MH Alshaya Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 10, 2017

2.8

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Telephonic interview is the first step, once they are comfortable with your experience and abilities, other interview panel takes over and decide the next course of employment. It is not difficult to clear initial screen but there after it becomes difficult.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

first round was pen and paper test consisting of aptitude , logical reasoning and basic programming questions on java and the second round was GD consisting of 8-10 persons.
    there was a HR interview atv third round which was a final round

Waiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ḩayl, Dubai (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Ḩayl, Dubai (United Arab Emirates)) in December 2016.

Interview

In Dubai head office I been thete early morning 7:00am and interview start 9:00am first interview was only interduse our self and I got pass and second interview with one form another weiting

Interview Questions

• 1)tel me about your self
      2)right now where did you work
      3)what is your cornets restaurant best dish
      4)what is your current selery
      5)how much your expectations selery   6 Answers

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Kuwait City (Kuwait)) in December 2016.

Interview

Whatever of what M. Hamza is trying to reply on the massive complains on here, and defend the company image, but on one can cover up the sun with one finger...I Just want to warn everyone about the unprofessional attitude of their recruitment team, as they never respect their promises or appointments with candidates, and the worse they will never write back or reply if you made a follow upon an appointment, they will just ignore you, which will impact any candidate morality and self-esteem, and this can figure out all what is happening inside this company...
    Also note that each brand has its own tribe (ethnic) staff from head of the brand to the lower level, and if you don't belong to that very specific tribe or ethnic you will never get a chance to get the job or interview even if you are far qualified for the role as Bill Gates for Microsoft or Steve jobs for Apple!
    Bottom line, Al Shaya recruiting team need to be truly scrutinized first from top to bottom, having said that because they are the first image or the first glass door of the company, unfortunately, I believe that's where the largest hidden iceberg is. I had read many negative comments on here about the recruitment process, but now after having experience with this called recruitment team I was even shocked by their nonprofessional and negative attitude, as previous comments stated before and want to confirm it again, that your time with these guys will be a pure waste of time, just don't believe what they will write to you in emails , if you have a career plan just move forward elsewhere, otherwise you will only regret your time wasted with this type of nonprofessional called recruitment team
    1- The smell is spreading day after day, and the low level of the recruitment team are losing a lot of opportunities for Al Shaya by not hiring very experienced professional that absolutely will contribute to company objectives.
    2- The hiring process, and decision making is being affected a lot by having each single brand being dominated by a specific tribe or ethnic.
    3- Through experience in the gulf, it's very famous that positions in Al Shaya is been given by HOD, to their Ex colleagues, friends or even girlfriends back in their own tribe/ethnic, and same goes for compensation and remuneration customized based on the color of the passport.

Recruitment Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Kuwait City (Kuwait)).

Interview

I did not get a call from on an online application, rather I contacted the company directly and send my CV to one of the senior ranking employees in the department. He did a telephone interview with me and then had me take a personality fit questionnaire. Once I completed that, he informed me that I would be meeting a group of people for face to face interviews. I was to prepare a presentation to be presented at the end of those interviews. The interviews were different in nature: Each was conducted by persons from various areas of the business. The interviews were conducted to ensure competency, technical and operational fit for the role. I finished of with the presentation that was presented to a group of 3 people, from the Recruitment Department. The topic was given to me a week before to prepare and was relevant to the responsibilities and knowledge required for the role.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself?
      Tell me a typical day at work in your role?
      Tell me about a time when you faced a challenge in your role and how you overcame it?
      Tell me about an achievement your are proud of in your current role?
      Tell me how you resolved a conflict at work?
      Tell me 3 strengths and 3 Weaknesses? Why   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much Negotiation involved I was happy with the offer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Starting with a telephone interview, and then followed by 2 rounds at their head office. One round of technical and a management interview. It is relatively easy to clear these rounds.

Applications Systems Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indi, Karnataka (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Indi, Karnataka (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process begins only after a call/mail for the same from the company.
    It is held at the company premises.
    First round is a small aptitude round which involves around 20 questions on basic maths. It is very simple.
    If shortlisted in that, they take a personal interview , in which they ask questions based on your resume and basic personal details.
    overall process is very simple .
    Getting in , totally depends on their requirements.

Interview Questions

• Since you are an engineer from electrical background, why do you want to join in IT?   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuwait City (Kuwait)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Kuwait City (Kuwait)).

Interview

I received a phone call from the recruiter they were not well prepared and couldn't really give me any details about the position, but I was interested in working with the brand so I agreed to interview. I had two interviews, the first was with the business director and was a standard interview no unexpected questions. The second interview was with Business Director and VP to present a marketing plan I was asked to prepare, it was straight forward, they really wanted to understand your marketing knowledge and strategic and practical thinking.

Interview Questions

• I had to present a marketing plan for the second interview to VP, Business Director and HR Manager.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Riyadh (Saudi Arabia)

Interview

I passed 3 phone interviews, and went to face to face interview, they requested to make presentations about 2 brands about stores before going to interview, I sat with 3 professional operation managers and HR team was great . they told me I will receive feedback within a week but no one appears, after sending emails to HR they replied they will take me under specific brand.then no appear again , after sending them several mails they told me accepted but have no vacancy for you ,however I see they are requesting area managers in several brands .
    Even though it was nice to meet qualified persons in such organization.

QA SE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MH Alshaya (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was a day long process, where interviewed by almost 4 people. I almost felt like they will Hand me the offer on the Same day. All they said at last is to wait a week for update and that's it..... No communication from them. When I emailed them asking for a update all they said at last is they don't have a suitable opening for my profile.... Funny isn't it.

Don't get fooled giving a interview with this company. It will a waste of time.

Surprisingly the conduct interviews on weekends. Don't waste your time attending these guys.

Interview Questions

• All about my current job role, more on manual testing, ecommerce domain knowledge   Answer Question