Major League Baseball (MLB) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Major League Baseball (MLB) Interview Questions

Interviews at Major League Baseball (MLB)

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was reached out to by a recruiter for multimedia engineering.

Had a recruiter phone screen where he told me about the role and asked me about my background.

A few days later I was set up for a technical screen. Not to bad, mostly data structures and a coding question or two.

I was brought onsite and the process was fairly seamless.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

I had two phone screens, and a 5 hour onsite interview that consisted of hour long rounds with two people per round. Know your data structures very well and make sure you have cool projects to talk about.

Interview Questions

• Since I was coming from school they asked a lot about coursework, projects, and work at internships. Know about OO, Data Structures, Scaling, Unit Testing etc   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online for the SF office and got an email from recruiter a few days later. I live about 2 hours away so she let me know up front there was no relocation package available. Phone conversation with her went well, she was very pleasant. Scheduled a phone interview with a senior developer, was asked core Java, Oracle questions. About a week later, onsite interview, 3 separate one on ones with developers, short coding exercises in Java on pass by value and recursion. I was asked questions about databases, did some whiteboard coding, asked to create a database connection. A week later, I'm emailed about setting up a time to talk to the hiring manager. In the phone call with him, he said they would be extending an offer and asked how much I wanted. I told him a number and he said he could get me to that and it might be a little less, and names his number. Then he goes on a long explanation about how I shouldn't split hairs over money because this would be a really great opportunity for me. I asked if they would offer any signing bonus since there was no relocation assistance and he responds "well you're not that good". A few days later, another recruiter contacts me out of NY, asks how much I want and goes through standard HR questions. I tell her the same number that I told the hiring manager. Another week later, she calls me up and says we have an offer for you, and it's (less than what hiring manager told me he could get me). I told her I had a conversation with the hiring manager and he had named a number which was higher, her response is "oh he told me this was what you wanted". I reminded her of our conversation and said I had told him the exact same number. The next day they send the official offer letter over, I respond saying I will move forward if they give me what he had previously suggested. At this point she responds almost immediately saying that my offer had been rescinded.

Interview Questions

• Core java, explain interfaces and abstract classes, write a recursive method, explain inner and outer joins, explain RESTful web services.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

it's quick responding by them after I applied the job online and for set up interview thru email and included details.
    it's very quick and helpful to candidates. I like the process in this company...

Application

Interview

Around 1 hour long technical screen sharing interview followed by a 4 hour on site visit to NY. Sounds like an interesting position and a smart, friendly team. However, the interviews were poorly planned and communication afterwards was truly terrible. That kinda ruined an otherwise nice interview experience.

Interview Questions

• I would recommend studying OO design, scaling, databases lite, and to be prepared to discuss your philosophy on testing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, heard back from a recruiter requesting to do a phone screen. Set up a time, and then never heard from them. Emailed the recruiter with no response. Good job.

Interview Questions

• What time are you available?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

One day, about 3 hours, met with 4-5 people. Each person had their own questions. Wasn't really any code testing, mostly just conversational about my experience and my career goals. Each person was from a different team.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked with Node.js?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB).

Interview

Standard interview process. Initial recruiter call, followed by a technical phone screen and culminating with several onsite interviews. You'll meet with other engineers and managers of teams that are interested in hiring you.

The engineers there were are friendly and seemed collaborative.

The negative experience comes from the recruiting team, the recruiter made an effort to emphasize that decisions and responses were made within a business day. However, in actuality, I never got any feedback

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone interview which took around 30 to 45 minutes. Then I was invited for an onsite interview which consisted of 4 hour long interviews, each with 2 people from the engineering team. The questions were a mix of technical questions and talking about projects, experience, etc. The people I interviewed with were all pretty friendly.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience, projects. Elevator design question.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Major League Baseball (MLB) (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The first step was a phone screen where I had to write Java and Javascript via Collabedit. The next step was a 5 hour interview, meeting with 2-3 people at a time for 1 hour each. The whiteboarding was generally high-level, and I wasn't asked many highly technical questions (aside from some Javascript syntax problems).

I was told I should receive a response within 48 hours, when in reality, it took more like 5 days. It also took multiple emails and voicemails to get a response. I had offers from other companies on the table, so I did not appreciate being left in the dark.

Interview Questions

• How to design a "contact manager" where contacts are stored in a Java collection (opposed to a SQL database)   Answer Question
    • How to design a SQL database to store contacts   Answer Question