McDermott Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.8

Project Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview in which the recruiter informed me that a follow-up face-to-face interview would be set up. The interview went well and the process was simple. A email arrived 4 day after the interview informing me they the company went with another candidate.

The face to face went great I thought. They needed someone with more on-hands construction experience.

Interview Questions

• Brief summary of experience?   1 Answer

Director, Risk Management Interview

Interview

Initial communications are poor at best. There is no acknowledgement of on-line application, no communication indicating that you are not being considered as a candidate and no communication that the position has been filled. The hiring process is impersonal; there is no "human" in human resources.

Associate Subsea Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDermott (Baton Rouge, LA) in December 2013.

Interview

Briefly met with all of the management engineers and was asked a couple technical questions. Many of the engineers were scattered across the floor and I was walked to each (six) of their offices. Upon arrival to their office, I would be asked a series of personal questions, followed by a series of technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time where you had to lead a group of people   Answer Question

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McDermott.

Interview

Interviewed with J. Ray McDermott in Houston. I thought the Interview went well but we couldn't agree on salary and I wasn't sure that the work would be challenging enough to hold my interest. folks I interviewed with were competent and very welcoming. I decided to branch out on my own and start a consulting firm.

Interview Questions

Salary wasn't where I needed it to be.

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process wasn't overly difficult or anything, they were friendly. I got an interview through an employee already working for the company. I interviewed at the company. They asked more questions about personality than technical details about my supply chain courses. Not a very good talker, but tried to be as honest and genuine as possible.

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

Was not too bad. Had 2 interviews. There were basic technical questions involved. I spoke with the manager and a tech that has been there a long time. Took about 5 days to find out I was not chosen.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Friendly and useful dialogue. Many behavioral questions. Some questions on the industry as well. Some read up on general industry stuff will be useful. This is an oil EPCI company so read up on the industry.

Interview Questions

• outlook of oil & gas industry in next 5 years   1 Answer

Principal Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

Four person interviewed, includes HR, Facility Manager, Process Manager and Lead engineer. Managers talked more general questions. Lead engineer talked techincal in details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated $5000 than offered initially. Suggest to ask at least $5000 more than what you want.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Interview was very easy. They seemed to be more interested in my personality rather than technical competency.

Negotiation

No negotiation, accepted first offer.

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at McDermott (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

I went through a recruiter and initially McDermott was unable to provide a benefits description. I would not accept a position without this information and waited until I did. The interview process went well and they showed me a roadmap of the IT department and where I would fit in. I also met several of the other project managers. Overall I was impressed.

Interview Questions

• This was many years ago and I don't remember a specific hard question   Answer Question