Margaritaville Hospitality Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 1, 2017

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Margaritaville Hospitality

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality.

Interview

Phone and Skype interviews, four rounds in total. First with recruiter, followed by regional director, then VP of Ops, and finally with VP and President of company.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best choice for this position. Where do you want to be in 3 years.   Answer Question

Kitchen Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality (Myrtle Beach, SC) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with there recruiter, then in person interview with GM, then in person-interview with GM and Regional Director, last phone interview with corporate chef. 1 month process very detailed

Interview Questions

• Work ethic, HACCP experience, priorvwork experience   1 Answer

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Uncasville, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality (Uncasville, CT).

Interview

The interview process took about a month. I was interviewed about 4 different times before i got hired. Each manager took the time to ask you questions and to feel you out. They gave me a pamphlet to read and study. After a week of training and shadowing other bussers, you had to take a test on paper. They tested you on things like what were the job duties and table numbers. After you pass your test, you are officially hired.

Interview Questions

• what do you know about Jimmy Buffet?   1 Answer

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glendale, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality (Glendale, AZ) in September 2013.

Interview

It was very casual and friendly. They didn't emphasize or imply pressure. They simply asked about my work experience and how I would contribute to their team, which they were very proud of, and for good reason.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite thing about being behind the bar?   Answer Question

Host Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality (Orlando, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

In person at restaurant, questions about background and explanation of the role and its responsibilities. Asked if I had ever worked in the restaurant industry before and whether I had full availability for morning and evening shifts.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Myrtle Beach, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality (Myrtle Beach, SC) in May 2012.

Interview

It was very short, and laid back. It was almost garenteed because I knew someone who already worked there. My manager at the time just sort of did it so that it was more formal. I really just told them all of the things I know they wanted to hear. I feel like a monkey could have gotten a job there if they wanted to,

Merchandise Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality (Honolulu, HI) in March 2012.

Interview

Intense but fun, meeting lots of different people. Met and shared experiences with other managers and discussed the position with all top leaders. Quite refreshing to have all involved. I was nervous but everyone made me feel welcome and were interested in what my thoughts and views were. I was hired as an assistant and promoted to General Manager in a year. One of my all time favorite jobs from the very beginning!

Interview Questions

• They asked about my management style.   1 Answer

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality in February 2011.

Interview

Interview was very simple and basic. I went to a job fair and interviewed with the Executive Chef right after I filled out my application. He asked questions such as: tell me about yourself and what is your desired salary? I was called the very next day. They made an offer and we negotiated.

Server Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Margaritaville Hospitality in March 2009.

Interview

the interviewing process was simple. I showed up to a mass hire, had an initial on the spot interview, then was called 2 weeks later saying I had the job. The only tough part about declining the job was the amount of money servers make there in the summertime during tourist season in myrtle beach!

Interview Questions

• tell me about a problem you faced and how you overcame it.   Answer Question