Madwire Reviews

Updated Jul 22, 2020

4.0
Madwire Co-Founders & Co-CEOs Joe Kellogg & JB Kellogg
Joe Kellogg & JB Kellogg
Pros
  • "Open work environment means you get to collaborate with people almost constantly(in 35 reviews)

• "The culture at Madwire is a mixture of hard work and good times, which every modern company strives for(in 23 reviews)

Cons
  • "I said this as a pro but this company is growing fast(in 19 reviews)

• "Work environment is very fast-paced, but this could be a pro depending on what kind of job you're looking for(in 17 reviews)

"To say it has changed my life working here is an understatement"

Current Employee - Lead Social Media Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have almost reached my 5-year mark working for Madwire. To say it has changed my life working here is an understatement. Since working at Madwire I have gotten married, bought a house, had a baby, and have seen change and growth within myself that I never thought possible. I started Madwire with no background in marketing but as a very young and driven recent grad from CSU. I didn't know much about anything when it came to marketing but boy, did I learn quick, and at a fast pace too, but I was never afraid to work hard and that is what pushed me through. Working at Madwire isn't a cake walk, so if you are looking for some easy peasy job where you stare at your screen aimlessly all day, then don't look here. It is hard work. It is challenging. I will admit, I have cried more than once trying to hit goals and help my team achieve success, but ultimately that is why I am so happy here. That is why I continue to grow. That is why the people around me grow. I also would like to say that you CAN be a mom and work at this company. Not only that, but you can be a mom and have a leadership role in this company. This is something I feared when I first found out I was pregnant, because of the fast-paced environment. However,I have been extremely impressed by my leaders and how they have helped me to navigate being a new mom, and a lead, at a rate that I am comfortable with, while still challenging me to push forward (because that is what good leaders do- they challenge you). I will also say that despite what other reviews might state, I didn't mind our maternity leave at all, and in fact, thought it was pretty dang good compared to most of my hard-working mom friends. All in all, I am beyond thankful for the opportunities that Madwire has given me and am proud to be a part of the change and #growth that is needed and happening in the future to come.

Cons

Sometimes you don't have time to take a lunch or you have to work a little extra some days- but that is life so get over it.

July 10, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you so much for this feedback, advice and your growth mindset. We appreciate you very much and thanks for all you do for Madwire, your teammates, your client and our mission.

"Take The Negative Reviews With A Grain Of Salt"

Current Employee - Creative Team

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This company is one of the best I've ever worked for. I have been here for quite a while, and I have plenty of other experience to compare this company to and to anyone reading this review. Take the recent negative reviews with a grain of salt. Some of the people who were let go over these hard economic times were some of the most toxic people I have ever met and frankly should have been removed sooner and I am of the opinion that it was a massive favor to them that they were here as long as they were. All you have to do is read the clearly unreasonable scorching reviews to see which reviews you can disregard, as I can personally attest that they are *massively* over exaggerated. Is this company perfect no, no company is. Not only is Madwire not perfect, its a growing company in the fast paced, ever evolving industry of digital marketing. To anyone who complains that the company changes too quick: Get used to it. In order to stay competitive Madwire, just like any other company needs to stay flexible and change strategies based on ever evolving technologies and circumstances, if you thought things were going to stay consistent in this industry, well, your own naivety is not the responsibility of Madwire. Additionally any relatively young company is going to go through growing pains, its something you can expect anywhere. Finally, there isn't a for-profit company in the world that will always put its employees before the well being of the company because if they did that, well guess what, the company no longer exists. So to many of the people leaving negative reviews: if you thought you were too valuable to be let go, or if you actually thought that your importance as an individual would come out on top of the well being of the company, again, your naivety is not the responsibility of Madwire. In my opinion, at the end of the day you should always believe you are dispensable (regardless of what any company tells you) as a motivation to keep bettering yourself. Ive learned the hard way across the board that at the end of the day, in general, the companies top priority is always the company. That being said, Madwire shows consideration and concern for its employees more than most and does better job valuing its employees than any other company I have worked for.

Cons

There are a few points in the pros that will align this this. The cons of this company are the cons that almost any other growing company in a ever changing market will experience. Things can be tough sometimes. The workload can be immense at times, and long hours will sometimes need to be worked to meet goals. Working here is no cakewalk, but if you are the kind of person that wants a 'cakewalk' kind of job, you aren't the type of person that should apply here. Entitled individuals do not survive here as you can see from some of the raging todos. The benefits also aren't amazing, but again, that is to be expected from a medium size business like this. The pay across the board is a bit on the low side, but i believe it to be fair and inline with a lot of companies and considering the times. Additionally despite lower end starting pay, you ramp up pretty fast compared to most companies (at least in a normal economic environment)

July 1, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you very much for this feedback and sharing your perspective based on past work experiences, etc. Very powerful and appreciated advice. Means a lot. Thank you for all your hard work over the 5+ years being with us. People like you make us a championship team.

