Max-Planck-Gesellschaft Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft

2.9

Sort:

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Online application, shortlisted applicants are invited on site for an interview, during a week you get to know the PIs, you give a poster presentation of your previous lab work experience, and then you have face to face interviews with different research groups and a final offer.

Interview Questions

• where does an amino acid bound to another amino acid   1 Answer

Wissenschaftlicher Mitarbeiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft.

Interview

It was a normal procedure, with an interview and presentation. You're invited based on credentials and a specific project is then presented if you want to do it.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Berlin (Germany)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online by sending a CV and cover letter.
    One researcher was interested and arranged an interview.
    I had a skype interview with my future supervisor.
    The interview was informal and we discussed the research topic and why I was interested in the internship.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience gathering (a particular type of) data?   1 Answer

PhD Candidate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Halle (Saale) (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Halle (Saale) (Germany)) in June 2012.

Interview

The whole hiring process took 3+ months. I sent out my application through email and received an invitation for interview after a month. The interview lasted for around 30 mins, I was asked to give a 10 min presentation on my research project and then, the interviewing panel, consisting of more than 12 professors asked me questions one after another. It still took the selection committee two months until they informed me about the result.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were related to my research plan and my background. Since I was applying for a multi-disciplinary research school, they were asking also about my affiliation and knowledge of the other two disciplines. I found the academic questions quite challenging.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dresden (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Dresden (Germany)) in February 2014.

Interview

The selection procedure was in three rounds. 1. Initial application screening, 2. Poster Session and Panel Interview at the Institute (only candidates selected from round 1), 3. Student-Supervisor match based on mutual interest and availability.

Interview Questions

• Questions related to the poster topic and undergraduate/master's topic.   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erlangen (Germany)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Erlangen (Germany)) in February 2012.

Interview

Was invited to give a presentation at the group meeting. After that I got a labtour and got to talk to the individual group members. In the afternoon I talked with the professor about their recent projects and in which I'm interested most.

Interview Questions

• Which project did you like most (from the experiments shown to me during the labtour)   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Düsseldorf (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Düsseldorf (Germany)) in April 2013.

Interview

I applied online. I agree about a date with the team leader and I visit the campus 2 weeks after Recruiter, Telephone interview, group interview. not too complicated questions. positive experience and relaxing atmosphere

PhD Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft in October 2014.

Interview

the applicants did a brief presentation in front of some professors about the previous work done and the expectations in the future. it's important to mention that most of the positions were already assigned to people working already in that lab as interns or master students.

Interview Questions

• Scientific questions related to the previous project.
      Some questions regarding interests of the applicant (often you don't really decide which topic will you work on, you decide mostly the lab)   Answer Question

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz (Germany)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft (Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz (Germany)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online for the position on January 2016, I had an skype and then a personal interview which took almost 2 hours and a month later on February 2016 I got the job

Interview Questions

• Mostly scientific questions regarding the field of study, the courses you have passed, the projects you have worked on and the psychological question like what is your weakness ...   Answer Question

PhD Studentship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Max-Planck-Gesellschaft.

Interview

Upon a successful application, you are being asked to schedule 3, 1:1, Skype interviews with members of the PhD hiring board. The applicants that proceed to the next stage are being invited to Germany for personal interviews, panel interviews and presentations.
    The interview week is very well organised and engaging, with presentations from both the applicants and the research groups that offer projects in the institute.

Interview Questions

• If you had unlimited funding, how would you go about answering your research questions?   Answer Question