Madwire Reviews | Glassdoor

4.7
Madwire Co-Founders & Co-CEOs Joe Kellogg & JB Kellogg
Joe Kellogg & JB Kellogg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "positive and fun work environment" (in 28 reviews)

• "Your hard work will get recognized" (in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "The company is growing too fast and new ME's just can't grow their books quick enough" (in 16 reviews)

• "Luckily there is a lot of training and support from peers it makes it easier to keep up with the fast paced environment" (in 14 reviews)

1. "It's All About Mindset"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Madwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There is no better sales training out there. You learn a ton, not just about marketing, but also about sales. There isn't a better company to work for if you are not already well established in your career. The ramp up time makes a career switch difficult, but if you aren't established you'd be a fool to not take this opportunity.
    Why work for Madwire (also known as Marketing 360)?
    1) The people. From the top down there is a solid group of people. The leadership is second to none, and the people you work with will make every day a great day.
    2) Opportunity for growth. The companies growing, if you can stick with it, you can grow with the company.
    3) The product actually helps businesses and is something you can feel good to stand behind. You get to make a difference every day with the work you do. You are able to feel PROUD to be a Madwire employee.

Cons

The ramp up time can be hard. I didn't make it past 6 months because of it, just come in with the right mindset and you will be ok. If you think your a super stud that will be able to blow by the ramp up time and start making money immediately, you are wrong. It takes time and it takes patience. If those aren't virtues you hold, than this may not be the place for you. You need to be prepared for a tough first year, if you come in with that mindset, you will be successful. I only made it for 6 months and am still giving this company a 5 star rating. If you got some guts and are able to hustle, you better join this company; it's a true unicorn.

Advice to Management

Pedal to the metal. Keep the quest for world dominance alive and well. The Inside Sales team (Marketing Consultants) are rocking it, but couldn't an outside sales team knocking on doors also drive additional sales?

Sep 27, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for the awesome feedback! Much appreciated. I agree, the inside sales team (Marketing Consultants) are amazing. We have considered an outside team, but it's not been needed since our lead flow... More

2. "Positives and negatives"

I have been working at Madwire full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work if you enjoy misogyny and rape jokes.

Cons

Not for you if you don’t appreciate misogyny or rape jokes.

3. "Takes you to the next level!"

I have been working at Madwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-This job is an incubator for success. You'll quickly learn many things that are useful in the business world and in life. I've developed a skill set in my 9.5 months working here that would have taken me years to develop at another company. At Madwire the sky is the limit, literally.

-I have no doubt the skills and knowledge I've gained at Madwire will play a significant role in my own business ventures and success.

-You have an ability to learn from any department and the best part is, this is encouraged. I can learn video editing, coding, and marketing all in a days work if I wanted to, amazing.

Cons

-If you are not open to constant change and learning, this company may not be for you. You have to learn to get comfortable with the uncomfortable at times which can be hard, but is also why you'll learn so much so fast working here.

-Stressful position at times.

Advice to Management

-Keep the positive energy and helping us improve as we grow!

-For those of us who have bad months numbers-wise, it'd be really awesome to have a training/incubator within our departments to improve/get back to the green.

Sep 27, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for the valuable feedback! We appreciate your advice/ideas and continue to do those things and put more on-going training into action.

4. "Great Environment, Great People, Great Company"

Current Employee - Content Creator
    Current Employee - Content Creator

I have been working at Madwire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Everyone was really friendly to me from the very beginning. During my interview, my current boss said that "we work hard and we play hard" and that statement couldn't be more true. The environment is very autonomous, allowing you to choose what tasks you tackle at what point during the day, but we also have a lot of opportunities to have fun! There are always people throwing nerf darts, corny jokes, and the parties we have to celebrate our success are unreal.

Cons

This is not the type of environment where you can sit back and enjoy the ride. You need to be constantly challenging and pushing yourself to be at your best, which is not always ideal for some people. Additionally, the culture of the company is pretty laid back, so someone used to suits and ties may not feel comfortable.

