Matco Tools Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Matco Tools

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Pros:

People were nice in the interview and knowledgeable. Engineers appeared to excel in their craft, and asked good questions. They seemed to be working on some exciting projects. My impression is that it could be a fun and challenging place to work.

Cons:

Be wary- I've been interviewed multiple times, and told both times that they were going to hire someone internally instead. They should really do a more thorough search internally before posting a position.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Matco Tools (Raleigh, NC) in February 2017.

Interview

Started with multiple emails then a phone conversation. Interviewer wasn't very professional and seemed to want an on-the-spot decision regarding moving forward. Interviewer did not answer questions in a manner that inspired trust so it became more of an informational interview for me.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Matco Tools.

Interview

I was contacted by HR recruiter. The whole interview was only for half an hour. First I explained everything on the interview. Then the recruiter started asking questions.
    1. Why did you choose this company?
    2. conflict situation?
    3. Career Goals?

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stow, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Matco Tools (Stow, OH) in June 2015.

Interview

2 phone interviews , followed by a ride along with a DM, then a 6 person 6 hour interview followed by a 10 minute PowerPoint that you present to the panel. This is standard for ALL DM candidates including internal and franchisees.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to manage someone that you did not have authority over? How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Hours of work expected even though high salary, no work life balance. No authority over stores (trucks) but held accountable for their sales performance.