McLean Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 13, 2017

2.7

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in March 2017.

Interview

1 initial phone interview w/ one of the PI's, then a follow up interview with 3 PI's (all at once). Was asked to come back for a lab tour and met again with 2 of the PI's and had a short interview. The overall experience was pretty positive and standard for lab tech interviews.

Interview Questions

• Describe your research experience/projects
      (be prepared to do this in detail and answer questions)
      Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 years, 5 years, etc.?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to do research?   Answer Question
    • Describe your biggest success so far.   Answer Question
    • What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? How would your friends describe you?   Answer Question

Administrative Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred through a temp agency, and had a brief phone interview at first which went well. I was told the in-person interview would be two hours. It lasted barely 45 mins, and was ended abruptly. I was nervous and wasn't doing very well with the interview, but they were really rude about it. The interview didn't even have a natural end, and the interviewer appeared extremely annoyed when I attempted to ask questions about the role. All in all, it was a very hostile and disappointing experience. I guess if the interviewers don't treat you well, you don't want a job there anyways, right?

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation you've faced at work, and how you responded.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in February 2017.

Interview

Online application submitted, brief phone interview to set up an in person interview, in person interview with Direct Supervisor (Nursing Director) and tour of the unit, in person interview with HR, 2 wk long orientation.

Activities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Boston, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

A representative called me to ask me about my interest in the position. They asked me about my past experience and how I had heard about the position. I was asked about my current education and my future academic plans. I was asked if I would submit to a drug test and about commuting to work each day.

Interview Questions

• Questions about past experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Very open to negotiation. Salary usually based on experience.

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in May 2016.

Interview

phone interview followed up with in person interview. On the phone they wanted to know my background information and in person they asked about my career goals and why I want to work here.

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

Very easy. Set up an interview, it took about 30 minutes, then she showed me around the building and offered me a job a few days later. It was really quite simple, and even though I had prepared, she really had seen to make up her mind before even calling me in. The turn around rate at McLean is high, due to the nature of the work, that being said, it is a better place to work then most in the psychiatric field.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McLean Hospital.

Interview

Very quick and efficient. An email from the PI, schedule a meeting in-person. Get a tour of the building/work spaces, and interview. Interview is mostly about skills. They are definitely interested in references and contacting them.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses (a very common question, but difficult nonetheless)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was simple. I got a call back to schedule an interview and did so promptly. The interview went well and I saw the unit as well as the work functions of the MHS. I was called back soon afterwards with an offer. The questions I was asked were simple about and was given an overview of what my responsibilities would be. The senior staff member was courteous and respectful during the interview.

Interview Questions

• The senior staff member asked me what my plans for the future were, education and work wise.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an e-mail from the nursing director to schedule an interview the next day. It was a very quick turnaround! I met with her in her office, where she discussed my experience and interest in the position. After I received a tour of the unit from a current mental health specialist. I then I went to the administrative office to talk about pay and look at my references. They followed up with me the following week with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They didn't ask me much since I had previous experience but why I wanted to work for Mclean.   Answer Question

Community Residence Counselor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belmont, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McLean Hospital (Belmont, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Pretty casual interview that consisted of a lot of your typical questions-- "What did you major in?" "What are you looking to gain from this position" etc. They probed a lot about you to get a feel for your character, how you interact with other people; people you have just met. This gives them a good gauge of whether or not you would be able to handle the responsibility of this particular role--interacting with new people in a genuine and personal way.

Interview Questions

• This is a career shift for you, why choose this position?   1 Answer