Materialise Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Materialise Interview Questions

Updated Oct 2, 2017

2.7

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Materialise.

Interview

1. 30 minute interview
    2. On site interview
    3. Should have been a third interview but I never heard back from them

Tried to contact them multiple times after the second interview but never heard from them again

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Materialise (Plymouth, MI).

Interview

I applied online. Got an email for a phone interview. Did that, then was asked for an in person interview.

Monday: I came in for 1st in person interview with HR, then was sent home to await call.

Tuesday: They asked me in for a second in person interview with HR again and the Director of the department I'd be working for.

Thursday: Got called for a 3rd round of interviews and a skills assessment. Met with another director then had my assessment with HR and original Director.

Was asked that day to stay until later to meet with the vice president for fourth interview. Did that and then was given a tour of the facility.

Went home and got called with an offer that night.

Friday: Accepted offer

It was a very quick turn around time, but also a very long week. 5 interviews total plus an assessment all within a week.

Interviews where good though, everyone was very friendly and made you feel welcome. Questions where typical and not hard, some took some thought but nothing terrible

Interview Questions

• weakness/strengths/typical interview questions relating to job tasks   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Materialise (Plymouth, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was relatively relaxed. The interviewer talked a lot about her personal and seemed genuinely interested in mine. The technical questions were kept to a minimum, although they were asked during the interview. They wanted to hear about my experience with 3D printing, and wanted to know what direction I think the industry is heading in.

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plymouth, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Materialise (Plymouth, MI) in March 2015.

Interview

Multiple rounds of interviews. First phone calls, then in person and with the regional manager. Friendly people, HR was prompt to respond to emails and accelerated the process to meet my time constraints. Straightforward. Though I wasn't selected, the process was fairly simple and a pleasant experience. Whole process took around 3 weeks.

Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Materialise (Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)) in May 2017.

Interview

1. Phone interview with all the standard Qs - why did you apply for this position? what are you hoping to achieve through this internship? Etc.

If you make it through the phone interview they'll call you back within a week to schedule a face-to-face interview with your potential manager.

The coolest thing is they're courteous enough to call you even to tell you that you were not chosen. I know because my application 6 months earlier for a different position at the same company was unsuccessful.

2. Face-to-face interview. Usual questions + more details about work history, projects, skills, achievements. They'll basically probe you about everything on your resume. Tip: don't lie or exaggerate on your resume.

Then you'll be presented with a roleplay scenario to test your critical thinking and problem solving. The interviewer will roleplay as a customer/ client. After the role play you'll have to discuss about what could be the cause of the problem and what the company should do next.

I got a call a week later and was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Customer has made several insurance claims in an unusually short period of time. You need to gather more information from them and advise the insurance company on what to do.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Materialise in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview is with human resources. They contacted me within a week to organise a second meeting with the direct supervisor and to make a technical test.
    The interview with human resources is quite standard. It lasted 30-40 minutes. They mainly want to test your communication skills and check that your profile and expectations matches what the company is looking for.
    The interview with the supervisor mainly consists in him explaining your (future) tasks and you explaining your background and expectations. It lasted 30-40 minutes.
    The technical test is an email test customised for the company and role that is reviewed by the direct supervisor afterwards. It lasted an hour.

Marketing Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leuven (Belgium)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Materialise (Leuven (Belgium)) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 3 in person interview meetings and one submission of an assignment specific to Materialise. Unfortunately after submitting an 18 pages Marketing Plan for Materialise, no one ever contacted me again. No reply to my "status check" email either. After I read some other reviews here on glassdoor, I realized that there may be a difference between what the Staff tells you and how they really act on a day to day basis.

1st Interview: Meeting HR - During that meeting i thought: "A company with a pro HR department, caring for its employees"

2nd Interview: Meeting Hiring Manager: General questions about my person and experience were asked. very casual, and personal i thought. Still I thought: "Great company it seems"

3rd Interview: Presenting a Marketing plan from previous experience.

4th: Submission of an assignment specific to Materialise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to write a Marketing Plan for an event they are participating   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Materialise.

Interview

It was tough. There were all 4 interview sessions.
    The 1st was more of a written technical test for an hour but there were just too many questions for the given time. So choose wisely on which you want to tackle first.
    2nd was technical interview where I was required to draw and illustrate my idea on msc/uml diagram.
    3rd was also technical interview but this was hosted by developer based in HQ. Most of the questions were regarding my previous positions.
    4th was interview session with the HR manager.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Materialise in September 2015.

Interview

It took several interviews. 1 HR inteview (skype); 2 Hiring Manager #1 interview (skype); 3 Hiring Manager #2 interview (skype); 4 Hiring Manager #3 interview (onsite) 5 HR contract discussion (skype).

The people I spoke o were very kind and made every effort to propose the best position to fit my background and my interest.
    The company looks very nice and dynamic. I got the offer but I declined since it wasn't very compelling from the salary point of view.

Quality Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leuven (Belgium)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Materialise (Leuven (Belgium)) in May 2015.

Interview

First a HR interview with a business case in team of 8 (mostly different backgrounds). Here you have to prepare a business case in the field of 3D printing (both sales and technology related).
    Afterwards an interview with the hiring manager and the quality manager. More personal questions are asked as to see if you fit in the company culture.