Market America Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Market America Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.5

Marketing Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

Met with Hr then director of marketing. First was a phone interview with HR the. One on one with leaders. Then on to drug test and background check. After you pass everything they call you and you meet with Executive and dicuss pay and benefits.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your expectations? Tell me about yourself. What experience do you have?   Answer Question

Director of Events Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market America in February 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening with the HR Recruiter (she was a very pleasant woman), followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager and one of his direct reports. The interview seemed to go well and I was advised by the Recruiter that in order to move forward to the next phase of the interview process, they would need a list of my references. I provided several professional references, a personal reference and pointed them to the 18 recommendations I have listed on my LinkedIn. One of my references advised me they were contacted and provided a reference for me and was advised by a Recruiter, "We are in the processes of moving forward with her." I'm sure all of my other there reference were positive, as I have a stellar professional track record. However, I never heard back from the Recruiter or hiring manager, even after a couple of follow attempts.

I found this very unprofessional and I'm inclined to believe this is a reflection of how the organization operates. Nonetheless, the process was fruitful as I was offered an awesome employment opportunity by one of my references they contacted, as a result of them finding out from them that I was available and seeking new employment.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle working with/for very difficult and demanding people?   Answer Question

Web UI Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

Only got a phone interview with the company after talking with a recruiter. I talked with four(?) people at the same time. The interview started with me discussing my interests, then developed into discussing my education. I then had to elaborate on projects I had worked on during my education and given an opportunity to ask any questions. Once the interview was over, I was contacted by my recruiter and given a coding assignment to work on and submit. The assignment was vague and after my first submission I was contacted about additional things I could do with the assignment. After submitting a second version, I was told by my recruiter that they weren't going to hire me.

Coldfusion Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

I interviewed back they were just starting their big hiring phase. Back then, they had a couple great people in management and were focused on getting in people they could shape. Now, they try to give hard interviews because they think there's a lot of worthless developers they are stuck with, completely unrealizing that all of their problems with some developers is their own fault caused by extremely low morale and extreme limitation of everyone's potential, in some cases awesome potential and ability... Do not take a job here. They are completely underserving of awesome talent they seek. They are underserving of even mediocre talent. Take the developer's reviews to heart. They are not lying.

ColdFusion Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC).

Interview

When I interviewed with Market America, I was placed into a meeting room with the architecture team and the potential manager that I would be working for. I was asked a series of logical/IT questions; and a series of questions about my previous work experience and employers. After leaving the interview, I was unsure of where i stood with the position. But later (after they had interviewed other candidates) I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• You have two buckets. One holds exactly five gallons and the other three gallons. How can you measure exactly four gallons of water into the five gallon bucket?

Assume you have an unlimited supply of water and that there are no measurement markings of any kind on the buckets.
      Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

HR asked my project management experience at the beginning before I was able to introduce myself. She told me she will have manager to decide if to contect me further. However, there is no feedback at all.......... I think feedback is just a simple mail you can sent out to show respect...

NonManagement Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

Phone screen with HR, phone screen with manager, in person with manager, job offer by phone from HR. The people in the office that I met during/after the interview didn't say anything negative about the company, but they gave hints about the difficult work environment. Everyone looked depressed, worn down, and not at all happy to be there. I quickly found out why.

Interview Questions

• They didn't really ask many questions, just told me about the job and that it would be a "challenging" environment with a "high noise level." They weren't joking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They gave me the $$ I requested, but beware, when you start they try to give you just ONE week of PTO, including sick, vacation, and personal days. That's five days for sick, vacation, AND personal days for an entire year.

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Met with one person who was sloppy in appearance, rushed and didn't seem to be very interested. Was shocked I got the job. When I started 2 weeks later, she had been fired.

Release Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Market America (Greensboro, NC) in January 2014.

Interview

Reid Nifong was/is very helpful and very personable. The others I interviewed with didn't seem to have an idea of what they wanted to do or how to do it. There is no clear direction at this company.

Interview Questions

• What Release Management process would you use   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Market America.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. There was only one interview and it was in person with the eventual intern manager/supervisor, who was a pretty cool guy. The interview itself was very informal. They asked the normal questions and went over my resume just asking me to expound on each item. They were especially interested in writing skills pertaining to social media.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you are more social media savvy than the next college student?   Answer Question