MVM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MVM Interview Questions

Interviews at MVM

2.4

Contracts Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Initial phone screen, then a week later passed onto a different HR contact. In person interview which lasted 2 hours with 4 different people.

Interviewers asked a barrage of questions that relate to my experience but also behavioral questions that were phrased in a confusing manner. Overall tone of the interview was focused more on if they decide whether I'm a good fit rather than both parties finding out whether this is a good fit.

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MVM (Macon, GA) in August 2018.

Interview

I had a meeting Phone interview. It was about 15 minutes. There were Pretty easy questions. I had a Friendly interviewer. They asked for additional information later for my application. They asked about salary expectations.

Interview Questions

• How much habeas corpus work have you done before this job?   Answer Question

Spanish Linguist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MVM (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Job was on site at a Federal agency; hourly rate decent but no additional benefits, no stable working hours and basically the same overall experience of being a contractor/staffing employee where you are treated like dirt and no opportunity for growth.

Two rounds of phone interviews, first with recruiter based in Virginia (she was nice at the beginning). She went over my experience, asked how I had acquired the language, and what level of confidentiality was I willing to maintain. Second interview with a Spanish speaker, who made me translate phrases filled with slang into English.

Interview Questions

• How did you acquire this language   Answer Question
    • If you were reviewing material where you recognize a neighbor, what would you do   2 Answers

Spanish Linguist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Did two interview, one over the phone, lasted about 1/2 hour, second interview was in person. Easy interview with one lady who was a Spanish Speaker. Asked me interview in English, then after the interview we spoke Spanish

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience translating/transcribing? If so, elaborate.   Answer Question

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Worst hiring process. Many of the documents that they ask to be filled are sent via regular email. It is weird that a company, who works with sensitive cases (Federal government cases), does not care about the sensitivity of the information (of the applicant) that they are receiving by using regular email and not encrypted. They lost the documents I sent them 4 times, asking me to send them again. On top of that, the person who was helping me in the process changed 3 times (so 3 different recruiters made me start again). If this is how they treat you during the hiring process, I don't want imagine how will it be when officially working with them. I applied for a similar company and it took me 3 months in total (with security clearance and all) to get cleared. With them, it has been 6 months and we have not even started the security clearance process. We were just "correcting" the application. So if I were you, I would reconsider my job application.

Interview Questions

• It is a few step interview with phone interviews to measure your languages and translation/transcription tests.   Answer Question

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. The first part was very typical, the recruiter asked information about my education, and previous experience. I had to provide some examples about how I prioritize tasks and how well I work under pressure. The second part was entirely conducted in the required language. The interviewer was a very pleasant person y I made me feel very comfortable during this process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a rotating shift schedule including weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Linguist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

They do their interviews over the phone. They ask you to tell them about yourself and it's not very lengthy or difficult. The process to get hired takes about 8 months to a year though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MVM (New York, NY).

Interview

All the interviews (4) were done through the phone/Skype. They were very polite and I didn’t feel rushed at any point of the conversation. The questions are very straight forward and they focus a lot on your caracter, background and how would you manage sensitive/private information.

Interview Questions

• What would you tell your family and friends if they ask you what are you working on currently?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MVM (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter via linkdin, phone interview.

When deciding to proceed with the hiring process, I was hesitant because of their bad reputation. I asked about the company's notoriously high employee turnover, lack of communicating scheduling to employees, and nonexistent vertical/horizontal movement within the company.
    Instead of answering my concerns like a good company, they proved to be what I was afraid of when they replied a minute later with a rejection statement, ...laziness maybe.....but VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Interview Questions

• A situation where people put you in a difficult situation where your morals were challenged and how did you overcome   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MVM (Ashburn, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very nice, seemed very promising...made me blindly excited because I liked her so much without really "knowing" what I was getting into. I wish I had paid attention to the Glassdoor reviews which were very honestly on par with my actual experience once hired. I didn't adequately protect myself.

Interview Questions

• Why as someone with an HR background was I interested in interviewing for Recruiting opportunity.   1 Answer