Market America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.3

Product Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Phone Interview. In-person interview. Drug test. They asked easy questions, and seemed more interested in getting bodies in the door than really vetting employees to thoroughly. I did a phone interview first, and the people in the dept. were nice enough to tell me when they walked me out where they did their drug tests like hint hint. So that was nice.

Interview Questions

• Soft-ball questions. They asked easy questions about the job. They didn't ask anything too complicated.   1 Answer

Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in October 2016.

Interview

Very informal and easy. Did not make you feel nervous at all. The questions were straight to the point. They wanted to know about you and not what your skills were.

Interview Questions

• Why would you chose Market America?   1 Answer

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

Met with Hr then director of marketing. First was a phone interview with HR the. One on one with leaders. Then on to drug test and background check. After you pass everything they call you and you meet with Executive and dicuss pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your expectations? Tell me about yourself. What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market America in April 2016.

Interview

Phone Screen then met in person. The HR department and the people there made me feel very welcome. I felt like I was having a conversation with friends vs. being drilled with 20 questions. We talked about my likes and dislikes.

Interview Questions

• It was more of a convesation   1 Answer

Director of Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market America in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the HR Recruiter (she was a very pleasant woman), followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and one of his direct reports. The interview seemed to go well and I was advised by the Recruiter that in order to move forward to the next phase of the interview process, they would need a list of my references. I provided several professional references, a personal reference and pointed them to the 18 recommendations I have listed on my LinkedIn. One of my references advised me they were contacted and provided a reference for me and was advised by a Recruiter, "We are in the processes of moving forward with her." I'm sure all of my other there reference were positive, as I have a stellar professional track record. However, I never heard back from the Recruiter or hiring manager, even after a couple of follow attempts.

I found this very unprofessional and I'm inclined to believe this is a reflection of how the organization operates. Nonetheless, the process was fruitful as I was offered an awesome employment opportunity by one of my references they contacted, as a result of them finding out from them that I was available and seeking new employment.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with/for very difficult and demanding people?   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Only got a phone interview with the company after talking with a recruiter. I talked with four(?) people at the same time. The interview started with me discussing my interests, then developed into discussing my education. I then had to elaborate on projects I had worked on during my education and given an opportunity to ask any questions. Once the interview was over, I was contacted by my recruiter and given a coding assignment to work on and submit. The assignment was vague and after my first submission I was contacted about additional things I could do with the assignment. After submitting a second version, I was told by my recruiter that they weren't going to hire me.

Coldfusion Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

I interviewed back they were just starting their big hiring phase. Back then, they had a couple great people in management and were focused on getting in people they could shape. Now, they try to give hard interviews because they think there's a lot of worthless developers they are stuck with, completely unrealizing that all of their problems with some developers is their own fault caused by extremely low morale and extreme limitation of everyone's potential, in some cases awesome potential and ability... Do not take a job here. They are completely underserving of awesome talent they seek. They are underserving of even mediocre talent. Take the developer's reviews to heart. They are not lying.

ColdFusion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

When I interviewed with Market America, I was placed into a meeting room with the architecture team and the potential manager that I would be working for. I was asked a series of logical/IT questions; and a series of questions about my previous work experience and employers. After leaving the interview, I was unsure of where i stood with the position. But later (after they had interviewed other candidates) I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• You have two buckets. One holds exactly five gallons and the other three gallons. How can you measure exactly four gallons of water into the five gallon bucket?

Assume you have an unlimited supply of water and that there are no measurement markings of any kind on the buckets.   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

HR asked my project management experience at the beginning before I was able to introduce myself. She told me she will have manager to decide if to contect me further. However, there is no feedback at all.......... I think feedback is just a simple mail you can sent out to show respect...

Senior Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewers were friendly. They were not familiar with my language/ didn't do due diligence so most of the questions were arbitrary riddles. They require you to build an application in your chosen language before the face-to-face interview.

Interview Questions

• How much dirt is in a 6x6x6 hole?   1 Answer