Maverick Software Consulting Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maverick Software Consulting

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

Talked about previous experiences and answered around 10 technical questions on OOP. Talk about coursework and what position you would prefer - tester or developer. Get rundown of job description.

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Rochester, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Was interviewed by two Thomson Reuters representatives from the specific team I was applying to join. We went through a straight forward packet, and then I answered one whiteboard question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Saint Cloud, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and called in for the first interview. General questions are asked in the first interview. Passed the first one...got an email to setup a second interview after a week. gave the second interview. Haven't heard from them it's been like a month

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2017.

Interview

Talked to them at a career fair and sent in an application online. Had two on site interviews. They were very laid back and pretty simple. Basic behavioral/situational questions. The technical questions were all about object oriented basics.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

I applied online and received an email to setup a phone interview with someone from maverick. Its a mostly behavioral interview (why do you want to work for maverick or why does it interest you, describe your classes, any group projects, what would you do in x situation, why did you chose your major, etc). I was told I would be contacted if they want to hire me. I was contacted ~3 months after initially applying to setup a group interview with a potential hire (note they are a consulting company). If you get an offer or not is really how you do in whatever company they pass you on to. I was sent an offer a week after that interview with an offer. I prepared by researching their company on their website.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you faced a difficult challenge and how you faced it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was remote, and focused mostly on past experience and "soft skills." It seems like they leave the technical stuff to whatever company they pass you on to.

The questions focused on out-of-school development experience and teamwork; looking for specific examples.

Interview Questions

• What is the most challenging aspect of teamwork for you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

I applied online which led to an email about setting up a date for an interview. The interview consisted of about a few OOP concepts. I would say concepts you have learned from your introductory computer science classes.

Software Tester Interview

Anonymous Employee in Madison, WI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Madison, WI) in April 2016.

Interview

Apply at mavericksoftware.com with a well-formed resume. If you hear back from any hiring manager, first off thank them, then prepare for behavioral question such as please describe some projects you have work on in the past, what interests do you have in software? Do you like development or testing? Describe the four major aspects of object oriented programming? Iteration vs Recursion? What is an API? That's about it.

.NET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ames, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting (Ames, IA) in February 2016.

Interview

The process was very straightforward and fast. The interviewer was personalable and easy to talk to. The interview was about 45 minutes with about 10 minutes being behavioral. Overall the questions asked were from your basic computer science classes. If you know how Java works at a low level, you will do just fine.

Interview Questions

• OOP, Data structures, how to meet deadlines, teamwork experience? Difference between cohesion and coupling   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Maverick Software Consulting.

Interview

hour long interview with resume talk and other questions to get to know you, then technical questions mostly about Object Oriented programming/java stuff. Most of what he asked was by the book meaning very direct questions about classes/objects/packages/inheritance.