KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Found 369 of over 370 reviews

4.2
Madwire Co-Founders & Co-CEOs Joe Kellogg & JB Kellogg
Joe Kellogg & JB Kellogg
Pros
  • "Open work environment means you get to collaborate with people almost constantly(in 36 reviews)

• "The culture at Madwire is a mixture of hard work and good times, which every modern company strives for(in 23 reviews)

• Cons
  • "I said this as a pro but this company is growing fast(in 19 reviews)

• "Work environment is very fast-paced, but this could be a pro depending on what kind of job you're looking for(in 17 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Madwire and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent place to work

Aug 2, 2021 - Marketing Consultatnt in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Love everything about my job at Madwire

Cons

Nothing. This place is incredible, great opportunity

Thank you!

2. 5.0

Supportive Community with a Fast-Paced Environment

Jul 23, 2021 - Marketing Success Manager in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Super fast-paced, I love the learn by doing mentality, there is nothing boring about this job. We work closely with management which ensures we know what they expect of us. The culture is amazing, I've made some of my best friends here. The most enjoyable part of this job is how much I've learned and how many different people I get to work with each day.

Cons

Sometimes the goals are too difficult to meet if we are taking on random accounts, I wish we could be more selective on which clients we accept for active marketing plans. Sometimes I don't have the knowledge I need to make the marketing work for a client, but we do have a very large team that I can ask questions if needed.

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for this awesome feedback. It's great to hear you feel the culture is amazing and you've made some of your best friends at Madwire. We will continue to work to grow and get better in all areas.

3. 5.0

Execution Excellence

May 24, 2021 - Platform Advisor & Email Marketing Manager in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I absolutely love my ever-changing position within Madwire, I admire how we are always striving to meet the needs of our small business owners, and how we are constantly improving the platform. All of these full-court press efforts embody change, improvement, and process/platform optimization and all of that takes a great coach. I appreciate how open and honest JB and his dad, Joe, both are. They always seem to be keeping your ear to the ground to hear what we have to say, and it doesn't go unnoticed. We are nowhere near reaching our full potential but I admire that our product developers and leads are always striving for feedback and input on what can be done better or what needs some love and I am excited to be contributing to a company on the forefront of marketing and not one that is lagging behind. Overall, and at the end of the day I take great pride in working at Madwire, I believe in this company and our products.

Cons

I think that an ever-changing ever-evolving machine is necessary to keep our place as a forerunner of marketing, but I think that sometimes we feel saturated with change. My feedforward would be to give us just a little more time to get our strongholds in place so that we can get our own processes nailed down, optimized and then we can get into our flow. We can become more efficient and provide a more seamless professional experience for our clients and internal staff if we could get a little bit more time to stabilize and fine-tune processes before making the next shift.

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the kind words and thoughtful feedforward. Thank you!!

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

You'll earn your masters!

Jul 28, 2021 - Marketing Success Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

So far, I've really enjoyed my experience at Madwire and am grateful for the opportunities I receive everyday. Over the past year I've: - Learned more than I thought possible (and still learning) - Received hours upon hours of coaching to help me level up - Worked with people who are not only encouraging, but care about helping our clients be successful - Grown personally, in my own organization, having difficult conversations with clients, and resilience

Cons

- Very fast-paced. It can be difficult to keep up. - Processes are always changing (but so is the industry) - Work life balance is challenging

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Really cool to hear you keep learning and are receiving great coaching. Thanks for all you do to get better and make us better.

5. 5.0

Jun 23, 2021 - Revenue Recovery in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

We are always striving to get better as a whole and as an individual. We look back on ourselves to evaluate our blind spots to constantly improve ourselves. We are encouraged to push ourselves to be better each and every day, this is one of my favorite aspects about Madwire. I'm allowed to make mistakes because we learn from them. I truly feel valued here and see that I'm part of the bigger picture.

Cons

The workload can be overwhelming at times but I'm given all the tools needed to succeed and we are always evolving.

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the positive feedback! We appreciate you!

6. 2.0

Great Place To Start, But Don't Stay

May 8, 2021 - Content Specialist in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

-The company does a fairly good job of building up your base marketing knowledge in a short amount of time, so it's a great place to learn if you're new to marketing -The onsite gym is well maintained, some employees held yoga classes pre-COVID -CMS position is heavily commission-based, so you can control your salary to an extent

Cons

-Madwire maintains a culture of toxic positivity in which positive feedforward is encouraged but genuine concerns are shushed -Most positions start at 30K with no commission, which isn't enough for Fort Collins living -Company marketing strategy rarely adjusts for changes to Google's algorithm, and runs the risk of getting outdated -Company utilizes an "unlimited PTO" policy that really discourages taking time off -Extremely fast paced and high stress environment. Most people have more clients than they can handle, and so the company as a whole is almost always behind on client work by several weeks to a month. We have things onsite called Cry Rooms. Need I say more? -Employees face implicit pressure to work unpaid overtime to keet unrealistic goals, and many do -Too many executives, and a surprising amount of nepotism and cliqueness when it comes to promotions -Not diverse in the slightest Tl;dr if you have a position with commission, money won't be a problem. But work/life balance and a lack of respect for your time always will be

