McClatchy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

McClatchy Interview Questions

Updated May 3, 2017

2.8

Editor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McClatchy.

Interview

Good series of remote and in-person interviews with a variety of people in the company. I had Skype calls for the first round with different managers, then in-person interviews at the company.

Interview Questions

• After being asked to review the publiations, asked how I would change the approach to content?   Answer Question

Automative Development Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McClatchy in February 2017.

Interview

One person emails and calls to set up interview, Interview is with another person. Neither have very good idea about position. They claim they are impressed and will set up interview with third party across the country. They then drag it out for two weeks and third part decides to pull the job. The application site was something out of the late 1980's very clunky and antiquated. No surprise Newspaper industry is struggling with ad revenue and subscriptions.

Interview Questions

• Very Vague questions nothing to really make sure right fit. No specific questions are "Star" type questions. No job aptitude questions.   2 Answers

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at McClatchy (Miami, FL).

Interview

The interview process was incredibly lengthy. It took several months from submitting my resume to getting a call, sitting for an interview and test and then finally being called back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• The interview is pretty standard, but you have to take a test that requires you to edit, translate and write.   1 Answer

Digital Advertising Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at McClatchy (Raleigh, NC).

Interview

I only had two interviews before they hired me. Both had me interviewing with a panel of people. The first interview was 4 people, the second six - with higher level managers. It was very intense, but that was part of their tactic. Some left field questions too.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to sell them a a pen. This isn't a sales job.   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cary, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McClatchy (Cary, NC).

Interview

20 minute quiz then 2 hour face to face interview with team and VP. Asked all kinds of work related questions. Wish it was shorter considering they based the decision on the quiz results anyways.

Interview Questions

• Difference between div and span   1 Answer
    • Difference between display:none and visibility:hidden   2 Answers
    • What's in a grunt file and explain what it does   1 Answer
    • What tag should every page start with?   1 Answer

Publisher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McClatchy (Miami, FL) in March 2013.

Interview

Very professional and pleasant. The process was average and the company is a professional firm that gives you excellent benefits and opportunity but there is an underlying political vibe and you need to know how to navigate it.

Software Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McClatchy (Raleigh, NC) in June 2010.

Interview

The interview process starts out with a phone screen. Then there is an email questionnaire of technical questions. Finally, the first 30 minutes of the interview process includes a multiple-choice quiz of technical questions that any qualified candidate should be able to answer. The interview process includes meeting with immediate managers, the team co-workers, and if that goes well, some folks further upstream.

Interview Questions

• What is ‘Responsive Design,’ and how might it be used on the mobile context?   1 Answer

Finance Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McClatchy in May 2008.

Interview

I was able to schedule an interview on the same day I sent my resume. It was about unpaid intership and I totally underestimated it because I am a very good student and I thought that they will be impressed by my GPA and also quick response to the ad.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little bit more about yourself?   1 Answer
    • What does it mean to be a member of BPA and BGS?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McClatchy in March 2008.

Interview

JUst questions..very simple, low pressure.