MSC Software Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was invited in for an interview after applying through an Employee Referral. The interview process was pleasant. The hiring manager was very friendly, professional, and helpful. In addition to asking me questions about my background and career goals, he also provided great insight on the company, the industry, and how they align with my career goals.

I was given a tour around the Newport Beach office after the interview. The office space is very open, has great nature lighting with plenty of windows, and has a collaborative feel to it.

Machine Learning Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Software in March 2017.

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter after 3 days unexpectedly. Offer was confirmed verbally by the recruiter during the call but never got offer letter after that. Really horrible experience ever.

Academic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSC Software (Irvine, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Interview was conducted telephonically by a very senior management personnel. The interview process lasted for 30 minutes. The interview started with generic questions covering personality questionnaire. But the main focus of the interview was on technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Knowledge about particular software system, coding experience, situational questions.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSC Software.

Interview

Phone interview about finite element analysis and stress analysis.
    Most of the questions are basic. There was also questions about coding but I don't know anything about coding. They asked if I used MSC Software before I gave the example about MSC ADAMS and Nastran. Most of the interview is about my experience and project.

Development Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

Phone interview with 2 managers, and 1 on-site interview. Phone interview with one manager was pleasant (more like a discussion), but the other manager was terrible - the manager speaks unprofessionally and in condescending manner, arguing over trivial matters, and basically wants you to agree with him. On-site interview was with a bit better, but the phone interview gave me a very bad impression of the company, which determined my final decision to reject the offer because I felt like I will never be able to work with such a terrible manager. Also, didn't think the salary offered after negotiation is that great, considering that Irvine/Newport Beach is such an expensive area to live in.

Interview Questions

• General technical questions on finite elements, which you will know if you studied finite elements.   Answer Question

Interview

It was a normal interview process. There was initial phone interview. Then there was a on-site interview. I was asked Java questions and database questions. I got a call by applying on the company portal.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was about 2 hours long. We discussed the specific project I would be working on, who I would be working with and under, what my responsibilities might be, and what my interests were. We then discussed skills and questions that would directly apply to the job I was hired for.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions required knowledge of how memory works.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MSC Software in February 2015.

Interview

Two rounds for interview. The interviewers in the first round mainly asked about questions in my resume, programming history etc. It was very casual and the interviewers even talked about the history of their code. And in the second round, some technical questions are asked, e.g. how to represent the shear deformation in the element; what's the advantage of meshless methods in simulating fragmentation etc. Phone interview only.

Senior Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSC Software (Los Angeles, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

Process consisted of 4 rounds technical and one HR interview. The technical rounds proceeded from average to difficult conducted by consequently with people of increasing experience. The evaluation mostly stuck to my resume, past experience and proposed work. Software and development interviews involved solving puzzles, data structure and algorithms problems.

Interview Questions

• Some questions involved 1. Split a large linked list into two. 2. Reverse a large linked list. the space and memory orders and efficiency. 3. Design patters. express one design pattern in another format etc.   Answer Question

Product Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MSC Software (Newport Beach, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I applied through a university tech talk held by MSC, after about a week I got an on site interview with my manager, he is very nice, and we mainly talked about my resume. The environment is good, and colleagues are friendly and helpful, I got the chance to hand on some real tasks through my internship, which is quite valuable.