McCarthy & Holthus Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 24, 2017

2.2

Eviction Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (San Diego, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

Casual job interview. Employee work area appeared to be very clean. The employees I noticed were non-professionals, not that is a bad thing. Maybe they were just starting out like I am. They were respectful towards others.

Interview Questions

• Question about dress code, if whether or not I would have a problem with how employees dressed.   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Applied online. Called about a week later to set up an interview. Interview was informal and more of a conversation to feel eachother out and see what each side had to offer. Very few direct questions and not as tense or forward as interviews with other firms. Job offer came the next day contingent upon meeting the partners in San Diego.

Interview Questions

• What are you hoping to get out of working here? They didn't really want to ask the "where do you see yourself in five years?" question.   Answer Question

Mediation Title Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (Portland, OR) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online from ad on Craigslist. Received a call from a 3rd party that scheduled an in-person interviewinterview. Interview was with the office attorney and staff manager. Office and job seemed like they would be a comfortable/ fun place to work but wage was very low at only $12 an hour.

Interview Questions

• The questions I was asked were: What kind of office experience did I have. Did I know how to use MS Outlook. Did I know the meaning of the word redacated.
      Then I was given a very short example email that tested my ability to pull out the correct info from that email.   Answer Question

Mediation Staff Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (Portland, OR) in March 2016.

Interview

Online application & phone interview, followed with an Office interview. Redacted files give a sample of what the actual work process will be like. This Firm has offices in 8 states. Reviews on this site for other offices do not seem to reflect the Portland office. Bad Reviews from a year ago describe some managers that no longer work at this office. Staff and attorneys are Colleagues. The relaxed dress code and ability to listen to an ipod Is not confused with getting a lot of professional quality work done in an 8 hour day. This law firm is clearly in business to keep growing and make a profit. Staff does not make the Big Bucks. However, They give a $100 monthly tri-met pass at this office. Lunch is provided on random days. There is a good kitchen. Gift cards are also handed out at random times, for coffee, sandwiches, apple store. There was a moderate performance bonus, including staff. Portland has a good paid time off policy, and some ability to work away from the office, after 90 days. Really good technology, and full time tech support. They have tutorials and a paid training period. Immense volume of Simple procedures, on a checklist. 95% of the process is consistently clicking the correct spot. Procedural Questions seem to get resolved smoothly, without drama, in the Mediation Department.

Interview Questions

• Competent with computer files? Ability to systematically produce an immense volume of simple steps in an hour? In a day? Can you consistently do it Every Day?   Answer Question

Judicial Foreclosure Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus.

Interview

Submitted a resume via Craigslist and received a phone call from their hiring manager. She was upfront about the pay (which isn't much) and scheduled an interview. When I arrived for my interview there were no chairs in the reception area to sit in while I waited. Casual attire worn by the employees. The manager that interviewed me was nice and honest about the expectations. It took about an hour to interview. I had to contact them though to find out if I got the job. The hiring manager told me she would contact me back the next day but I didn't hear back from her until two days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions weren't difficult. Just assessed my level of competency.   Answer Question

Looking for a career and did not feel this was the place for me.

Legal Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Just really asked about my experience and how I thought I'd do in that kind of environment.

Interview Questions

• How do you do with repetitive tasks   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus in November 2012.

Interview

Called me and set up an interview set for a few days after. Very basic meet and greet interview not much to it, it was more conversational then anything only asked one question then conversation flowed from there

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (San Diego, CA) in November 2012.

Interview

Simple. Questions not hard at all. Very typical interview questions. Had to reschedule the initial interview as I showed up and the department manager was not there. Came back and still waited 20 minutes until the interview started

Interview Questions

• Is there anything else you would want us to know about you?   1 Answer

Associate Attorney Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bainbridge Island, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at McCarthy & Holthus (Bainbridge Island, WA) in May 2011.

Interview

I found a paralegal job on Craig's List on Bainbridge Island where I live. I am an attorney, so in the interview (and cover letter), I emphasized how much help I could be as I had my license to practice law, so I could sign pleadings and go to court if necessary. The day after the interview, I received a phone call asking me if I was interested in working for the firm as an attorney. I had one more interview like meeting with the managing attorney and then I started work as an attorney.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had any experience litigating real estate based cases.   Answer Question