Makosi Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Makosi Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Quick process wherein I met with one of the associate who did recruiting. Had a good chat with him and a senior associate, and was told that they would move very quickly.

After a week they told me that they were awaiting details from a client, and they forwarded over the details to me to review.

After that? Complete silence. I had to call them again to follow up almost a month later, and they came back with saying that another client might be interested.

Unfortunately I still haven't received a response. It has been close to 2 months and am yet to be told whether or not I will be selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• What project management methodologies do you know?   1 Answer

Aug 26, 2016 – CEO

Our apologies for the experience you had. Please feel free to reach out to either person again and we'd be glad to have a follow up chat.

Employee Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy and I had to travel to the office on three separate occasions. I interviewed with five people in total and took two personality tests. It was definitely the hardest interview I've ever had. You meet with a lot of people who ask you some tough questions. During one of my answers the interviewer challenged me, because he didn't think I was using my imagination...he was right. Everyone was very welcoming and very passionate about the business. I interviewed with CEO who seemed to really embody the company culture. He was especially genuine. The whole process was very professional and even though I did not get the position, I appreciated them taking the time to follow up with me and explain why they went in a different direction. Overall, I have nothing but good things to say about the whole process and what I learned about the company. I ended up accepting another position a couple months later that is truly a perfect fit for me.

Employee Experience Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Initially I was very impressed by Makosi. I met with James in the office back in September and our conversation went very well. He brought in a colleague to meet with me after we finished. James wrapped up the interview and let me know they would be in touch in a day or two. I thought that was extremely fast for feedback, but I was happy to hear that as I was very interested in the role and qualified.

I followed up the following day with a "thank you" email and requested feedback. To my disappointment, I never heard from James. I followed up with a phone call later in the week and then attempted one more time. Still, I have not heard anything from Makosi.

It is very unprofessional in my opinion to bring a candidate in the office for an interview and then never speak a word to them after. They made it clear that I was not selected for the role, however I wish that someone would have had the courage to tell me.

Interview Questions

• He asked general questions about what I have done in the past.   1 Answer
    • I was asked about my availability.   Answer Question

Jan 6, 2016 – Associate

We are very sorry to hear that you had a bad interviewing experience with us. Please reach back out to James who would be very happy to provide comprehensive feedback on your interview process and ... More

Consultant Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Makosi in August 2015.

Interview

one phone interview and one quick face to face interview. Asking question about your background. not difficult question, and the person who interviewed me was not from my field so impossible for her to challenge me on my technical skills.

Interview Questions

Makosi Response

Apr 6, 2016 – Associate

Hello, we are sorry to hear that. We certainly would like to get to the bottom of these issues and would be happy to chat further. Please get in touch with Talent@Makosi.com.

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

Met with one of the partners. The interview was very short and up to the point. No silly questions such as "what is your biggest weakness". Mostly focused on whether or not one will be a good fit. The main focus tends to be on skills and overall client satisfaction. Overall interview experience was very positive. They are trying to guid their presence among investment banks.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important thing in your new job   1 Answer

Negotiation

very easy

Recruiter: Global Markets Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The entire process took 1 week for 3 full rounds of interviews. I met with a total of 4 individuals.
    In brief, the most seamless interview experience I've had.
    I was introduced to the organization by Mr. James Fraser who throughout the entire process was hands on and quick on feedback. He called me almost right after each round to draw my thoughts on the company and the opportunity and communicated and coordinated next steps.
    What was refreshing was that while they were on point with questions assessing skills (i.e. recruitment processes and best practices), there was a consistent theme of pride in the company and the work they did/have done so far. The personality questions were interesting, too.

Senior Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Makosi.

Interview

I had a face to face after a short intial phone interview. I felt very relaxed with the interviewer and was able to easily communicate at the same level.
    After the interview there were several times I was contacted to follow up on possible roles, and I did not feel forgotten.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY).

Interview

Great structure and process. Not as smooth as non-management consultancies but that is understandable. The questions were direct and smart. A mix of personality, critical thinking, and sharpness should be demonstrated.

Interview Questions

• What is the process to address a regulatory exam that results in below average results for standards?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied through Indeed.com. Received a call from HR person. Interview over the phone and then 1:1 in New York office. Promised a call in two weeks to follow up. It has been 5 weeks and still waiting. They do not answer to follow up emails or phone calls.

Interview Questions

• The HR person has not knowledge of the actual position and just reads the descriptions to see if the resume matches the profile. They try to sell the "Makosi does project" business line the whole process.   Answer Question

BA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Makosi (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

A Makosi recruiter reached out to me when they had a role that matched my skill set. After establishing that I was interested and qualified, a phone interview was set up. After the phone interview, an in-person interview was set up. After interviewing with their client, an offer was made over the phone by senior management.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe the life cycle of a trade in detail.   1 Answer