MYOB Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MYOB Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at MYOB

2.7

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne (Australia)) in July 2015.

Interview

It took more than 1 month to finish interview process. I got the job offer but interview process was not fun. They were asking me questions which were not related to position I applied. I had to keep on reminding them about my position description. Interview are conducted by bunch of fools.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

na

Other Interview Reviews for MYOB

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, Victoria (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MYOB (Richmond, Victoria (Australia)).

Interview

I first spoke on the phone with a recruiter that works for MYOB. From there, I was sent a coding exercise to complete. I submitted my completed code and after some more back-and-forth was invited in for a formal interview.

I arrived early at the Richmond office and was shown around by the recruiter who I had been in contact with. Inevitably we landed in an office and the interview involved six different interviewers in varying roles within MYOB. They came in sets of two at a time. Two technical for general chit-chat Q&A session (one dev lead, one mid-level dev), two more technical to review and pair on changes to the coding exercise that I had submitted (another dev lead, another mid-senior level), and finally two project managers for some more Q&A about culture fit, problem solving, interpersonal skills.

Overall the formal interview took about 2.5 hours, it sounds more intense than it actually felt at the time, for me. Everyone was easy enough to get along with and certainly did not come across as intimidating.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you were in a stressful situation on a project. How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at MYOB (Melbourne (Australia)) in February 2016.

Interview

I applied through the recruiter. I remember back then it took me 1 week to complete the process. I was given a coding exercise to complete and submit it to the recruiter once I complete the solution.

The interview was taken place back in the Glen Waverley office. I had a 2 hour interview with different tech leads. During the first interview was mainly about the culture fit for the company and explain a bit about my experience and showing my interests in tech. I was also asked to discuss the architecture of the project I was recently worked on and discussed what are the pros and cons of the technology used and the architectural decision.

After the first interview I went on and having a pair programming interview with two more dev leads and extend the solution of coding excercise. It went quite well and I received an offer in few days after.