MaineHealth Interview Questions | Glassdoor

MaineHealth Interview Questions

Interviews at MaineHealth

Lab Technician Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth.

Interview

I applied to a position online as an external applicant and it took 4 weeks to receive an interview. The interview was at the research institute and was very casual. I was not asked the typical strengths, weaknesses, etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict you had with a colleague or peer and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth in May 2015.

Interview

I had a Skype interview as I was unable to travel to Maine to interview in person. Interviewers were very nice and eased my nerves. Slight technical difficulties with Skype.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Portland, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

I had contacted MaineHealth personally and from then applied online and then had interviews with various members. They let me know soon after and I had to attend pretty unnecessary training that had nothing to do with me, and mostly to do with Maine Medical Center employees (information about dealing with patients etc.) Overall this was a smooth interviewing process until I had already been hired and had to deal with Human Resources which was a complete disaster.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth (New York, NY) in April 2018.

Interview

I applied and was contacted within a few days regarding salary negotiations. After that, I was called about two weeks later and scheduled an interview for the day after. Very easy! I was then told I had got the position two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What was one experience where you were a leader?   1 Answer

Administrative Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Portland, ME) in March 2018.

Interview

The interview process was pretty straight forward. I got a call from one of the department heads to have an initial phone interview and go over the scope of the job, she then setup an in person interview for the following week. I met with 4 ladies, all were very nice. Your basic questions- nothing too intense, but I was a little confused at the end of the interview when one of the women walked out without a goodbye- I took that as a sign and assumed I probably didn't get the job: ) Obviously the job wasn't meant to be, but what gets me is when a company (especially one as large as this) doesn't have the decency to send a simple email or letter saying "thanks for interviewing...we've gone with someone else", that just seems like the appropriate way to handle a prospect who took the time to come in and interview.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize when you're dealing with 3-4 different supervisors who all need different things done at the same time?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle stress?   Answer Question

Housekeeper Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Belfast, ME) in April 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview the day after I saw and applied on line for this position. A week later I was interviewed. The reason they called me so soon after applying was because I had worked at my previous job for 6 years straight out of High School. I was not hired but it was because there was more to the job than I was qualified to do.

Interview Questions

• They asked me where I saw the job advertised.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Portland, ME) in October 2014.

Interview

The first step in the process is a prescreening phone interview with a recruiter and then a phone interview with the hiring manager and two other members of the team the individual would be working under or with.

Interview Questions

• How would I like to be trained on the aspects of the job.   1 Answer

Program Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Portland, ME) in October 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by the program manager directly via e-mail and we set up an in-person interview. I was told two other members from the team would be there and that this was the first round. The interview was one of the best I've ever had. We were able to have more of a conversation than just bombarding me with questions. Although, I noticed some weren't writing down my answers which concerned me a little. They gave me a time frame of when they would let candidates know about a second interview which would be the following week. That week passed and I followed up via email twice to get an update as I was in the middle of looking for jobs and really wanted to know if this was still an option. Two months went by with NO ANSWER until I finally received a generic computer-generated email from MaineHealth's talent acquisition that I was not chosen. I'm sure they chose someone internal, as they often do. It is so impersonal that the person you are in contact with cannot send you a personalized response about their decision with the option to get feedback. They get to interview a bunch of people because they can let their computer system deal with the difficult part of denying someone the position. This place feels impossible to get into unless you have a direct connection.

Interview Questions

• What is a work place policy that you have disagreed with?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, ME

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Portland, ME) in January 2017.

Interview

stringent screening, tough questions, very behavioral based interviewing techniques, lots of phone communication, 4 rounds of panel interviews, asked for several samples of previous work, need to persist with the hiring team when they do not get back to you

Interview Questions

• how would you rate your ability to manage mul;tiple competing demands?   Answer Question

Patient Navigator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Intervale, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaineHealth (Intervale, NH) in May 2018.

Interview

Got a phone call to arrange an interview with video meeting option; I chose to meet in person, but did not get called for a second interview (I am qualified in an overlapping professional area that the hospital does not hire full time).

Interview Questions

• If I had any questions for them.   1 Answer