MSDSonline Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MSDSonline Interview Questions

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First when through a phone screening, then met in person at the Chicago office. Really great office space. Awesome location in River North on the river, open office environment, very young and collaborative. Had two panel interviews and a job shadow. Job shadowed another sales associate and then met with 2 executives and then 3 executives.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? If we asked your best friend for a recommendation what would they say? What skills set you apart from other candidates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Briefly had a very basic run of the mill phone interview/screening. Then you they have you come in for the in person interview. I had two sets of three people interview me, other people had three sets of two people. The first group will have your potential team leader along with the director.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to get what you want, without stepping on another colleagues toes.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

The first stage is a phone interview with one of the HR employees - it tends to be the easiest part and they may even offer you coaching for the next round. Then they email to invite you to an in-person interview. During that time you will shadow a representative and then move to two rounds of interviews. There will be a director or manager present in each panel and 2-3 representatives on each panel.

Interview Questions

• What is a time you had to work hard towards a definitive goal?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very quick 2 week process from start to finish. One quick on the phone interview where they screen your phone etiquette followed by in location interview. Starts off with shadowing of sales team member then interview with 3-5 sales team managers. Then a second round that same day of interviewers. Seems a bit much, however it is to your benefit all you have to really do is impress one or two well enough so that they can sway the panel to your favor. Very friendly interview process too.

Interview Questions

• Why sales? Where do you see yourself in the next few years? Why MSDS?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

First phone interview with HR. Then you come in for the in person interview. You interview with a lot of people but they break them up into a couple groups. The questions are pretty basic for an entry level position.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSDSonline.

Interview

I worked there part time then applied for full time when it became available. Everyone is helpful, most bosses are open to questions, make sure to ask a lot of questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline (Chicago, IL) in September 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview for a Sales Executive position. They contacted me via e-mail only a couple of hours after I applied for the job, which was surprising because it was a Saturday. They even contacted me again on Sunday to ask my availability. The phone interview itself wasn't very difficult. The questions seemed pretty basic-What I do in my current position, why I wanted to leave it, what challenges have I faced as a Sales person and how did I overcome them, where I see my career going. The interviewer was very professional and knowledgeable about the company. She asked me about my previous job--what skills I used and what the challenges were, and why I left it. She also asked how I deal with rejection while working in Sales, because you get rejected a lot. I asked her a few questions about the company, like what percentage of Sales Executives meet their quota. Her answers were really thorough. My impression of the company from the interview was positive, she mentioned that they have trips for the Sales people that meet their quota. The company's product also seems pretty interesting and it seems like there's a good market for it right now.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question for me was the question of where I see my career being in 5 years. I have some teaching experience on my resume, even though I'm not a certified teacher, and I think she suspected that I ultimately plan on going into teaching. I don't want a career in sales, I'm just working in it for now to pay the bills, so I fumbled this question a little.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MSDSonline.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, in person interview with sales manager and team manager. Half day shadowing then received an offer letter a couple days later. Interview was intense but as long as you go in with knowledge of the company you will do fine.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations whatsoever. Told you a base and you could take it or leave it.

Authoring Specialist Interview

Interview

Had a phone interview, that went well and then went in for round two where three people interviewed me . The questions were fairly simple- why do you want the position, who are you, etc

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MSDSonline.

Interview

Phone interview and then in person interview. Was easy and laid back. A little intimidating with more than one person interviewing you but it is to be expected.

Interview Questions

• My interview was easy. I think they just want to make sure you know what inside sales is. It is not marketing.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate.