McAlister's Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

1.8

Person Being Interviewed Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAlister's (Tulsa, OK) in June 2017.

Interview

Quick. Asked me a few questions about my work history. Friendly. It lasted about 20 minutes. The interviewer went over my application, work history, where I see myself in 10 years. They were kind of busy at first, so I had to wait 20 minutes to get interviewed. Other than that, the interview went well and was pretty quick in my opinion.

Interview Questions

• Why do you believe that you would be a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAlister's (Aurora, CO).

Interview

They had closed down a location in Denver (fired all staff!) and were preparing to reopen soon. I met the owner of the franchise as well as his District Manager. I could not have been more impressed. Spoke with the owner for a good 30 minutes. The conversation was free flowing, pleasant and on point. He was open to my questions and had the most insightful observations. It was the best interview I've ever had. I DESPERATELY wanted to work with this owner, truly believed I could learn so much from him. Never got a call back. Devastated. Truly do not know where I went wrong.

Front End Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McAlister's.

Interview

I walked in and was given the job without interview. I worked there for years and saw several actual interviews that lasted much longer than my 5 minute handshake. Wish some of my career interviews were that easy!

Interview Questions

• So you're (insert name here)'s friend?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There really wasn't a negotiation phase. It was for a minimum wage position.

Front of House Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brownwood, TX

Application

I interviewed at McAlister's (Brownwood, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Filled out an online application. Got called to come over and fill a paper application that day. Next day came back with my paperwork for food handlers and went through orientation for 3 days.

Interview Questions

• Can you remember what comes on the signature menu?   1 Answer

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Matthews, NC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at McAlister's (Matthews, NC).

Interview

I had a one hour or more phone interview with the human resources worker. She spoke to me as a normal person and asked me a lot of different questions. It was not that organized. Her questions were all over the place and she jumped from one question to the next without even letting me answer.

Interview Questions

• What is one of your strongest personality traits?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiating.

Keyholder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at McAlister's (Saint Louis, MO) in August 2016.

Interview

Relaxed, somewhat informal. A few questions about my past work experience, came in the next day to fill out paperwork. At one point the store was so desperate for employees that interviewees would at times be hired on the spot.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McAlister's (San Antonio, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Very straightforward. I knew what i was getting into, including pay scaling, pacing, opportunities for advancement. Management did well in this area. Being interviewed by 2 managers was professional and both were very honest.

Cashier/FOH Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McAlister's (Oklahoma City, OK).

Interview

My interview was supposed to start at 3:30, but they were busy and only had 3 people working so it didn't start until 4:12. The manager jumped in to help employees. I was basically just informed about the company and their expectations. We had a normal conversation. It didn't feel like a interview. I was hired on the spot. I was able to start working in 2 days. The managers and employees were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beavercreek, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAlister's (Beavercreek, OH) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was kind of casual but still professional. I felt comfortable during the interview and he was polite. He kept his word on when he would call me if there was an offer.

Interview Questions

• how long do you see yourself at McAlister's ?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McAlister's (Tampa, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

Very easy took under 15 minutes and I was out the door with a job. Manager was looking for people so it was easy, didn't need any qualifications just your self.