Marquette University Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 29, 2017

2.6

Advancement Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied in May 2017, but I wasn't available to work until August. Had my initial phone screen that went very well, but then I had some difficulty remaining in touch with the department. I sent a few emails/phone calls that went unanswered, and I assumed I was no longer in the running for a position. Heard back about 2 months later that I was still in the running, so I went in for an informal interview, then a more formal interview. Neither interview was very structured, I asked most of the questions in the second, more formal interview.

Interview Questions

• What are the most important things to you in a work environment?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work here? What are your goals in your next position?   Answer Question
    • What did you like most about your last position? What did you find difficult?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in March 2017.

Interview

The hiring managers were extremely friendly and I was very thankful for the group interview. Each person asked a question and I asked them questions as well. It was about 30 minutes to an hour during the process, and I had an in-person interview after a phone interview. Even though I didn't get the job, it was still a great experience!

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in November 2016.

Interview

Very tough interview, but very fair. It started slow with an email, and then a phone screen then a presentation with a panel, then a second and third interview with more faculty.

Interview Questions

• How do your values fit into Marquette's Jesuit tradition.   1 Answer

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very comprehensive. Interviewed with over 20 people including faculty, staff and current students after having a phone interview. I was flown into Milwaukee and stayed overnight for a two day interview.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

The hiring process took over 6 months and communication with HR was very poor. Marquette HR put off communication and delayed the initial interview for months. It was near impossible to contact them or get any status updates on the process.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marquette University.

Interview

For the interview process, it was a discussion with several different professors about Marquette and course work. In addition, upon applying to graduate school you are automatically considered for finical aid. The position covers tuition and provides a stipend. After discussion with the professors you can increase your odds of a position.

Interview Questions

• Discuss some of the class specific topics and explain how you would create a different laboratory.   Answer Question

IT Specialist Interview

Interview

The hiring process was postive. Had a phone screen with the director, came on site for an hour long interview with the director, then did a half day with the team. Met with the director once more to go over the offer in person.

IT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2015.

Interview

been employed with the university for 2 years. the interview process was very quick. the interview overall went very well. the department has great people to work with that will help your career long term.

Assistant Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Very intense and interviewed with over 20 professionals. Two day interview including a dinner the night before and interviewed along a continuum of people ranging from students to Deans. I had one on ones as well as interviewing with panels and people from all areas of the University on how I would interact and improve the "Marquette experience" for the students.

The Comptroller's Office Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marquette University (Milwaukee, WI) in April 2015.

Interview

There were 2 interviewers who are from the office. The process was about half an hour. There was no greeter. The interviewers would be an internal audit and an accountant. They probably will ask some accounting questions.