Match Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 31, 2017

1. Featured Interview

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Match (New York, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

Quite possibly one of the best interview experiences I've had. I met with the right people; those who I'd interact with mostly-- a variety of mid-to-senior level management individuals (including VP-level). Each and every person was transparent, relaxed/kind/welcoming, engaged in the subject matter and asked questions in a way that, ultimately, turned the interview into more of a conversation, which was brilliant.

When it came time to discuss an offer, I looked back at the people who I believe represented the personal work environment I'd ultimately be in and, having met with those specific individuals, made the decision that much easier (to accept, of course). And this was not an easy decision by any means, given that I wasn't leaving my previous company because of any extreme/particularly 'negative' experiences; Match provided me with the right opportunity, the right offer, the right people and seemed to give me the right long-term potential (relative to my professional development).

Interview Questions

• There were the typical, necessary interview questions re: vetting candidates, but in all honesty it was very conversational which, again, in my opinion, is the best way to 'get to know someone' and verbally relay a person's background, experiences, etc.

My advice: be honest/transparent yourself, do your homework (obviously) and really engage with who you're meeting with.   Answer Question

Front End Developer Interview

Interview

It took about 4+ week. First phone interview with Recruiter. Then in person interview the manager and dev team. General questions on how you see yourself as a developer in the future. How you solve problem, as well type of hobbies.

Frontend Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Initial phone screening followed by in-person technical/cultural interview. Lastly there was a react coding challenge in-which I was instructed to create a small app of my choice using only 3 components. Overall experience and feedback was positive; however, there was no conveyance on whether or not the team ever made a definitive yes-or-no decision. After reaching out to the on-staff recruiter asking for feedback, I was told that they would "get in touch with the team and then get back with me". They never got back with me.

Interview Questions

• Describe an application you have developed recently using a popular framework (Angular, React, etc..)   Answer Question

Match Response

Jun 7, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for the feedback! We strive to offer an enjoyable and well-rounded candidate experience and apologize that your interview feedback wasn’t provided in a timely manner. We appreciate you... More

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, left the phone interview feeling pretty confident. That night they sent over an timed assessment related to my potential job. I sent it back and was told I'd hear from them "shortly", never heard back from anyone at the company.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was super smooth and pleasant: HR reached out to me via email and had a quick chat; two phone interviews were scheduled for the next day; one onsite was scheduled immediately after that -- 7 back-to-back interviews (30min each person). The offer was made right after the onsite day.

One week before my starting date, Match started to send me online docs to prepare me for new role. Because of that, I don't need to do any paper work on the first day which saved lots of time.

In my opinion, Match HR team is really efficient, flexible and considerate. They are willing to change the pace based on the candidate needs. I've worked in three companies before, including a national bank and a global ecommerce company. I've never seen a HR department so friendly and productive! Super impressed and highly recommend!!!

Interview Questions

• Past experiences and how this is related to the role I'm applying.
      A real business question that they expect you to solve for them.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I spoke with a Match recruiter and it was a casual, fun conversation. I went in for an onsite interview and I didn't feel super intimidated, everyone was really welcoming. The environment of the office was really laid back and so were their interviewers. They asked a lot of questions about my experience and were able to make it more conversational as opposed to drilling me with questions.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Match in September 2016.

Interview

Quite a long interview process overall. There were 4 stages of interview: phone, online test, phone interview with VP, in-person interview. First call is with their HR, then they will email you the sample questions if you pass the first phone interview. If you pass the online test, then you will have a phone interview with the respective VP. If you pass the phone test, you will go on to the final round where you will have interviews with 5-6 people in the team.

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

1) Screening with HR

2) Product Questionnaire/Analysis (This was very extensive, it took me a whole weekend and many hours of research and app testing. They want to know what you think about each component of their app and other popular sites (Facebook, Amazon).

3) One hour analytics assessment (Excel, mostly based on conversion percentages)

4) 30 minute call with VP in a mock product scenario

Interview Questions

• There were a lot of questions based on pricing, how to move users to subscriptions, A/B testing, etc.   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

In chronological order:
    HR phone screen, non-technical business test via email, online Q&A via email, online data analysis test with 1 hour to complete, phone screen with hiring manager w/ discussion on all 3 sections above, 3-hour in person interview with the team (6x 30 mins each), verbal offer & negotiations with HR, 30 min 2-on-1 coffee chat to ensure "culture fit", written offer.

Interview Questions

• No real interview style "think outside the box" questions, but there were a lot of situational analytical questions, like "If these numbers went down but these went up in your product, would you be excited or worried about it?"   Answer Question

Senior Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Match (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The initial phone calls and emails were very professional and pleasant. The in-person interviews were awful. The first person sat back in her chair twirling her hair and checking her texts as I answered her questions. The second interview with a group of people was very nice and professional, the final interview with a VP level was painful. He hadn't read my resume nor the projects I presented ahead of time, so I spent the majority of time watching him quickly read through my papers, which I'd brought copies of (no one had their own copies). Overall, it was a very sloppy and disenchanting interview experience.

Interview Questions

• The questions from the first and third interviews were unfair and unreasonable. They asked me how I would fix certain things and I explained I'd first need visibility into the issues and business objectives before I could give an educated answer.   1 Answer