McAlister's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at McAlister's

1.8

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAlister's (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy took under 15 minutes and I was out the door with a job. Manager was looking for people so it was easy, didn't need any qualifications just your self.

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAlister's (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I had a one hour or more phone interview with the human resources worker. She spoke to me as a normal person and asked me a lot of different questions. It was not that organized. Her questions were all over the place and she jumped from one question to the next without even letting me answer.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strongest personality traits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McAlister's in February 2014.

Interview

Responded to an advertisement on Craigslist. I received an e-mail back from a Regional Manager within 10 minutes of sending my resume. Set up a phone screen for the next day. Had a face-to-face interview with him and then the Vice President a week later. Everything went fairly easily as I had experience with the brand already, albeit a different franchisee. They made me a job offer, and plans were made for me to enter training in a different city.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. Offer was very good.

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at McAlister's (Charlotte, NC) in May 2011.

Interview

Easy enough, they waste a lot of your time talking about the same stuff over and over again.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They make and offer and rarely budge from that offer.

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

I was called on the phone to set up a phone interview at a later date. The interview last around 30-45 minutes over the phone. Very straightforward, easy to follow, no tricky questions, just know the job description and be able to give great examples of giving excellent customer service and hard work ethic. I'd suggest asking good questions to learn more about the business.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be a good candidate for this position?
      Tell me about a time you went beyond the norm to give excellent customer service.   Answer Question

Waitress Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAlister's (Norman, OK) in April 2010.

Interview

First, I picked up and completed application for the position. I made sure to dress professionally when picking up and returning my application. Then, the restaurant manager called me approximately 2 days later to schedule a one on one interview in the restaurant. I went in for my one on one interview and that is when I was offered the job, which I declined.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAlister's (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Took two days to contact, sat down for one 20 minute interview. Didn't hear anything. Called, my availability didn't match up. Got another call 1 week later asking if I was still interested, accepted.

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McAlister's (Washington, DC) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very easy. The manager took the time to recall go over the importance of a good server. He also made the time to really get to know more about me.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

First they ask you to tell a little about yourself. They ask why you want to work here and if you have some experience working around food. Then they hire you on the spot. Just like that.

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in College Station, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAlister's (College Station, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

Filled out an application and had an interview the next week. I had an interview with one of the store managers. He was very friendly and asked questions to get to know me and my previous work experience. The interview lasted about 15 minutes and was professional. I received a call that day and started the next week.

Interview Questions

• What was one way you have gone above and beyond with your costumer service?   Answer Question