Malwarebytes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Initial screening with recruiter and then technical phone interview with team followed by onsite interview for 4 hours. Overall interview process is well organized. Onsite interview questions measures your exercise problem solving skills rather than practical problem solving abilities. If you're fresh out of college with a computer science degree and remember algorithm time complexity or solving hackerrank exercises regularly with some time complexity concepts chances are you'll do very well.

Interview Questions

• Time complexity of a function   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (Clearwater, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Group Interview with problem solving. Technical questions about development languages and thought processes. Pre-screen First, All day Interview including lunch. Interviewed with 10 people total. Received feedback next day. Offer within week of interview

Interview Questions

• How would you scan a character array with a char value without allocating any memory?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

First a phone interview with the company recruiter. Then the first in-person interview with the hiring manager a team member and another manager. The first in-person interview took about 2 hours. Finally, the last in-person interview with the hiring manage again and another manage. The last in-person interview took about 1 hour.

Interview Questions

• Many technical questions, they wanted to be sure I knew what I said I knew.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (Clearwater, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial Steps included a Phone screen with recruiter, Then a Technical Review via phone to establish technical knowledge with technical questions. Once that stage was complete, then an in person Marathon Technical Screening. Question where hard, what-ifs where asked. Good end-to-end questioning.

Interview Questions

• What are the five application States   2 Answers
    • How can you construct a control loop without allocating memory with a C String   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (San Francisco, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Typical startup interview process of recruiter contact, phone screen, then in-house interview lasting about 5 or 6 hours. Recruiter contacted me the next day with an offer, we went back and forth and ended up where I wanted to be.

Interview Questions

• Basic architecture and coding.   1 Answer

Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (San Jose, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Had a total of 3 phones call with the company before being hired. The first call was with the Technical Support Team Lead and Manager. Then I had a call with the Director of Services. Lastly, interviewed with the Head of HR.

Interview Questions

• The Manager of support asked an extremely specific question regarding a specific brand of laptop running Windows XP where the DVD dive won't read DVDs anymore. Or something around those lines. He wanted to know how it could be fixed.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very simple, I said what I thought the pay should be, they offered below that. I took it.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Malwarebytes.

Interview

Easy process. The first call is with the recruiter and second is an on site interview. You meet with team member, manager, director, and VP. The questions are centered around your experience in sales.

Interview Questions

• They'll ask you to walk them through your sales process and a deal you learned from.   Answer Question

Malwarebytes Response

Feb 25, 2019 – Global Staffing Lead

Thanks for sharing your experience, we're striving to make every candidate experience to be as engaged and interesting as possible. Welcome to Malwarebytes!

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Malwarebytes.

Interview

Panel interview with 6 individuals. 3 team members, 1 manager, 2 directors. Total process took 2 weeks. Very professional, casual attire for in person interview, free beverages and snacks.

Senior Sales Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Malwarebytes in December 2017.

Interview

I talked to two internal recruiters before talking to the hiring manager. The recruiters didn't really get into the requirements of the position. The hiring manager asked almost all technical questions -- there was little conversation about SE experience. I didn't get the sense that he'd spent much time reviewing my resume before our discussion. Also, we did a video call but the hiring manager didn't get on the video, it was just me. I found that a bit unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Explain how the internet works in as much detail as possible.   Answer Question
    • What's the difference between TCP and UDP, and what is UDP used for?   Answer Question
    • If I'm on a Windows machine and I can't access a website, how would you troubleshoot this?   Answer Question
    • On a Windows machine, how would you determine which processes are running? Are you familiar with Sysinternals tools?   Answer Question
    • What are the 7 protection layers Malwarebytes provides?   1 Answer

Director of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Malwarebytes (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Had several phone screening and Informal meetings with senior leadership where we went through situational and relational scenarios. Formal interviews were scheduled post these senior leadership screening , most of the conversation revolved around issues plaguing the organization and how I would go about solving them.

Interview Questions

• Its was a while ago, can't remember specifically what they asked   Answer Question