3. COVID-19

"Well paid and very well trained"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

You will learn literally everything there is to know about digital marketing. On top of that Madwire believes in overpaying its talent. If those two things weren't great enough, they've handled the COVID crisis like nobody else has and the culture is phenomenal. You may see some reviews of bad apples that are sour because they've gone rotten, but those people usually just don't have the drive to compete here or at any other agency. Our CEO also took a firm stand on increasing diversity and even created a diversity committee lead by the employees of the company. Madwire is a unique experience because it's a family owned company that's as large as some private corporations. I know all of the family members quite well and there's no feeling of entitlement or arrogance surrounding any of them. I do plan to start my own business some day, but until then or even after then, I will be with Madwire.

Cons

This is a pro that feels like a con, but it must be addressed. Madwire changes often. Some of these changes happen quickly and can feel uncomfortable, although usually 3 months after the uncomfortability, you can clearly see why a change was made and why it is beneficial to the team. For example we switched phone providers and systems in January and it was a clunky transition at first. If we had not made this change however, we would have not been able to have people working from home during the pandemic without using their personal lines. That's just one example, but it paints a clear enough picture.

June 25, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

So grateful for you and your honest review/feedback/advice here. You embody the type of person required to build a championship team. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and provide some encouragement during an especially challenging time. We are blessed to have people on our team such as yourself.

"No Better Place to Work"

Current Employee - Content Marketing Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Frankly, Madwire cares about its employees. If you do your job, you can work wherever you want, whenever you want. That kind of freedom is priceless. The benefits are great. The people are greater. Leadership is greatest of all. You have to spend your life working; why not spend it making a difference in the lives of others through helping small businesses grow and prosper?

Cons

Like every other place of employment, there's politics. You have to play the game to move up.

May 20, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the feedback and shout outs. We appreciate all your hard work.

"20+ year sales professional- Madwire has been the best company to work for! Period!"

Current Employee - Payment Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Effort is generously compensated! Culture and Management are top notch!! The vision and progressive nature is what separates this unique team.

Cons

Although not a con for me, hard work, grit, and dedication is what is needed in this role.

May 19, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for this feedback! I really appreciate it!

"Dont Let The Negative Reviews Fool You, Here You Reap What You Sow"

Current Employee - Marketing in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

You can work your way up. You will be challenged. You will be rewarded. The people around you really care about you. Anyone leaving poor reviews probably wanted a job that they could just punch the clock without truly having to apply themselves to their trade.

Cons

There are so many high performers, if you aren't you will be left in the dust.

July 6, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for the feedback and advice. We take pride in the work being challenging, but extremely rewarding. So thanks for sharing that!

"Genuine Review"

Current Employee - PAYMENTS in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team collaboration, lack of micro-management, constant opportunities to both learn new things and help create them, open culture, working with people who genuinely care for the business and each other, and are dedicated to excellence.

Cons

Working in an open environment can lead to lots of background noise and constant stimulus, and lack of privacy. But it's also helpful for that collaboration. Sometimes communication can be dis-organized, due to the plethora of platforms on which we all communicate. But, we make it work!

Continue reading

"Proud to Work For Madwire During Uncertain Times"

Current Employee - Content Specialist in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

My experience at Madwire has been empowering and fulfilling for sure. Adapting to all the changes and growth within the Social Media Department and my current new position has been challenging, but mostly just amazing to be a part of. I feel like, as a company, Madwire has provided me with confidence and rewarded me whenever possible for my hard work, dedication, and loyalty to our mission. Overall the heart of this company, it's CEOs, employees, and everyone involved in the decision making process, is genuinely supportive and good.

Cons

Communication between departments, within my own department, and within the company as a whole from the top down is always something that can be improved upon, but with the challenges we face now working remotely, I think we all are integrating little things here and there to improve on that communication piece.

April 30, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you! Much appreciated. And we'll continue to work to improve communiation as we always have.

"Great local company"

Current Employee - Marketing Consultant in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for less than a year

Pros

Still family owned, competitive pay and opportunities for growth.

Cons

None really, the company values its employees and their relationship with the local community.

March 30, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you!

"Not an easy job - but a rewarding one"

4.0
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time for more than a year

Pros

The People The Impact The Culture The Compensation (over time)

Cons

Rapid Changes Internally & Day to Day Tough Clients (Mostly small businesses) Limited Promotion Opportunities Commission Takes Time To Ramp Up

July 22, 2020Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for the feedback and advice! Much appreciated! We'll make sure everyone understands the future vision and how they play an important role in that.

Found 306 reviews