MSC Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MSC Software

2.7

Lead Generation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

There were Interviews with 3 different HR employees. CV questions, work experience, situational questions, why do you want to work at MSC, strengths and weaknesses, education and background, basic questions

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 2 hours long. We discussed the specific project I would be working on, who I would be working with and under, what my responsibilities might be, and what my interests were. We then discussed skills and questions that would directly apply to the job I was hired for.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions required knowledge of how memory works.   1 Answer

Interview

It was a normal interview process. There was initial phone interview. Then there was a on-site interview. I was asked Java questions and database questions. I got a call by applying on the company portal.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was invited in for an interview after applying through an Employee Referral. The interview process was pleasant. The hiring manager was very friendly, professional, and helpful. In addition to asking me questions about my background and career goals, he also provided great insight on the company, the industry, and how they align with my career goals.

I was given a tour around the Newport Beach office after the interview. The office space is very open, has great nature lighting with plenty of windows, and has a collaborative feel to it.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Software.

Interview

They called me after reviewing my resume. Invited me in and asked me questions about my resume and coursework. Lots of friendly people and smiling people so I think they wanted to make sure that who they hire was a good fit. There was a wide range of ages in the office space but seemed like there were many in their 40s or 50s.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Since this was an internship position, they just told you what the wage would be. I don't think it would be appropriate to try to negotiate on the number.

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Initial communication occurred through email, via school networking. From there resume was submitted following a formal application. Next proceeded to an interview.

Interview Questions

• In general, describe how you would go about solving a problem, you don't know how to solve. Was very difficult due to the vagueness of the question   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MSC Software (Santa Ana, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Sent in resume, 2 weeks later interview, given offer 2 weeks afterwards. Interview process was fairly simple, asked basic questions like strengths and weaknesses, how I work with others, ect. If you get the interview you are pretty much guaranteed a way in. It definitely helps if you know someone that already works in the company.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Software (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

after phone interviews twice, director interview.

Talent Acquisition Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Several rounds starting with experience interviews, technical interviews, behavioral & past successes, and finally business case proposal.

Interview Questions

• What are challenges you face where you are unable to overcome adversity?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not overly difficult if you know what you're doing. Management is reasonable with a good understanding of general offer packages.

Academic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSC Software (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted telephonically by a very senior management personnel. The interview process lasted for 30 minutes. The interview started with generic questions covering personality questionnaire. But the main focus of the interview was on technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about particular software system, coding experience, situational questions.   1 Answer