MarineMax Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Interviews for Top Jobs at MarineMax

Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MarineMax (Clearwater, FL) in August 2015.

Interview

Brief phone interview and then one on one interview. The phone interview was the standard process detailing qualifications and duties at previous employers. The in person interview included a personality assessment and a more detailed recount of experience.

Sales Interview

Interview

Took two interviews, which were pretty straight forward and relaxed. Answered some general questions about my previous sales experience and industry knowledge. The entire interview process took about two weeks. Was given the caliber test to determine how I would fit in the organization. All-in-all it was an easy interview.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MarineMax (Clearwater, FL).

Interview

Had a couple of interviews with questions regarding my knowledge of IT Help Desk. Took a caliber test to see if you would fit into the company (usually happens if they are generally interested in hiring you). Pretty relaxed interview process.

Marine Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarineMax (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2011.

Interview

I meet the service manager with my experience history and reference. We discussed the job requirements and rate of pay. I had to wait for a background check and drug test. The process took around two weeks. I watched videos about the companies procedures, goals and resources.

Interview Questions

• What my previous salary was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Make sure you don't under sale yourself.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MarineMax (Atlanta, GA) in May 2010.

Interview

Initial interview was on campus. Second interview was conducted by a regional recruiter who also requested I take a "Caliper Profile" written personality test. The third interview was completed by the regional president, after which I was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions. The managers like answers that show your competitive spirit.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I took the first offer. This role is largely commission based and you can easily earn over $100K.

Yard Interview

Anonymous Employee in Somers Point, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at MarineMax (Somers Point, NJ) in September 2009.

Interview

when can you start

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buford, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MarineMax (Buford, GA) in November 2008.

Interview

Initial consultation with Manager over the phone. Invited to come to the store and talk for about an hour. Invited a second time and spent 2 hours talking, went to lunch and took a caliber test. Offered job a week later.

Interview Questions

• The caliper test was challenging. No difficult questions to answer, just some specific questions about why I wanted to work there, what my situation is, etc.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was really no negotiation.