MKS Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MKS Instruments Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2017

2.4

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments.

Interview

I met with several different people at least a couple of times. Each person asked the usual interview questions. I met with a variety of people and was asked to come back to meet with more for the second time. Overall, the experience was not bad.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Rochester, NY).

Interview

VERY quick turn around. Phone Interview on a Tuesday, phone call for in-person interview the next day, on-site interview the following Monday and job offer on Tuesday. On site interview was a panel of engineers and was slightly technical, they just asked technical questions as I was explaining my projects. The manager then took me on a tour of the facility and bought me lunch. To finish off my experience I spoke to my contact in HR who is really helpful and nice. Definitely excited to start once I graduate.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in the execution of a for loop implemented in C and a HDL?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with VP sales. Comfortable, concise, to the point. Let me know where I stand relative to other prospects. Closed with next step timeline. We had a good rapport; I think working for him would be an enjoyable, positive experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MKS Instruments.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite interview. Onsite interview was with a couple of people, one person at a time.
    Be prepared to talk about school projects and things on your resume. Tell me when you had to deal with an unplanned event at work and how did you go about it.
    Have any questions for us?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Andover, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Hiring Manager, and Director of HR. Not a terribly difficult interview with any of the three. I also interviewed a second time with members of the management team and someone who would be my peer.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite thing to do in terms of training and development?   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Interview

Was called in for an interview for an internship position. Completely technical interview based on embedded systems fundamentals and programming.

Engineer Intern (Electrical) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, MA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Wilmington, MA) in September 2012.

Interview

Done through nationanal engineering service corp. Time between online application to NESC and Interview was about a week. Then another week before starting.

Interview Questions

• a few tricky circuit analysis questions. not calculations, just conceptual stuff I hadn't seen for a couple years.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. hourly pay.

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Methuen, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Methuen, MA) in January 2011.

Interview

The process is very formal and straight forward.
    I first met with HR who gave me an overview of benefits and the planed schedule.
    Next, I interviewed with some of my future team mates.
    Finally, the interview concluded with my future manager and his manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my past work experiences and accomplishments.
      Asked about my upper level education accomplishments.   Answer Question

Line Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2010.

Interview

Had to hire in through temp service

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in March 2011.

Interview

MKS Human Resource Manager was giving me a call and appointment was made to have
    a phone interview with the hiring manager. The next day i received a call from the related
    manager and the call was taking about 30 minutes. He asked my experience and knowledge
    in the job i explained quickly and he felt i am suitable and asking me how soon i can come
    onboard if i were to be offered the job. The interview was really an easy and relaxed experience.