Makosi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makosi Interview Questions

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Makosi.

Interview

I had a face to face after a short intial phone interview. I felt very relaxed with the interviewer and was able to easily communicate at the same level.
    After the interview there were several times I was contacted to follow up on possible roles, and I did not feel forgotten.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY).

Interview

Great structure and process. Not as smooth as non-management consultancies but that is understandable. The questions were direct and smart. A mix of personality, critical thinking, and sharpness should be demonstrated.

Interview Questions

• What is the process to address a regulatory exam that results in below average results for standards?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

Referred by a friend. Initially conducted a phone interview which consisted mainly of understanding the company's background and followed up with a face-to-face. Questions ranged from past experience with project management software applications (i.e. Microsoft Project, SAP, etc.) to the process of actually managing a project from start to finish.

Overall was a positive experience - the HR manager is very personable and it's apparent he's keen on finding the right people for their roles.

Interview Questions

• No unexpected questions really, although I was asked to describe the difference b/w a risk and an issue   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

Two rounds - one over the phone and one in person. The onsite interview consisted of personal and skill set questions (i.e. what does RAID stand for?). Although they usually interview in pairs, for some reason, I had only one interviewer. The individual was very nice and cordial. Nothing overly difficult was asked and I felt comfortable saying that I did not know.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick process wherein I met with one of the associate who did recruiting. Had a good chat with him and a senior associate, and was told that they would move very quickly.

After a week they told me that they were awaiting details from a client, and they forwarded over the details to me to review.

After that? Complete silence. I had to call them again to follow up almost a month later, and they came back with saying that another client might be interested.

Unfortunately I still haven't received a response. It has been close to 2 months and am yet to be told whether or not I will be selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What project management methodologies do you know?   1 Answer

Makosi Response

Aug 26, 2016 – CEO

Our apologies for the experience you had. Please feel free to reach out to either person again and we'd be glad to have a follow up chat.

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makosi in August 2015.

Interview

one phone interview and one quick face to face interview. Asking question about your background. not difficult question, and the person who interviewed me was not from my field so impossible for her to challenge me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

Makosi Response

Apr 6, 2016 – Associate

Hello, we are sorry to hear that. We certainly would like to get to the bottom of these issues and would be happy to chat further. Please get in touch with Talent@Makosi.com.

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

A Makosi recruiter reached out to me when they had a role that matched my skill set. After establishing that I was interested and qualified, a phone interview was set up. After the phone interview, an in-person interview was set up. After interviewing with their client, an offer was made over the phone by senior management.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe the life cycle of a trade in detail.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in September 2012.

Interview

The interview process was easy and straight forward. I was contacted by an Associate at Makosi after applying for a position located through Indeed.com. The Associate and I had a phone interview where we discussed my skill set and experience as a Business Analyst as well as what type of position I was seeking. In addition, she outlined what Makosi does, who their clients are, as well as the benefits they offer to their employees such as training, etc.... The Associate was very pleasant, professional, and easy to talk to. I was advised that my profile would be reviewed by the director and I would be contacted at a later date if they felt I was the right fit. The impression I got is that they interview not only seeking candidates to work for their client's, but as representatives of Makosi. I luckily had mentioned that I would be in town the following week and available for a face to face meeting should a decision be made to continue potential employment discussions. I was contacted to come in for an interview and was able to meet with another associate as well as the Director. I found the interviews to be both comfortable and challenging at the same time. My understanding of Business analysis skills and tools were definitely questioned, but as they should be. The Director explained how they review potential candidates as a team before moving forward to send their profiles to their clients. It is clear that they take this process very seriously and will not just hire any consultants. This process alone demonstrated how Makosi has come to be a leading consulting services provider for financial service institutions and investment banks in the New York area. Makosi's commitment to their clients as well as the furtherance of their employees would make me proud to say I worked for them. I was happy to hear back in a short time that I would be a good candidate for some available positions.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to explain the specific difference between a use case and a case diagram. Although, I was able to describe the details of a use case and am familiar with the term case diagram, I was not able to give a specific answer without being able to refer to the BABOK guide. As a result I had to state that I did not know and asked for a clarification.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com. Received a call from HR person. Interview over the phone and then 1:1 in New York office. Promised a call in two weeks to follow up. It has been 5 weeks and still waiting. They do not answer to follow up emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• The HR person has not knowledge of the actual position and just reads the descriptions to see if the resume matches the profile. They try to sell the "Makosi does project" business line the whole process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with one of the partners. The interview was very short and up to the point. No silly questions such as "what is your biggest weakness". Mostly focused on whether or not one will be a good fit. The main focus tends to be on skills and overall client satisfaction. Overall interview experience was very positive. They are trying to guid their presence among investment banks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in your new job   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy