Marquette University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 7, 2017

2.6

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very tough interview, but very fair. It started slow with an email, and then a phone screen then a presentation with a panel, then a second and third interview with more faculty.

Interview Questions

• How do your values fit into Marquette's Jesuit tradition.   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very comprehensive. Interviewed with over 20 people including faculty, staff and current students after having a phone interview. I was flown into Milwaukee and stayed overnight for a two day interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process took over 6 months and communication with HR was very poor. Marquette HR put off communication and delayed the initial interview for months. It was near impossible to contact them or get any status updates on the process.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marquette University.

Interview

For the interview process, it was a discussion with several different professors about Marquette and course work. In addition, upon applying to graduate school you are automatically considered for finical aid. The position covers tuition and provides a stipend. After discussion with the professors you can increase your odds of a position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss some of the class specific topics and explain how you would create a different laboratory.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

The hiring process was postive. Had a phone screen with the director, came on site for an hour long interview with the director, then did a half day with the team. Met with the director once more to go over the offer in person.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very intense and interviewed with over 20 professionals. Two day interview including a dinner the night before and interviewed along a continuum of people ranging from students to Deans. I had one on ones as well as interviewing with panels and people from all areas of the University on how I would interact and improve the "Marquette experience" for the students.

The Comptroller's Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers who are from the office. The process was about half an hour. There was no greeter. The interviewers would be an internal audit and an accountant. They probably will ask some accounting questions.

Communications/Advancement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online and shortly after was reached out to for a phone interview. The phone interview went well and I was asked for an in-person interview. In addition to the in-person interview, I was asked to complete a writing assessment. I was asked back for a third interview before I was told that I did not receive the job offer. A lengthy interview process but everyone who I interacted with was nothing short of professional and warm.

Program Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marquette University.

Interview

Standard interview process. First go through round of phone interviews, then in-person interviews. My areas had lots of contact with students, so there were a lot of questions on how I interact with them. The interview itself only took about an hour and was fairly painless, mostly conversational. It's difficult to say how interviews are held university-wide, however, as Marquette (like most universities) is a fairly "silo-ed" place with different departments doing very different things, and needing very different characteristics from their employees.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and received response for a meet and greet via phone within 48 hours. After the meet and greet was complete, I was invited in for a interview, approximately a week later.

Interview Questions

• There was no difficult questions, I prepared for the interview very well, and utilized glass doors website. Question that I was most prepared for was: How do you handle conflict in the workplace?   Answer Question