Macadamian Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 10, 2017

3.2

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).

Interview

Getting an interview was straightforward enough. An interview was arranged within a few days and I turned up at their offices above a pizza shop. Initial impressions were uninspiring to say the least.

Interview Questions

• Generally just awkward interactions. The interviewer was unfriendly and lacked any real personality. I was confused as to why they asked me to interview for this position in the first place and this passive/aggressive display left me feeling even more confused.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yerevan (Armenia)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macadamian (Yerevan (Armenia)).

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call from HR in 2 days, made an appointment for onsite interview.

The process had 5 steps:
    1. Short technical/personality check interview also about previous work experience partially in English (the team members are from different countries, you'll need English for daily meetings). Approximately 30 minutes long.
    2. Core programming language related quiz (C# at that time) with multiple choice answers. 20-25 minutes long.
    3. Deep technical/core programming interview with one of leads/architects. 50-60 minutes long.
    4. Summary interview with one of Development Managers.
    5. Interview with General Manager.

I passed the steps 1-4 the same day. In a week I got an appointment for the interview with GM.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I got above my expected salary.

Software Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in December 2015.

Interview

I connected with the HR department through LinkedIn and organized a phone call with them to discuss the position that they were recruiting for. I was them invited to come to the HQ and did an interview with technical experts, then with the management and finally with HR.
    I felt that the questions were not easy but appropriate for the position, quite open ended to leave me the liberty to express my view/creativity and rather clever/interesting.
    Overall a very good experience with Macadamian staff.
    I did not take the job because I was offered a more exciting challenge elsewhere.

Interview Questions

• - Language theory questions
      - Methodology questions
      - Architecture questions
      - Management questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in September 2015.

Interview

The management is really nice and conduct interview in an easy environment. Asked me general programming related questions, such as memory, sub-routines, loops, SQL and other. Asked to solve some of them on-board.

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

I made a cold approach and asked for an interview. They were kind enough to invite me in and gave me a tour of what were then their current offices and their soon-to-be new offices. It turned out that they didn't actually have any position openings at the time, but they still wanted to reach out to a new grad and give her some pointers on how to get a leg up in our business. The advice I received in the interview and the reception I received from approaching them was such a huge boot to my confidence.
    They are wonderful people, and while I didn't end up working for them I certainly hope I cross paths with the good people from Macadamian in the future.

Interview Questions

• What do you imagine your work day looking like (paraphrased)?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Interview

- hard interview, 4 steps, good structure, technically oriented

Software Developer Interview

Interview

Sent my resume.
    Got an phone interview.
    Got an interview at the company.

Interview Questions

• Lots of question about the personality. That was great!   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)).

Interview

The interview began with some very high level questions about software development, and gradually went into specifics about the programming language being used on the project (Java). Nothing too complex, probably intermediate level stuff, at most.

Half the time was spent working on a whiteboard problem. There was no actual coding, but rather, it seemed to be a test of how you thought things through. The requirements were changed many times as you went along, presumably to simulate a real-world projects ever-changing specs.

There was some laid-back discussion, as well, about all kinds of topics. Not a stressful interview, thankfully. You didn't feel as if you were jumping through hoops, as happens with some technical interviews.

Interview Questions

• I don't recall any big surprises amongst the questions. The interviewer wasn't trying to pull one over on you, in an attempt to make themselves look smarter.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The initial offer was lower than I wanted. I asked for more, and got it. Your mileage may very.

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macadamian (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

The interview was fairly relaxed and informal, and I appreciated that; however, like most interviews, I didn't feel like the questions asked really explored my potential for being a good tester.

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Yerevan (Armenia)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macadamian (Yerevan (Armenia)) in September 2010.

Interview

1) I was selected as a reference candidate (someone from current employees recommended)
    2) HR called and setup an interview
    3) First there was a screening interview in English (it is not our native language)
    4) There was a 2 technical face to face interviews with different persons
    5) Written test sent me by email including 3 different type of tasks
    6) Final interview was conducted by CEO in a week later, when I was selected as the best among the candidates

Interview Questions

• Nothing really unexpected, there were some problem solving questions, also some puzzles   Answer Question

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was really short, I was aware what to expect and I got it without negotiation.