Match Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Match CEO, Match Group NA Mandy Ginsberg
Mandy Ginsberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a healthy work life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Everyone is super friendly and helpful and the work environment is open and inviting" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I disagree with so many decisions made by upper management about driving the business" (in 6 reviews)

• "If not, you stay where you are at and there are no pay increases without an actual promotion" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The dream workplace for those interested in tech in Dallas"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Match full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed, fun workplace. The flexibility here is incredible. Everyone gets along and most of us have the same interests outside of work. Very modern culture -- even though being a relatively early company in the digital world.

- Worklife balance. I was told before accepting the position that they are very serious on work life balance -- and I am happy to confirm that everything I've seen so far confirms that statement.

- The managers I've personally spoken to are down to earth, friendly, and well equipped to gauge what you are capable of. They are also very understanding to any issues that come up in personal life.

- Community outreach and volunteering is not only allowed but actively encouraged by management.

- Incredible benefits, even at entry level.

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Since I've started working there I've seen the stock price of the group jump almost 25% -- a solid indication that the upper levels of management are doing something right.

Mar 14, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the Match experience, culture, benefits and perks!

"SQL Developer"

Former Employee - SQL Developer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - SQL Developer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Match (Less than a year)

Pros

Best in class in terms of shipping really good software fast. You'll push code every week. You'll work your butt off and learn a ton or drown. They took a chance on a Jr Dev and grew me into something in under 1 year that would have taken 2-3 years anywhere else.

Cons

It's pretty fast sink or swim. Management has changed quite a bit since the pre-IPO days. So I can't comment on current leadership since 2015. I still think the Match name/brand is pretty good environment to work in tho, all things considered relative to the area (DFW).

3. "Solid Company with a Variety of Brands"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Great friendly work culture. Nice office and good benefits.

Cons

Some of the brands are doing better than others. Intra-brand communication is being improved but still has a ways to go.

4. "Accounting and Finance"

I have been working at Match full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pay and Benefits are good

Cons

No room for career growth or development. Too much corporate politics as well.

Advice to Management

Bring in new ideas and fresh management. Promoting within has its positive incentives for morale, but it also has its negatives if the wrong individual is promoted. Doing the same thing as always especially in a tech company can be a dangerous thing.

5. "Sr. Finance Manager"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Great environment to work in with tons of smart people and an interesting industry.

Cons

None that I can think of

6. "Great place to work!"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

culture; salary; team environment; ability to work from home when necessary; fun office environment

Cons

expect to put in a lot of hours

"The best of Dallas tech companies! Amazing place, amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Best place I've ever worked.

- Fun, casual, social culture. In addition to the fun events HR organizes, there are a lot of employees here who are just genuinely caring and friendly. I find that I look forward to going to work every day for the people.

- Exciting, challenging work. If you are a developer and want to work on the most cutting-edge in-demand tech stack, this is one of the best places to be. They also try to keep an active presence among Dallas's tech community through meet-ups and such.

- Lots of opportunities for developers who are new to the industry. In my time here I have seen a lot more junior developers get hired onto several teams and they are all doing great, even if its one of their first jobs. A lot of effort is put into making it a welcoming learning environment to really help everyone grow as developers, whether you've been there for 10 years or 10 days.

- Fantastic managers who really take the time to get to know their employees and adapt to the needs of the team.

- Constantly improving in every way! Every day here, it just gets better and better.
    They have been putting a lot of effort into getting employee feedback, which makes me believe the trend will continue!

Cons

- Priorities change fast, so you just have to be ready for whatever you're working on now to be de-prioritized tomorrow in favor of something else. Just be ready to shift gears.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

8. "Love it so far!"

I have been working at Match full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been here for too long yet but loving every part of it so far! Everyone is super friendly and helpful and the work environment is open and inviting.

Cons

Just the commute, a lot of traffic around the area

May 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying everything about Match! If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to reach out to the Match HR team.

9. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Match full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great onboarding expierence
    -1:1s with manager
    -Fun and engaging company culture
    -People are friendly and welcoming
    -Work/life balance

Cons

Can't think of any!

May 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

We appreciate your positive feedback about our team, culture and onboarding! Thanks for sharing and let Match HR know if there's anything you need.

"Data Driven, but Lacking in a cohesive high level strategy"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Very data driven, with a lot of talented people who are mostly collaborative and congenial

Cons

Lack of a cohesive overarching strategy that unifies all of the brands and initiatives, and prevents these from competing against each other.

Advice to Management

Take a step back to really determine each brand's purpose and mission and how that should be cascaded through all efforts to reduce cannibalization and competing goals.
    Avoid short term decisions to appease wall street and focus on long term growth

May 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the company culture and team and we appreciate your insight and advice. We wish you the best in the future!