MISO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MISO Interview Questions

Updated Jun 22, 2017

Senior Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MISO (Indianapolis, IN) in May 2017.

Interview

Very unorganized, one of the interviewer showed up 20 minutes late. Rather unfriendly group of people, ask lots of BS behavioral questions, and zero questions about relevant things that actually has a direct impact on the job!

Interview Questions

• Describe this and that, tell me about a situation, etc.....total BS and uninviting structure, makes one very uncomfortable and develop and easy feeling about the company culture!   Answer Question
    • The process after the interview is what really make you NOT want to have anything to do with this organization.....   1 Answer

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN).

Interview

It was an initial phone call screen with basic questions about the company itself and then a simple behavioral interview with a bit of technical questions to gage your knowledge on different languages. None of the interviews were terribly hard as long as you do research on the company and know how to answer questions in STAR format.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MISO.

Interview

Had a very positive experience. HR personnel was very friendly and welcoming. Interview process was fast and delightful. Had 2 stages of interview. One on the phone and the other in the office

Corporate Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in October 2016.

Interview

I found the listing on LinkedIn Jobs. It was easily the best success I've had while applying for a job without knowing anyone in the company. They were clear and accurate with their hiring deadlines, as it was not an "Evergreen" job, they post positions with an intent to hire.

I scheduled an interview and had a vast array of times to choose from.

The interview was timely and personable as it was in a conversational tone, as opposed to grilling questions. They handed me a paper with talking points on it. I saw that as very forth coming with what they were looking for and wanted to ensure I was a right match for the company equally as much as if they were a right fit for me.

Interview Questions

• They specifically asked about how I handled business writing in the past.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MISO.

Interview

Pretty simple phone interview. Scheduled for 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager. Interview lasted 45 minutes . Was told I would be called in for a face to face interview. Never received a call. Called the recruiter 2 weeks later he said the job had been filled.

QA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process is VERY lengthy. Two phone interviews and then two in person interviews that last about 3 hours each. The same questions were asked in all 4 interviews. They use the STAR method in the in person interviews. They really make the position out to be much more than it is, hiring manager was hot and cold and at times it really seemed like she felt that she was wasting her time, she repeated herself several times and interrupted me answering her questions to take a personal call.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience? Why do you want to be in QA? What Agile experience do you have?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MISO (Carmel, IN) in March 2016.

Interview

First I applied online through my university and was contacted by a recruiter who wanted to know more about me. This led to a phone interview with that same recruiter, very conversational and not longer than 45 mins. And finally I had an in person interview at the headquarters in Carmel.

Interview Questions

• Mostly just behavioral questions about my resume.   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MISO.

Interview

Phone interview that leads to an onsite interview. Asked many various questions about my Resume but was not very technical. Be prepared to answer common behavior questions and very few if any technical questions as make sure to know everything on your resume. The hiring for IT seems to be normal hiring managers with no technical knowledge so adjust your interviewing accordingly.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about every single item on my Resume, even those which were irrelevant to the position. The interviewer did not seem to know much about anything technical and just asked basic behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MISO in January 2016.

Interview

First the HR will call and ask general questions. Then the hiring manager will call and ask questions from resume. Then onsite: at onsite they only ask specific STAR type questions: no technical questions as such

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you have handled a deadline pressure   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MISO.

Interview

The application process is significantly longer compared to other companies, typically is a several month process from initial contact to getting an offer. The HR staff are friendly and polite to work with but it can take quite some time before you hear anything meaningful back from them. One could easily apply for and start working for another company before hearing back from MISO.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questionnaire for the first half: what is your greatest accomplishment/weakness, where do you see yourself in 5 years...   Answer Question