MaxLinear Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 28, 2017

3.5

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxLinear (New York, NY).

Interview

I was called for a phone interview followed by an on-site interview. I was interviewed by 8 people over the course of the day. The interviews were highly technical. All the interviewers were exceptionally qualified.

Interview Questions

MaxLinear Response

Jan 19, 2017 – recruiting manager

Thank you for taking the time to add feedback and welcome aboard!

RF Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MaxLinear (San Diego, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

Took around 2 months to setup an on-site interview from the week of telephonic interview. Overall experience was good. HR coordinated well and measures were taken to make my interview experience smooth.

Interview Questions

• Questions based on things mentioned in Resume. Data converters to noise analysis   Answer Question

Jan 19, 2017 – recruiting manager

We appreciate that you provided feedback on your interview experience and we wish you the best moving forward.

Mixed Signal/RF IC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear in November 2016.

Interview

Very well organized and the whole process went smoothly. Had to make a research presentation which was well received. This was followed by one-on-one interviews with 4-5 people who were all nice and very smart. Asked some interesting questions and gave intuitive explanations for the same.

Interview Questions

MaxLinear Response

Feb 28, 2017 – recruiting manager

Thank you for interviewing with us and for providing your feedback on the experience. Good luck moving forward.

Mixed Signal/RF IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MaxLinear (San Jose, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

First, there was a phone screening to know my skill level and my interests. Then a long interview with five different interviewers a few days later. Very technical interview with lots of questions on circuits fundamentals.

Interview Questions

• op-amp circuits.
      filters.
      single stage amplifier circuits.

Communication Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at MaxLinear (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Followed up with a recruiter for about 6 months to get the call for an internship.Had a 30 minute technical phone interview after a month after following up with the recruiter. Then had face-to-face interview after following up for 5 months.I was told that 4 people will interview me.The interview was scheduled at 1 pm. Reached about 30 mins earlier. I was asked to take a written test. This came as a surprise to me. After the written test, there was a HR call over the phone in the conference room asking general questions like my availability,eligibility to work, previous work experience etc. Then started the face to face interview. One member walked in and asked questions. After an hour he left and another member walked in and asked questions. So it was like one hour one person.

Interview Questions

• In written test-
      1) Given QPSK constellation diagram, it has an I-Q imbalance.Q component has +0.5 dB imbalance in magnitude and I component has 0 degree phase imbalance.How will the resulting constellation look?
      2) Given a frequency response if we apply kaiser window what are the output coefficients?

In Interview-
      Few basic questions like what is correlation? mathematical formula?
      If there is frequency offset how will the constellation look like?
      Difference between correlation and convolution? etc

Staff Accountant Interview

Interview

Phone screen with HR, Group interview (4-5 people from accounting and financial department) about 30 minutes each. Another Phone interview with HR about benefits and salary. ,One:one interview with a head of department

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Carlsbad, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

The phone interviews were fine and the interviewer asked some technical questions. For the onsite interview, they requested to sign an NDA form that I did not follow up further with them. A professional company should perform interviews in an excellent manner and it should not expose candidates to confidential information. The candidates would be invited for the interviews as experts in their fields and if exposed to confidential information by accident or on purpose by the interviewees, their professional career can be damaged significantly in a close future. I do not recommend signing NDA with any company in the interview step unless you are sure that you would get a contract with a very high probability.

Interview Questions

• Some questions like where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, why do you look for a new position and some technical questions.   Answer Question

Wireless Systems Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MaxLinear in October 2015.

Interview

After applying online through the MaxLinear site, they sent an email to setup the phone calls.
    Phone screening consisting of several calls over two weeks. Hiring manager and other department managers. The process was about "hearing you think". Just make sure that the questions are clear before attempting answers.

Senior Staff Engineer Interview

Interview

hard to get it in. went through an interview with 6 people including vp. they grill you gently. not as bad as big tech companies. great place to work for. so far so good.

Interview Questions

• know the basics very well and apply it to complex problems.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MaxLinear (Irvine, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

First 2 rounds of technical phone interviews within a week of online application, followed by a brief HR interview on phone. A day long face to face interview at office with around 10 people, which was quite enjoyable.
    They take you for lunch with 2 people normally and people who came with me were cool. But they keep asking technical questions all the time, so you never really feel the break. I was exhausted by the end of the day and the last interviewer showed some mercy by not asking much.

Interview Questions

• 1. How does the spectrum change when a signal is downsampled. Different versions of it.
      2. Explain setup, hold, clock jitter etc