MVM Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MVM Interview Questions

Updated Oct 4, 2017

2.7

Linguist Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

They do their interviews over the phone. They ask you to tell them about yourself and it's not very lengthy or difficult. The process to get hired takes about 8 months to a year though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MVM (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2017.

Interview

Was contacted by recruiter via linkdin, phone interview.

When deciding to proceed with the hiring process, I was hesitant because of their bad reputation. I asked about the company's notoriously high employee turnover, lack of communicating scheduling to employees, and nonexistent vertical/horizontal movement within the company.
    Instead of answering my concerns like a good company, they proved to be what I was afraid of when they replied a minute later with a rejection statement, ...laziness maybe.....but VERY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Interview Questions

• A situation where people put you in a difficult situation where your morals were challenged and how did you overcome   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MVM (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from their company called me, and explained all the negative things about the job before proceeding to ask if I was still interested (part-time, no health insurance, hours were not fixed, graveyard shift).

This seems like a company with a high staff turnover, which is why I declined the position (in addition to the lengthy investigation that needs to be done of all employees).

Financial Project Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Phone interview was through an HR personnel and very informal. Quick. The rest of the hiring process involves short emails to just check in that are few are far between. Like any government work it seems to take too long.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you went above and beyond the call of duty.   Answer Question

Linguist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Interview was over the phone. The first part was very typical, the recruiter asked information about my education, and previous experience. I had to provide some examples about how I prioritize tasks and how well I work under pressure. The second part was entirely conducted in the required language. The interviewer was a very pleasant person y I made me feel very comfortable during this process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work a rotating shift schedule including weekends and holidays?   Answer Question

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at MVM (Bethesda, MD) in January 2016.

Interview

Interview process consisted of a 30 minute interview and taking several tests. The first tests consisted of telephonic and computer tests and then there was an additional drug test and physical.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions that were asked of me.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ashburn, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MVM (Ashburn, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very nice, seemed very promising...made me blindly excited because I liked her so much without really "knowing" what I was getting into. I wish I had paid attention to the Glassdoor reviews which were very honestly on par with my actual experience once hired. I didn't adequately protect myself.

Interview Questions

• Why as someone with an HR background was I interested in interviewing for Recruiting opportunity.   1 Answer

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at MVM in August 2015.

Interview

An open house with on-the-spot interviews, a battery of competency tests, 2 background checks, 2 drug tests, 1 physical, and a 40-hr unpaid training. All-in-all, a 3!to 4 month process

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 11+ months. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Be prepared to go through a very detailed explanation of everything in your life, as you are applying for a clearance, so that they can let you access classified information.

Interview Questions

• Telling people they will be visited by the FBI or some other agency and to be honest with them.   Answer Question

Negotiation

after several meetings back and forth, you finally meet with Special Agents for interrogation.

Analytic Linguist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MVM.

Interview

Took about 6-7 months including security clearance process. Patience is key.

There will be a phone call to schedule interview, then a phone interview. Then an exam, you should wait about 2-3 weeks for response and finally an offer which will lead into a security clearance process. Here, you are talking about 3-4 months of waiting time.

Negotiation

There is no negotiation. Salary/hourly is set.