9 people found this review helpful

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Glad to hear you enjoy the gym, compensation structure and marketing knowledge you've learn daily. As for your cons, sorry to hear you feel positivity can be toxic. We believe authentic positively can never be toxic so it's saddening to hear you feel that way. As for compensation plans, our plans are very competitive compared to all roles in our industry, most have commissions on top of salary, but the salary only roles have a fast ramp up over time. We disclose all compensation plans prior to anybody starting so they understand the opportunity clearly. With regard to our strategy and process when it comes to marketing, we change it often to align with current modern marketing trends. We've always done this. As a result, much change and learning/growing is always occurring at Madwire. While this is challenging, it's also what makes us great. We encourage everyone to take as much time off as they need to stay energized and engaged as long as it's communicated in advance and everyone continues to support their team and customers as expected (meet minimum standards). All in all, Madwire is a great place, but not perfect, we're always growing and improving based on feedfoward. The culture is great, but it's not the right fit for everyone which we totally understand. We're all different and deserve to be somewhere that fulfills us.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Strong employment option in uncertain times

Jul 19, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

When the lockdowns began the co-CEOs JB & Joe Kellog stopped taking pay to keep as many employees as possible

Cons

Work load can be hard

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for staying with us and the confidence in us through the uncertain times. Very grateful!

8. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overworked, Underpaid, Understaffed, Underbenefitted, Underappreciated

Jul 28, 2021 - Content Marketing Specialist
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are wonderful. You'll love your teammates and colleagues; they are genuinely extremely kind people. Occasionally, if you work in the office, the CEO will offer you a Jolly Rancher.

Cons

Severely understaffed, overtime without pay is an expectation, they fabricate reasons to fire you (no, this did not just happen to me) when they need to balance their financials...by cutting staff. I was told that I stole from clients and fabricated information, this couldn't be further from the truth and I am STILL reeling from these accusations. Another colleague was told that she was being let go because of her attitude, which they had sent her emails about (they never sent them); another one for his performance when his performance was still better than many others in the department. How they decide who to cut I don't know, but I ended up being grateful they decided to give me the ax because the stress and the expectations to complete all of your work no matter what are ruinous. I sincerely hope they start treating their employees as their most valuable asset, which smart companies do and most certainly, they ARE at Madwire. Joe and JB aren't the ones making the money for the company, it's all of the sales people and designers and content writers and everyone actually producing the materials for the clients. If all of the underlings walked out en masse it would teach the c-suite a much needed lesson. They won't, but it would be the best thing that could happen at Madwire to prove to them just how much their employees really mean and how important it is to value them and respect them, because they don't demonstrate any real respect for their staff on any level, at all, and if you're client-facing and your clients treat you like garbage, you're basically told to suck it up, buttercup. This is where you go to work to find out how you should NOT be treated. If you end up having to take a job here, leave it as quickly as possible. Don't drink the Kool-Aid; there's already 500+ too many people doing that as is.

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

We care deeply for each and every teammate at Madwire. We try to show that in everything we say and do. Our executive leadership team truly puts the team first in their thoughts, words and actions. As a result, a culture of comradery is present from the top down. You can see that in the body of work that is these hundreds of Glassdoor reviews. That said, Madwire is not a good fit for all. You can also see that perspective in a small percentage of Glassdoor reviews. Ultimately, we're sorry you feel the way you do and wish you the best in your next endeavors. We hope there are some positives you can take away from your experience at Madwire which benefit you in the future. Best of luck and thanks for all the hard work and effort you put into Madwire while a member of our team. We appreciate it.

9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company, great people!

May 28, 2021 - Onboarding Consultant
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at Madwire is fantastic. The people are amazing and I feel valued. Opportunites are endless. Compensation is laid out up front which I definitely appreciated. When things get rough, we pivot and bounce back which is commendable. I work remote and am one of our "pioneers" for lack of a better term, I feel my feedback is not only valued but immediately implemented.

Cons

Things change FAST - which is a pro and a con. If you have trouble adapting, this may be a difficult position/company. They'll change with or without you, and how you handle those situations will determine your positivity within the company.

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the positive feedback! Changing fast does have its pros and cons. Great point. The goal of any change is to make something better which is the key. The positives should outweigh the negatives.

10. 5.0

Culturally Has It All

Apr 14, 2021 - Marketing Success Manager in Fort Collins, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I love the people I work with, my team is like family and I would follow my Director in to the fire. I came from a company of similar size, the amount C-Level puts themselves in front of employees is amazing, I cant overstate that. The working remote ability has made a huge difference in my life for my family (saved drive time alone). The days off provided for the holidays is near unheard of in my experience. Culturally the company is amazing. The overall mission of the company is polarizing and easy to get behind. The ability and willingness to work through change or pivot is great.

Cons

Its a very fast paced company that is willing to and does change quickly and often so you have to be able to navigate that. The job can be stressful and demanding at times.

Co-Founder & Co-CEO

We'll continue recruiting for the top talent. Thanks for the great feedforward.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 369 Reviews