MTSI Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MTSI

2.4

Flight Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edwards AFB, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MTSI (Edwards AFB, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

MTSI recruits talent that are highly recommended in industry. Interview was informal both on the phone and over dinner. Due to multiple recommendations from employees within the company the interview was not very difficult. Skills, performance, technical knowledge was vouched for by other MTSI employees that I worked with directly.

Interview Questions

• What was my five year plan with the company?   1 Answer

Helpdesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MTSI (Alexandria, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

Received a call for a phone screening a day after applying, standard screening questions with a couple technical questions sprinkled in. Technical phone interview was scheduled for later that day, and an in person panel interview was scheduled for two days after. Entire process was extremely quick, and everyone involved was helpful and friendly.

Interview Questions

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTSI (Huntsville, AL) in January 2014.

Interview

Very congenial. It was more of an introduction to the front office. My boss had already decided on me, and the interview was more of a technicality. Prior to the interview, there is a very thorough screening process that often involves recommendation by current employees. The company is a technical company. If you don't have the background, you're at a disadvantage

Interview Questions

• Where did you go to school?   1 Answer

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MTSI (Alexandria, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

We discussed my technical experience and capabilities, interests, and past projects. The interviewer was the team lead. I appreciated the lack of irrelevant behavioral questions and the focus on technical experience and accomplishments. A very positive experience and definitely helped me decide that I wanted to work for them.

Interview Questions

• Discuss in more depth various technical projects and skills on my resume, as well as any experience with the specific technology dealt with in the position I was to be hired for.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTSI (Huntsville, AL) in May 2014.

Interview

Two weeks after applying for this position, I had my interview. At the interview, I was given a tour of the entire facility and introduced to most of the staff. I was offered the job and started two weeks later.

EO/IR Sensor Scientist 2015-1589 Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MTSI (Alexandria, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

I read the MTSI job description on this website (Glassdoor) and sent a copy of my resume to the company. In two-days time, I spoke with a recruiter who found my experience and qualifications suitable to recommend to his hiring managers in the Missile Defense Agency (MDA) program. There was immediate mention of an interview with one or more of the hiring managers on the following day. The day of my recruiter interview, I received an e-mail asking me to complete the employment application, which I did. That is where everything fell apart. Once the HR recruiter and MDA hiring manager reviewed my application, they saw my age, 60-years. I followed-up by asking the recruiter for a time and place of the upcoming hiring manager(s) interview, and was told that I didn't make the cut. The recruiter blamed it on a discrepancy in the job description; as did seven other companies with whom I have applied. The modus operandi is the same for each instance: I send a resume, I receive a recruiter call, I receive a recommendation to the hiring manager, I fill-out an application and then, I receive a rejection with an obligatory flimsy excuse. This is not unusual for someone my age; with my education and experience. It has happened eight times during my current job search. My recommendation for anyone reading this is as follows - if you're over fifty-years old, don't bother applying to MTSI.

Interview Questions

• Q1. What is my educational background.
      Q2. What experience have I befitting the job description.
      Q3. How many EO/IR systems have I evaluated, designed and built.
      Q4. What is my salary requirement.
      Q5. What is my availability to start work.   1 Answer

Battlefield Airman Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTSI (Tucson, AZ) in February 2018.

Interview

First was a phone pre-screening where they reviewed the resume. The in-person interview was with a panel of 5 employees including the incumbent. Questions were directly related to the duties of the job applied for & were open ended. Plenty of time and casual atmosphere. Very fair questions & ample time to make any additional statements you wish!

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company / position applying for.   Answer Question