Mackenzie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.0

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mackenzie

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mackenzie (Portland, OR) in May 2016.

Interview

Very casual and super friendly interview. Ultimately it became clear through the interview the interview that the company was not as progressive as it comes off on its website. Teams seemed a little bit silo'd off, and the interiors team is working in autocad while the architecture teams are in revit; there seems to not be flexibility for people with families or needing different schedules to accomodate working from home, which is crazy when a lot of times whole days are just in front of a computer (which anybody can do from home). There were also a lot of other (more intangible) hints that made me think the company culture was only outwardly modern.

Interview Questions

• What parts of group projects presented in my portfolio where mine, and what parts did other people do?   Answer Question

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mackenzie (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and had two rounds of interviews. The first interview was with multiple employees from different disciplines. They were looking for someone who would fit in the culture of the office which is casual and friendly. The second interview was with the architecture heads. They mostly wanted to confirm the feeling from the first interview before extending an offer.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mackenzie (Portland, OR) in April 2013.

Interview

Phone interview, skills test, group interview. Really basic programming questions, more interested in a good fit with personality. Group interview included the entire department. The interview was better organized than the actual job.