Madwire Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Social Media Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in November 2017.

Interview

Group interview in which we walked around the company. We went team to team and introduced ourselves but the team's seemed surprised by it, as if they didn't know we were coming. Super awkward.

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied through their online platform, after that was submitted I immediately scheduled a phone interview which was about two months out. After the phone interview I was told that I would be contacted to come in for an in person interview with their Lead Developer and Head of Creative Services. After another month or so I was contacted for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• Do I have experience with PHP and Wordpress. Also could I show some of my work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was very impressed with their process, it felt extremely long and drawn out, but I still feel it was a good process nonetheless.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in December 2016.

Interview

With over 400 employees and growing like a weed. The interview process a year ago is much different than what it is now. I interviewed with two leads in my department one time. Then they made the decision to hire me out of 4 others they interviewed in the same week. But recently, we've been doing group and phone interviews as well for new hires. So it will probably be different again in a couple months!

Interview Questions

• Are you a self-starter or do you do better following directions?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online and my first step was a Discovery Call. This was about a 30 minute phone call for the Hiring Manager to get a feel if I was remotely a good fit. From there, I was given a long questionnaire to fill out. The thing is though, these questions are so fun. They aren't your typical interview questions. After that was submitted, I received a call back to have an hour long phone interview. During my phone interview, I was offered a chance to come into the office for an in-person interview.

During my in-person, I met a few Senior Marketing Directors that I may be working with. They joined the interview and asked me some questions. I was told I would hear back in about a week.

The next day I got a phone call from one of the Senior Marketing Directors offering me the position. I started a few days later.

I've been told the interview process can be very drawn out for some, but in my experience, from the time I applied originally to my first day at the office was about a week.

Interview Questions

• Why Madwire? You could work anyone, why here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online in early August 2017. Their online app took quite a bit of time, but I think it was worth it. Gave me a feel for them as a company and it also prepared me for the interviews. They emailed me back by the end of the day and we set up a phone screen interview within the week. Phone screen interview with Training Manager was about 30 minutes and she was super friendly and easy to talk to. From there, she asked me to come in for an interview and we got it set up within a week. Met both her and the CLO in the Madwire office for about 30-40 minutes. Really enjoyed my time with them as we could laugh together and also talk business.
    I wrote a follow-up thank you note and heard back from them within 2-3 days to set up the group interview about a month from then.
    About 3 weeks out the Training Manager emailed me to move the next interview up and change it from a group interview to a meeting with a particular team. I then came onto campus to meet with the team's leaders the next day (interview ended up being about 4 days earlier than originally planned) for about 30-40 minutes.
    Had an offer from the training manager within a week from the last interview, with the start date being 2.5 weeks from then.

Marketing Executive Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madwire.

Interview

Phone interview. Crazy long online application. Second phone interview, followed by in-person interview. Sent two follow-up/thank you letters. It's been 2+ months, and it's just been crickets. Highly unprofessional to just leave a candidate hanging after investing so much time. They seem to be pretty impressed with themselves and guess their time is just too precious to even fire off an automated declination letter.

Interview Questions

Madwire Response

Oct 16, 2017 – Training Manager

Thank you for your feedback.
    We personally review every application, and do our best to be as communicative as possible. As we note during each stage of our interview process, after each round we... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in June 2017.

Interview

Completely unprofessional. Scheduled a phone interview after filling out the most ridiculous, absurd application I've ever seen. You are asked a plethora of completely irrelevant questions. For example, "you have this friend who happens to be in a little trouble, actually a lot of trouble. This friend has a warrant out for his arrest and needs a place to hide. What do you do? Oh and by the way, your friend is a giraffe. What do you do?" Long story short, after filling out this so called application that was a complete waste of time I was provided an opportunity to schedule a phone interview. This sounds great, but the phone interview was literally 5 months in the future. What a joke. In the meantime, I accepted an offer from an industry leading HR software company. Fast forward 5 months later. The day that I was supposed to have my phone interview I received a cancellation email from the "Chief Learning Officer." Absolutely the most unprofessional candidate experience I've ever seen. My advice to anyone looking at opportunities with Madwire, DON'T DO IT!!!

Interview Questions

• "you have this friend who happens to be in a little trouble, actually a lot of trouble. This friend has a warrant out for his arrest and needs a place to hide. What do you do? Oh and by the way, your friend is a giraffe. What do you do?"   2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Madwire (Fort Collins, CO) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied at the beginning of January and was contacted roughly 1 month later to schedule a phone interview. I then was asked to have an interview with the CLO and a Training Manager. After this interview I met with two of the Sr. Marketing Executives with the team I'd be working with after a few days in a third and last interview.

Anonymous Employee in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Madwire (Loveland, CO) in January 2013.

Interview

My interview process was a little bit different than most at the time I interviewed. I knew an employee at Madwire and walked in to see them ran into the CEO and asked if they were hiring. And scheduled the interview right then and there. The interview was a group interview with the CEO and the Chief Development Officer, not HR. At the end of the interview I was sent a offer letter to either accept or decline.

Interview Questions

Madwire Response

Aug 19, 2016 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Wow! That happened fast! Thanks for the feedback.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Loveland, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Madwire (Loveland, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

The hiring process was two interviews. The first on the phone with the hiring manager and the second in person with the hiring manager and one of the CEOs. They had set an expected start day for all applicants that was a week out from the on site interview. Sadly, they did not follow up or respond to inquiries about whether or not I got the role, which gave me a very negative impression about the company. It appeared to be a great place to work before that.

Interview Questions

• It was a relaxed interview. Asking about why someone would want to work there and why they want to work in sales. It was mostly a conversation that seemed pointed towards corporate culture.   1 Answer

Aug 19, 2016 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the feedback and we're sorry you were not selected. As part of our interview process, we like to see if the applicant is proactive in following up themselves. In many cases when we're... More