Magneti Marelli Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Magneti Marelli Interview Questions

Updated Apr 22, 2017

2.7

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli.

Interview

Well thought out interview process with good feedback. It seemed like a good company. I think they could be a good match for the first time worker. They can be a good place to work.

Controller and IT Portfolio Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Auburn Hills, MI) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview with the contract house initially, then a telephone interview with the HR Representative. She presented my resume to the hiring manager and then an onsite interview with the ICT Director and HR Representative. The third manager did not show. The interview lasted about 45 minutes. HR Representative had standard interview questions. Ie. "What are your long term goals." While the ICT Director was more technical in his questions. There were times it was hard to understand his English. But I was able to get through the interview.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard interview questions and as well as technical. The director seemed to focus on specific areas of the role and not the entire role when trying to ensure that I had the necessary experience.   1 Answer

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pulaski, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Pulaski, TN) in January 2016.

Interview

The first interview was a phone interview pertaining to my application. Two days later, a different company recruiter contacted me on a cold call, She saw my Linkedin profile, thought I would be a good fit and wanted to know if I'd be interested in applying for one of their openings. I thought this was a good sign that my phone interview went well plus they liked my resume and profile enough to call me on a cold call.

The company arranged to fly me to Pulaski at their expense, the rental car was my expense plus an over night stay at their expense. The email, which I printed and took with me, had instructions to prepare for a 2 hour interview with the potential of running over to 3 hours. In reality, they talked to me for, at most, 15 minutes and asked simple questions based on my resume in their hands.

After returning home, I received an email stating they had decided to not extend an offer because I had no experience in the automotive industry, which was clearly obvious before they invited me down. Make of this what you will, the final question I was asked over the phone was "What is your birth date"?

Interview Questions

• What does 8D stand for?
      What Six sigma projects did you work on?
      Give me an example of how you trained people to use quality tools.
      2 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli in June 2015.

Interview

Simple over-the-phone interview, an HR representative and two functional managers were on the line. After introductions, the HR representative went over a brief company history, then some of the local site details. We discussed the job description, and why the position was available.
    In the next portion of the interview I was asked to go over my educational background and my work experience. It was very open ended, not a lot of direction. Lasted a total of 15 minutes.

Overall, I didn't like the structure of the interview. It felt rushed, poorly thought out, and seemed to be a poor method for screening potential applicants.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auburn Hills, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Auburn Hills, MI) in May 2015.

Interview

1 hour interview with resume review, basic questions and short technical quiz. Sat at a group table with an HR rep, engineer and manager. Technical quiz was about basic electronics and transistors. Other questions included my reasons for wanting to join MM and the automotive industry. The interview was overall calm and pleasant.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houghton, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Houghton, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Only one technical interview. The whole process lasts about 1 hour. Technical review regarding almost everything on my resume and asked me technical knowledge about related to engines and controls. The interview is pretty good and the interviewer is nice.

Interview Questions

• 1. Ask about projects experience, ask almost everything on resume
      2. Engine fundamental knowledge
      3. Controls fundamental knowledge
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Sanford, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

The maintenance manager and the Hr manager were both present for the interview. they proceeded to ask me about my experiences which i had mentioned in my resume. they took particular notice of a couple of them and asked me further questions till they were satisfied. they then asked me if i would require relocation assistance and then finished off the interview by taking me on a plant tour.

Program Manager Interview

Interview

minimum of two rounds .quite easy hiring process .involvement of italy isthere to finalize the candidate positon and salaries.got to be welversed with the responsibilities ability to take aditional responsibilities and felxible

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Troy, MI) in December 2013.

Interview

Was technical and also general questions? Was a one time with a Manager and then with the Director. Was straight forward questions. Quizzed about the software development skills and general presentation skills

Master Scheduler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sanford, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magneti Marelli (Sanford, NC) in September 2013.

Interview

The company was looking for a master scheduler an HR associate contacted me about the position she found my resume on career builder. I already have a job and although I wasn't looking for jobs I agreed to interview with them. I had to interview on 3 different occasions, I had to take a half day from work to be able to interview. After the final interview with the plant manager they told they would get back but I never received a call or an email. I understand that they might have found a better candidate but they could have been more respectful. The HR associate and HR manager did not reply back to my emails or my phone calls. All it takes is 30 seconds to inform me that they found another candidate. I invested several hours in interviewing with this company and they did not have the courtesy to let me know what was happening, I am glad that they decided not to hire me,very unprofessional!