Advice to Management

Keep chopping wood! You guys are awesome, and I love that you make yourselves seen in the company. My parents who worked in the corporate world for 30+ years are always surprised when I mention that one of the CEOs was in my interview or was walking around the office handing out ice cream. You guys rock!

Sep 27, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you! We are successful because we have people like you on our team!

5. "Great Place. Wonderful People. Exceptional Culture"

I have been working at Madwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been working at Madwire for about 8 months now and have nothing but positive things to say about the business. The work can be difficult at times, but you never feel like you're alone. There's a concrete support system in place and your fellow coworkers are all there and willing to help. I would definitely recommend anyone who values culture and hard work to pursue employment at Madwire.

Cons

The worst thing I've experienced at Madwire is just your 'typical' rough day. The work can feel pretty overwhelming at times and can be difficult to keep up with, but those around you are always willing to lend a hand when you need it. They do promote keeping a good work/life balance, but doing so can be difficult at times with what needs to get done. For the most part, I've found that I can stay on top of things and not have to worry about work during my time off.

Oct 10, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you for the honest feedback! The work is indeed hard, but very rewarding.

6. "A Good Start and Education"

Former Employee - Marketing Consultant in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Madwire full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-A great place to start a career if you are interested in digital marketing
    -Leadership is super friendly and the people you work with are awesome
    -You learn a lot about marketing and dealing with business owners
    -Just an all around great culture

Cons

- Money. They talk about ramp up, but your making 40-50k your first year, probably less than 20k your first 6 months
    -After the first year you do ok. 60k or so, Fort Collins keeps getting more and more expensive though.

Advice to Management

-Don't let Madwire become a training pump and dump for great digital marketing talent.

Sep 27, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thanks for the feedback! With regards to income potential, we track what companies in our region pay for similar positions and are consistently higher. In many positions, significantly higher. That... More

7. "The Best Organization I Have Ever Been A Part Of."

Current Employee - Marketing Executive
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive

I have been working at Madwire full-time

Pros

- The work we set out to do every day.
    - The individuals you get to work alongside every day.
    - There is an opportunity to learn, grow, and make a difference every single day at Madwire.
    - Where else can you play flag football with your CEO and CMO...seriously?

Cons

There are no cons. We work hard day in and day out but that is the requirement for what we've set out to do.

Sep 7, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you! See you on the flag football field!

8. "Horrid"

Pros

If you like belonging to a cult that is brain dead

Cons

If you want to be put in a coma do the training

Advice to Management

Gain class

Oct 10, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

We're sorry you feel this way. The feedback we get about our training program is consistently strong and positive. So we apologize it was not positive for you. We'll continue to listen to feedback... More

9. "Rocket Ship Startup Done Right"

Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Marketing Executive in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- A company that genuinely cares about their employees as individuals
    - Surrounded by driven like minded and motivated people
    - Continual drive to compete and achieve excellence
    - Fantastic support network and team structure
    - Wide array of opportunities for both lateral and vertical moves

Cons

- Not really a con, but fast paced technology (if your not used to it it can be a con).

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, I see both our CEO and CFO on a daily basis and have regular conversations with them. Leaderships doors are always open and they welcome any opportunity for feedback, or to provide advice.

Sep 7, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you! Always enjoy the real-time feedback, collaboration and daily conversations with everyone on how we can get better and help businesses grow.

10. "I'm myself here, and we get work done!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Madwire full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Culture is made up of individuality; Madwire allows me to thrive by putting my strengths to work to elevate skills I offer
    -Everyone is on the same team here, we really are a family fighting towards a common mission
    -I haven't met a someone yet outside of Madwire with better benefits within an office i.e. independence of work, outlets for relationships to thrive, parties to celebrate our work, great leadership who serve!

Cons

-Our pace is fast, so it's important to ask questions and quickly learn from your mistakes.

Advice to Management

Keep it up, learn to scale our biggest values. Execution Excellence, culture, service, family

Sep 7, 2018 – Co-Founder & Co-CEO

Thank you! Really appreciate the positive feedback!