MKS Instruments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 18, 2018

2.4

FPGA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (San Jose, CA).

Interview

two telephonic interview followed by 3 rounds of onsite interview. 1st round was 1:1 with team manager, 2nd and 3rd were group interviews with team members. After all this they canceled the position because of budget constraints.

Interview Questions

• Will you be able to persuade the costumer? The interview was completely based on how I will persuade the costumer, they did not ask me a single technical question.   Answer Question

FPGA Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Rochester, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

It was pretty long process. Applied in November, Phone interview in December On site interview in January and reject in February. Interview was not technical. They were going through projects in school. They were asking minute details of my projects. They were testing only my knowledge base. Interviews with the senior people with 10 to 15 years of experience. All people were very friendly and highly knowledgeable. Even few of them have patents. The interview went over my previous background skills and knowledge on FPGA based systems and RF power systems. Lunch with hiring manager and newly joined team mates. Other senior engineer took me tour of the facility. Overall good experience. I was not tested with not even single question of my technical or logical analysis skills. HR and hiring manager were very nice guys.

Interview Questions

• Matlab HDL coder experience? C, C++ wrappers? Debugging? RF matching networks? Git experience?   Answer Question

Accounting Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments.

Interview

I met with several different people at least a couple of times. Each person asked the usual interview questions. I met with a variety of people and was asked to come back to meet with more for the second time. Overall, the experience was not bad.

Software Engineer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Rochester, NY).

Interview

VERY quick turn around. Phone Interview on a Tuesday, phone call for in-person interview the next day, on-site interview the following Monday and job offer on Tuesday. On site interview was a panel of engineers and was slightly technical, they just asked technical questions as I was explaining my projects. The manager then took me on a tour of the facility and bought me lunch. To finish off my experience I spoke to my contact in HR who is really helpful and nice. Definitely excited to start once I graduate.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference in the execution of a for loop implemented in C and a HDL?   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with VP sales. Comfortable, concise, to the point. Let me know where I stand relative to other prospects. Closed with next step timeline. We had a good rapport; I think working for him would be an enjoyable, positive experience.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Boston, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied online and after a couple of weeks was contacted by an HR person who setup a whole day interview with about 8 people (mostly - managerial type). I met with them one by one and was asked mostly technical questions about work I did.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions about my previous experience in the field.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MKS Instruments.

Interview

Phone screen then onsite interview. Onsite interview was with a couple of people, one person at a time.
    Be prepared to talk about school projects and things on your resume. Tell me when you had to deal with an unplanned event at work and how did you go about it.
    Have any questions for us?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Austin, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Mostly questions about my background, and what my career goals were.
    Interviewed with several people who would be co-workers, my future manager and his manager.
    A few simple technical questions, I think.

Senior Training Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Andover, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MKS Instruments (Andover, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with HR, Hiring Manager, and Director of HR. Not a terribly difficult interview with any of the three. I also interviewed a second time with members of the management team and someone who would be my peer.

Interview Questions

• What is your least favorite thing to do in terms of training and development?   1 Answer

Engineering Coop Interview

Interview

Was called in for an interview for an internship position. Completely technical interview based on embedded systems fundamentals and programming.