MATRIX Resources Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MATRIX Resources Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

3 rounds - phone, 1:1, then group panel
    casual, conversational environment
    the team does a good at showing that they really want you or that you are qualified for the job
    good overall attitude from everyone

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (Chicago, IL) in October 2016.

Interview

I had a phone call with a manager in the corporate office in Atlanta that lasted about 45 minutes. I then had a in-person interview with the Branch Manager, an Account Executive and two Recruiters. The in-person interview lasted right at 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• They asked me why I wanted to move from a production role to a non-production role.   Answer Question

QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources in May 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by one of their recruiters from the DFW area for a QA role at one of their direct clients in Grapevine, TX. It was just waste of my time, I waited 1 month waiting for a reply and the recruiter wasn't even courteous enough to let me know the status since she was the one who contacted me for this job. I emailed her twice and there was no response. Very unprofessional behavior, I think I deserved a reply since they contacted me for this opportunity. I won't work with them ever again.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter first, then in person interview with the team. It was a pleasant interview. I thought it went very well considering I had been in the business for over 20 years. I was coming back into the workplace after being a stay at home mom for a few years. I decided to make a career change and go into a support role. I was not offered the job because they said that I would just want to get into recruiting. The thing that struck me funny is they assumed this without digging further. The last thing I wanted to do was be a recruiter at that time. It was not meant to be and I was glad in the long run that they made their assumptions.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work long hours to support your sales manager?   Answer Question
    • Why are you making a career change from recruiting to a support role   Answer Question

Developer/Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Recruiter found me and set up the interview. First interview was a phone screen that lasted about an hour. Mostly filled with the employer trying to sell the company. Few technical questions.
    Second interview was in person, first half with the team, then scrum master, then director of technology. In person interview lasted over 3 hours.

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources in March 2015.

Interview

The interview was extremely laid back and easy going. Asked typical interview questions. The manager was very efficient at getting back to me quickly after the interview and kept communication open and ongoing throughout the process.

Interview Questions

• How do you think social media will help you with this job?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources.

Interview

I received a call for a position that fit my skills. The recruiter set up the interview with the employer and I met with the hiring managers. Interview took about two hours. The next day I heard back from the recruiter that the company was interested in bringing me on.

Interview Questions

• Numerous questions about my skills and how long I have been doing software engineering work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No real negotiation since the hourly rate was set,

Agile Coach Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Initial phone screen with a recruiter. This felt less like a recruiter, however, and more like a member of the team since the organization has been trained in agile practices and principles. After the initial phone screen, had two phone interviews with other agile coaches lasting about an hour each. Then met for lunch with one of the agile coaches and came into the Matrix office to meet with the other agile coach, the team lead/director. Finally, met with the president of professional services. The whole process took around a week and included a few trips to the Matrix office in Atlanta. They were very coordinated and conscientious of my schedule.

Interview Questions

• All questions were situational. They asked how I handled certain situations as a coach and scrum master.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (Houston, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

The hiring and interview process has been great and overall the people are very easy to work with. Very friendly and helpful. I have enjoyed speaking to everyone at this company and I'm very excited to start working with this company soon. I initially interviewed for a Recruiter position, but then was asked to consider an Account Coordinator position. So it was nice that they considered me for two different options.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult questions, it was a basic interview and more informal than most. Just great conversation trying to find out if the company is a fit for you and vice versa and what kind of experience/education you have.   Answer Question

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MATRIX Resources (Greensboro, NC) in April 2013.

Interview

- Was contacted by a recruiter who explained the position to me.
    - Followed by a basic semi-technical interview by the company.
    - Took personality/technical test requested by the client.
    - Interview scheduled with client
    - Interviewed with Manager and team member
    - Received follow-up call from Account Manager
    - Offer received 4 hours later
    - Started 2.5 weeks later.

Interview Questions

• None - Standard conversation revolving around my answers to the test questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Rate was already discussed prior to submitting for position.