Magnolia Bakery Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 21, 2017

1.4

Interviews for Top Jobs at Magnolia Bakery

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

really easy, just asked a few questions, and then fill out paper work right on the spot. It was mostly just seeing home much experience I had, but it was okay that i didn't have much, because you have to go through their training

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied to open interviews. Just walked in, filled out an application, and sat down for an interview. Very pleasant and easy interview. The questions were just standard experience questions, and hypotheticals. I was expected to show enthusiasm about bakeries in general, and about providing excellent costumer service. Interviewer told me she wanted to move forward with me immediately after the interview, and I received the formal offer by email about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with an aggressive costumer?

What is your idea of good costumer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (Chicago, IL).

Interview

I applied in person just filled out a application and handed it to the cashier. I got a call a few days later and went in for the interview. It was laid back and easy. The person who interviewed me just asked the basic questions. I got a job offer on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite cupcake? What do you think you need to work on?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Very easy and quick interview process. The interviewer I had was very friendly and only eased the process along. The interview itself was about 15 minutes but it took a lot more time just waiting to be interviewed since it was an open call.

Interview Questions

• Really standard interview questions. There was nothing out of the norm nor stood out about the questions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was asked basic interview questions, have you worked with food, give an example of a time you dealt with a difficult customer and how you handled it, give an example of a time you received great customer service.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience working with food?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (New York, NY) in February 2013.

Interview

It was super laid back easiest interview ever. He was more interested in the color of my nail polish than my work history. He also noticed my I had a culinary arts degree but still offered me 9.50 an hour.

Interview Questions

• What flavor cupcake is your favorite?
      What shows do you watch in tv?
      What do know about magnolia bakery?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview at the HQ. Asked simple questions and if you had any experience working with food and customers. Very relaxed interview. They told you were you would be working and when they would get back to you.

Interview Questions

• everything is pretty straight forward there were no hard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation since it was my first job

Counter Staff Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Magnolia Bakery in September 2011.

Interview

I applied in person and handed in my application to a branch manager. I waited a couple of days for a response before I called corporate for a follow up. They lost my application. I had to give the man on the phone some of my basic information so he could schedule an interview. He emailed me another copy of the application to fill out and send back to him so he could give it to his boss. I filled it out again but I brought an extra copy to my interview just in case. I interviewed with his boss (the Director of Human Resources) a couple days later. She also lost my application. She was very nice but I was already getting the idea that they weren't very organized. She asked me a little bit about myself and asked how I would deal with customers in certain situations. If a customer was angry or dissatisfied, what would I do? She asked me mostly about what I thought good customer service meant. She went on to talk about how that customer service is the priority of the business.

My first impressions led me to believe that everyone is really nice but that they are really disorganized. They also seemed like they would hire just about anybody. There doesn't seem to be any way that they select certain people for the job. It seemed really cool and casual, but maybe too casual...

Interview Questions

• Give a specific example of a situation you have had with customer and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   Answer Question