Marketing Instincts Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Marketing Instincts Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

2.6

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted via LinkedIn by an internal recruiter asking for a phone interview. We scheduled a day and time only for the phone call to never even come. I understand that companies can be busy and rescheduling interviews is completely understandable...I didn't even get an email asking to reschedule.

Overall I think this reflects the company pretty well considering their reviews are terrible. I'm pretty sure I would've declined an offer if there ever was one.

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Interview process is seamless. Meet with the management of the company and was professional. There was an initial phone interview then in person interview. Sometimes come back for a second interview. Depending on position can be up to 2 hour interview and skill evaluation (some postions). Overall informative about the company and job scope.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and if there was any specific skills toward the particular job then elaborate   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview with our recruiter. I was then scheduled for an on site interview. This was followed up by a 2nd on site interview with two different managers. I felt confident from they're feedback that I was doing well.

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging project and how you resolved it.   1 Answer

Production Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview first and right after they asked if I could come for an onsite. One really good thing is that their own recruiter that they have onsite will accommodate interviews as late as 7pm which is a good thing because you don’t have to take time off if you are employed. I interviewed with 2 friendly ladies (they don’t make you feel like you are getting interrogated and they actually make an effort to make you feel welcomed). They asked me questions about my experience and what they were looking for. They explained to me what their expectations where and then closed it off by saying that they would follow up with me, which they did and I am currently scheduled for a second interview next week.

Interview Questions

• What project management software do you currently use   1 Answer

Graphic Artist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Interview

The first part of the interview involves a 3 part test that accesses your production art capabilities and knowledge of vector art and PMS colors. The 2nd part of the test looks for your expertise at digital art and Photoshop skills. Your art test is graded by a senior artist on the team.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience in the video game industry?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were paying higher than my last position. Also a friend worked here so I knew about the growth of the company which is why I was leaving my last job. The work at my last job was always up and down. I couldn't afford to be called and told not to come in because business was slow. I knew here everything was jumping and plenty of work was always in the pipeline.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Interviewed with Owner and Corporate Recruiter. Both were pleasant to interview with. Interview took place face to face in closed office environment. I have no gripes about MI regarding the interview itself. Only issue I have is that I had received absolutely no response to phone calls or emails to owner and recruiter on follow up. A simple, sorry we have found another candidate would be professional and courteous. With this behavior I can only think that the glassdoor negative reviews regarding this company must have some validity to them. I did witness a couple young employees upset about not getting paid while waiting to be interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Was asked what about my past experience in Marketing. Did not get the usual list of questions you are asked by a company.   Answer Question

Corporate Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Temecula, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Temecula, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very good, fast, pleasant and they are very informative to tell you about the company and the position. CEO is super pleasant. She will let you know what she is looking for in that role, she will ask a few questions and will make a conversation out of it, not just back and forth questions.

Interview Questions

• Apart from my skills, i was asked How soon can you start?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Initial contact was a phone call that lasted about 90 minutes. It was a very productive talk and I was invited to interview in person.

After the initial interview being rescheduled, I made the 80 mile drive down to Temecula to meet with them. I was greeted by a sheepish looking interviewer who explained a key decision maker was in a meeting and might be available later on. I sat talking to to the interviewer for an hour and a half when the aforementioned key decision maker did finally come in but not to greet or even acknowledge me but to get some office supplies and promptly leave the room without so much as a simple hello. My concerns going in had been about this one person that seems to have a disregard for people in the organization (according to glassdoor) and it seems they were confirmed as true.

While I feel somewhat bad for the interviewer having been put in the situation by his superior, my interview should not have been arranged unless it was absolutely certain my time would not be so flagrantly wasted.

I cut the interview and decided to leave. About a week after this, I spoke with the company who asked me to come back down to try the interview again. To save myself another 160 mile round trip I asked what strategy they had in mind with regards to compensation and any potential offer. No reply. All this tells me is that they had no plan for the hiring of this position and no structure in which to see it through. Worst of all, it told me they have an absolute disregard for my time and me as a person.

My advice to others is to not waste your time with this organization and look for a more reputable and professional outfit.

Interview Questions

• A wide array of topics were discussed in the 3+ hours I spent communicating with them   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Interview

I started with a phone screening and was then invited to an in person interview. I met with two people together and was then invited back for a second interview. It was during the second interview that I was offered the job. They were polite and made me feel at ease. And now working with them closely we get along really well.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a project that you couldn't keep on schedule and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marketing Instincts.

Interview

Fairly easy interview process. There is a box of sweat shirts you must manage to put in to piles by "order". Then the regular "Why do you want this job" and they explain there is some driving involved.

Interview Questions

• "Are you available to work overtime daily?"   4 Answers

Negotiation

They were eager to have me help.