sind ihre Aufgaben als Werkstudent?   Answer Question

Information Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MAN (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2016.

Interview

Nach einem telefonischen Vorgespräch wurde ich zu einem AC Termin eingeladen. Dort sollte die finale Kandidatenauswahl innerhalb eines Tages erfolgen. Das AC bestand aus drei Übungen und einem abschliessenden Rückmeldungsgespräch. Die Übungsteile bargen keine Überraschungen. Der Moderator war allerdings ein absoluter Profi, der von der Konzernmutter extra nach München kam.
    Für mich war das Gespräch zum ersten Mal in meiner Laufbahn auch wertvoll, obwohl ich die Stelle nicht bekommen habe. Das lag am ausgezeichneten Feedback, dass ich anschliessend erhalten habe. Ich würde mir wünschen, dass es mehr solcher Arbeitgeber gäbe, die sich soviel Mühe bei der Personalauswahl geben und dabei auch fair mit den Bewerbern umgehen.

Interview Questions

• Die erste Übung war wie üblich eine kurze Präsentation des eignen Werdegangs   Answer Question
    • Dann wurde einem die Aufgabe gestellt, für die ersten 100 Tage im Job ein Programm zu erstellen und dem Beobachterkreis dieses zu präsentieren. Als Hilfsmittel stand ein Flipchart zur Verfügung. Für die Vorbereitung hatte man 30 Minuten und 20 Minuten zur Präsentation.   Answer Question
    • In der letzten Runde wurde die fachliche Qualifikation durch den zukünftigen Vorgesetzten, einen Kollegen und einen externen Berater überprüft. Die Beobachter waren in allen drei Runden zugegen.   Answer Question