Massage Green Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

1.4

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boulder, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Massage Green (Boulder, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

Could tell when I walked in that they are not organized. The questions were not really tailored to fit a massage/spa job. The manager who looked like she was still in high school(not even an exaggeration),was nervous and you could easily tell. When I asked her a question about a specific thing that any manager should know,she was clueless. The entire 30 minutes I was inside,not one person walked in and not once did the phone ring. This was at the top of the hour when a busy spa should have clients walking in and out. I sat outside watching the door for 45 minutes prior to see the traffic going in and out,not one person. Won't lie the second I walked and saw the age of the manager,I knew I would not take the job and I made sure I didn't get the offer. She lacked maturity and definitely does not have the work experience to effectively run a spa like it should.

Interview Questions

• Google "standard questions to asked in an interview" and there you go.   Answer Question

LMT Interview

Anonymous Employee in Algonquin, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Green (Algonquin, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Very easy going. seem to care about what you are looking for and you will also do a demo which is about 30 mins long. the management is very friendly and the spa is relaxing and they tell you exactly what they expect.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Green in July 2014.

Interview

Easy as pie. Walked in, was asked if I had experience in sales/management and from then basically had the job. Store I was in seemed nice but it was one of the big three that make alot of money, once I saw my store was run down

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Allen Park, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massage Green (Allen Park, MI) in June 2014.

Interview

*Sent resume online called back about 3 days later. Interview was straight to the point. No real surprises. Took about 7 days two interviews, meet with Manager and District manager*

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? Sales experience, what customer service means to you.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massage Green.

Interview

Got a call right away. Apparently everyone does because they have a high turn over rate with all positions. More than likely if you don't have kids or responsibilities other then the job you will get it.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have a set start rate everyone gets at $9.00 a hour

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Green in March 2013.

Interview

They just asked a bunch of the normal questions that you usually see in an interview. Nothing special or anything.

Interview Questions

• What did I not like about my last job that I hope is different here   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Massage Green (Rochester Hills, MI) in March 2013.

Interview

They asked very few questions and we're very broad. The interview was very quick and I got the job like 2 days later. You sit down on the chairs and constantly get interrupted by phone calls.

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massage Green (Carlsbad, CA) in June 2012.

Interview

Their questions vary from person to person. If you pass the in person interview, then they have you give a massage to show you know what you are talking about. Then if they like you, they hire you. They are sticklers for punctuality.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here? What are your modalitys? What do you want in pay? Are you flexible in your schedule? Are you willing to work holidays and weekends?   Answer Question

Licensed Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rochester Hills, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Massage Green (Rochester Hills, MI) in April 2012.

Interview

The receptionist took my resume and application and asked me to sit in the lobby. She told me to go ahead and look through the binder of current employees if I was curious about what it was like to work there. I waited 15 minutes and was greeted by the lead therapist, who took me into a massage room. She went over the logistics of my qualifications, expected rate of pay, the pay they offered, the hours they were looking for, and what my availability was. She did not ask me any character/value questions, but she had a list of questions that were what-if scenarios during a massage. The rest of the interview was a hands-on massage.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a client asked you to touch them inappropriately?   1 Answer

Massage Therapist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Massage Green (Dearborn, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

I was called to ask if I'd like to come in for an interview. No resume was sent. I interviewed with the head therapist. The process took about half an hour, which included a hands-on skills assessment test (deep tissue) performed on the head therapist. The head therapist asked some basic personality questions as well. Honestly, I am very surprised that no background check was performed nor was it requested that therapists have national certification.

Interview Questions

• If a client has bumps or bruises on their body, do you mention it to them?   2 Answers

Negotiation

There was nothing up for negotiation. Don't expect a steady work volume at this location. Have a backup plan, maybe working at one or two other massage studios or