Match Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Match CEO, Match Group NA Mandy Ginsberg
Mandy Ginsberg

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "There is a healthy work life balance" (in 17 reviews)

• "Fun work environment, positive people, uplifting office" (in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "I disagree with so many decisions made by upper management about driving the business" (in 6 reviews)

• "Not always the best management styles from upper management, Sick days and PTO are combined, Company doesn't give raises and promotions often" (in 3 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"The dream workplace for those interested in tech in Dallas"

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Match full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Relaxed, fun workplace. The flexibility here is incredible. Everyone gets along and most of us have the same interests outside of work. Very modern culture -- even though being a relatively early company in the digital world.

- Worklife balance. I was told before accepting the position that they are very serious on work life balance -- and I am happy to confirm that everything I've seen so far confirms that statement.

- The managers I've personally spoken to are down to earth, friendly, and well equipped to gauge what you are capable of. They are also very understanding to any issues that come up in personal life.

- Community outreach and volunteering is not only allowed but actively encouraged by management.

- Incredible benefits, even at entry level.

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any.

Advice to Management

Keep it up! Since I've started working there I've seen the stock price of the group jump almost 25% -- a solid indication that the upper levels of management are doing something right.

Mar 14, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your feedback! We're glad to hear you're enjoying the Match experience, culture, benefits and perks!

"The best of Dallas tech companies! Amazing place, amazing people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Best place I've ever worked.

- Fun, casual, social culture. In addition to the fun events HR organizes, there are a lot of employees here who are just genuinely caring and friendly. I find that I look forward to going to work every day for the people.

- Exciting, challenging work. If you are a developer and want to work on the most cutting-edge in-demand tech stack, this is one of the best places to be. They also try to keep an active presence among Dallas's tech community through meet-ups and such.

- Lots of opportunities for developers who are new to the industry. In my time here I have seen a lot more junior developers get hired onto several teams and they are all doing great, even if its one of their first jobs. A lot of effort is put into making it a welcoming learning environment to really help everyone grow as developers, whether you've been there for 10 years or 10 days.

- Fantastic managers who really take the time to get to know their employees and adapt to the needs of the team.

- Constantly improving in every way! Every day here, it just gets better and better.
    They have been putting a lot of effort into getting employee feedback, which makes me believe the trend will continue!

Cons

- Priorities change fast, so you just have to be ready for whatever you're working on now to be de-prioritized tomorrow in favor of something else. Just be ready to shift gears.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

3. "Love it so far!"

I have been working at Match full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I haven't been here for too long yet but loving every part of it so far! Everyone is super friendly and helpful and the work environment is open and inviting.

Cons

Just the commute, a lot of traffic around the area

May 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you're enjoying everything about Match! If there's anything you need, don't hesitate to reach out to the Match HR team.

4. "Great Place to Work"

I have been working at Match full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Great onboarding expierence
    -1:1s with manager
    -Fun and engaging company culture
    -People are friendly and welcoming
    -Work/life balance

Cons

Can't think of any!

May 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

We appreciate your positive feedback about our team, culture and onboarding! Thanks for sharing and let Match HR know if there's anything you need.

"Data Driven, but Lacking in a cohesive high level strategy"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Very data driven, with a lot of talented people who are mostly collaborative and congenial

Cons

Lack of a cohesive overarching strategy that unifies all of the brands and initiatives, and prevents these from competing against each other.

Advice to Management

Take a step back to really determine each brand's purpose and mission and how that should be cascaded through all efforts to reduce cannibalization and competing goals.
    Avoid short term decisions to appease wall street and focus on long term growth

May 2, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

Thanks for sharing your feedback. We're glad to hear that you enjoyed the company culture and team and we appreciate your insight and advice. We wish you the best in the future!

"Work Hard Don't Get To Play"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Perks
    T-shirts
    Summer and Christmas Parties
    Give aways

Cons

Indecisive management
    Expect you to work 24/365
    Same management keeps getting bonuses
    Clicky - if you aren't "in" this place isn't for you

Advice to Management

Mandy is ADD. Get her some help.

7. "Feels Like Family"

Current Employee - Accounting Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Accounting Systems Analyst in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Match full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Match goes above and beyond to make their employees happy. Work/life balance is a real priority, which makes for a more relaxed and accommodating environment. The pay is fair and the review process facilitates personal and professional development, even outside of one's current role.

Cons

As a CPA, I wish that Match had more job-sponsored opportunities to earn CPE credits. A learning series focused on accounting related software/news/education would be much appreciated.

Advice to Management

Although they do not generate revenue, the support departments deserve the same attention and consideration from management. Don't let the employees in these departments feel unsupported.

Mar 14, 2018 – Senior Recruiter

We truly appreciate your feedback about our environment/culture and value your suggestions about earning CPE credits!

"Advertising /Sales =Sink or Swim"

Former Employee - Advertising Sales in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Advertising Sales in New York, NY

I worked at Match full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Pros of working at match, First I truly believe you’re going to meet at least one coworker there that you will remain close with even after you leave the company. (I Did) 2nd I also believe that you will learn and improve your skills in certain areas that you can take to your next role. 3rd seemless Tuesdays and Thursdays with a $20 dollar limit which is extremely helpful, Unlimited snacks, candy, coffee, on every single floor, 4th amazing holiday party like new year’s eve type amazing! 5th Yearly trip in the summer to Dallas for the entire company, great security guards who interact all the time with you, Nice building to look at from outside, great view of Chelsea piers,

Cons

The bad, first I believe my time at match I was in a sink or swim situation. Working with ad sales you would have one objective DELIVER! If you didn’t deliver by any circumstance it’s your fault no questions asked. I never believed the word team means anything here, there is a big problem with upper management here I’m not talking about the GM’s I’m talking about the directors and managers, I have seen managers make mistakes and throw people under the bus to take the blame, and I have other former employees from match that can back me up on this, Upper management is not in the office and works from home at least 1 or 2 days every week leaving all their responsibility on you

Advice to Management

My advice to management pay a little bit more attention to your employees, there are a lot of good people at match that never get the credit but receive all the blame in the world even when it is not their fault, treat everyone the same and stop with the favoritism!

"Major issues with the Ad Sales Group"

I worked at Match full-time

Pros

Lots of freedom and independence

Cons

No strategic vision or accountability. Weak leadership. Limited ad products and no innovation. Unrealistic quotas.

Dec 4, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

Hi – we’re sorry to hear that your overall experience with us wasn’t as rewarding as it could’ve been. We strive to provide a positive environment for our employees and we’re always looking for ways... More

"Run AWAY. Horrible ad sales business"

I worked at Match full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Collaborative environment. Decent Pay. Flexible, able work from home or remote. Good benefits. You can see the only good reviews are coming out of the HQ in Dallas.

Cons

Management does not value employees. ZERO room for growth or advancement. NO pay increase YOY, not even for cost of living. People making stupid decisions, super disorganized management, weak decision making. Sinking ad sales business. Layoffs two years in a row. Zero culture. Bad morale.

Advice to Management

Value your employee's. Promote within. Stop hiring friends and hire talented people.

Dec 4, 2017 – Senior Recruiter

Hi – we’re sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn’t as rewarding as it could’ve been. We aim to provide a positive and healthy environment for our employees and we’re always looking for ways... More