MaxLinear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at MaxLinear

3.5

Sort:

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone screen with HR, Group interview (4-5 people from accounting and financial department) about 30 minutes each. Another Phone interview with HR about benefits and salary. ,One:one interview with a head of department

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Interview

Update resume through the webisite. Contacted by HR very fast and set a telephone interview time. A few questions about the amplifiers, PLL systems. Basic questions for Entry Level CMOS Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First 2 rounds of technical phone interviews within a week of online application, followed by a brief HR interview on phone. A day long face to face interview at office with around 10 people, which was quite enjoyable.
    They take you for lunch with 2 people normally and people who came with me were cool. But they keep asking technical questions all the time, so you never really feel the break. I was exhausted by the end of the day and the last interviewer showed some mercy by not asking much.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does the spectrum change when a signal is downsampled. Different versions of it.
      2. Explain setup, hold, clock jitter etc   Answer Question

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxLinear (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called for a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 8 people over the course of the day. The interviews were highly technical. All the interviewers were exceptionally qualified.

Interview Questions

MaxLinear Response

Jan 19, 2017 – recruiting manager

Thank you for taking the time to add feedback and welcome aboard!

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (San Diego, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

They asked some basic RF question regarding iip3, NF, and gain.
    They also asked about my projects related to RF.
    All basic questions, but I didn't explain well.
    Interviewers are nice and friendly.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in February 2010.

Interview

They just know some text book stuff and ask same questions. all employees seemed under stress.
    HR woman told me- good luck getting vacation in this company.
    telephone interview person was extremely rude.
    they didnt keep up time or schedule.
    totally confused state.

Staff Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Irvine, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

It was a full day interview. Interview was Extremely technical. They Grilled me on all aspects of circuit design. They got back to me after the interview in 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Did not negotiate

Dec 5, 2016 – recruiting manager

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your interview process.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The phone interviews were fine and the interviewer asked some technical questions. For the onsite interview, they requested to sign an NDA form that I did not follow up further with them. A professional company should perform interviews in an excellent manner and it should not expose candidates to confidential information. The candidates would be invited for the interviews as experts in their fields and if exposed to confidential information by accident or on purpose by the interviewees, their professional career can be damaged significantly in a close future. I do not recommend signing NDA with any company in the interview step unless you are sure that you would get a contract with a very high probability.

Interview Questions

• Some questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, why do you look for a new position and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Aug 21, 2017 – recruiting manager

When a candidate is proceeding to the in-person interview, it is our standard practice to ask them to review and sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement, as many other companies do also. It is a candidate's... More

Embedded Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

Submitted my resume through online. Analyzed and called for phone interview after 2 days of submission.
    HR called to schedule phone interview, staff engineer called for interview at scheduled time.
    Interview went well

Interview Questions

• Common functions in Vxworks and Embeddded Linux   1 Answer
    • Why do we use volatile in C   2 Answers

Negotiation

Just negotiate based on market standards.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Irvine, CA).

Interview

One phone screen, followed by a day long on-site interview. The interview panel comprised of 8 members. Forty minutes to one hour session with each of them.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions on device noise, sampling or kT/C noise, noise in mixers, low-noise amplifiers, operational amplifiers, basic signal and systems, single-stage amplifiers, previous design experience.   Answer Question