Maverick Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.1

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maverick Trading

FX Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Alachua, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (Alachua, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

I apply online and Ryan gave me a call. He was polite and helpful answering my questions to my satisfaction. He let my give my reasons for wanting to partner with Maverick and afterwards said we would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work with Maverick Trading?   1 Answer

Options Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clearwater, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (Clearwater, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Prompt return communication and readily accessed questions. Had a few extra forms to fill out, but it does not take too much time. The website interview was only the first step, and make time to watch a 45 minute video presentation

Trading Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Started with some short videos and information pages. Then, was asked to submit an application after the process. Was probably about 1 hour of videos and info before application

Interview Questions

• Wanted to know my trading background and education particularly in math and economics. After that, the recruiter went to great lengths to make sure I understood the commitment required to trade live and the associated costs. Almost a bit much but he explained they only wanted serious traders and this was a way to qualify people   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (New York, NY).

Interview

Maverick sets up a couple of phone interviews to gauge how well you understand the work Maverick does and the training they put their future traders through. The people are great and work hard to make the process as smooth as possible.

Interview Questions

• How long have you been trading and what type of success have you had?   Answer Question

Junior Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Haven, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (New Haven, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Watched 50 minutes of videos before I found out they want $2000 to proceed to"hiring" stage (was stoked 'till then)...very disappointing, not just because I don't have the money and thought I'd be a perfect candidate, but because of the delay in revealing this vital piece of info which feels deceptive.

Interview Questions

• Basic Background and contact info   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They conducted a straightforward interview to determine my compatibility with their trading program. My interviewer clearly laid out his firm's expectations and requirements for new hires. New hires are required to complete an extensive training program and are only given access to additional capital if return hurdles are met. In the interview process, they want to make sure candidates understand how their program works.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals over the next several years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (Chicago, IL) in July 2016.

Interview

Started with an email with directions to go to their website and view a 40 min video about Maverick and the position. After completing the video I was contacted by phone by a recruiter who asks you about your background and interest in trading and past work. After that they have you fill out a trading profile about your experience trading then came a final phone interview where they ask if you are comfortable with the startup costs. (Beware there are deposit and membership fees to get started with company, the cost varies with which market you will be trading in- index, FX, options ect)

Interview Questions

• What about your personality would make you a good trader?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Maverick Trading in April 2016.

Interview

Questions in interests, knowledge of the financial markets, the interview process and what it entails. The length of training required and qualified testing required before beginning a trading career as well as the upfront capital costs. They explained how tutoring system works with more experienced tradings and access to online trading room.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to become a trader? and do you do any personal trading now?   Answer Question

Didn't have the upfront necessary capital.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Maverick Trading (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process started out with a "while I have you on the phone" type of call. The caller divulged that the risk deposit wasn't just 5K rather it was a 4:1. For example someone trading at their 400K level would have to have 160K on deposit with them. The training and initial deposit was not 5K as the video pointed out but became 6K. The caller wanted to know my financial situation up front. I lied to him and told him I would have it at the end of training. He sent an email and told me to contact when I had the money.

FX Trader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Maverick Trading in February 2016.

Interview

I had my phone interview in Feb 2016, and phone interview is fairly easy, first we talked about the company and how everything works out. After that we talked about my history and my thoughts on trading. After that I am in.